Epilogue

A 'Shifter's Silence

It was a few months later, and everyone was back to their usual energy, as if Changgu was still around. There was still a sadness hanging around when certain things were done, like leaving an extra seat open and no one sleeping in Changgu's bed, but they worked around it. Kino's bunk officially became Yuto's bunk and Kino and Shinwon took Yuto's bed because Yuto feared the bed would break and the top bunk would fall on top of him due to the extra weight.

Today was Yuto's day off and Yuto found himself wandering around the forest, just going in a random direction with no real destination in mind. He figured the meadow was a long shot, since he wanted to find it himself, so he just walked in a direction and hoped he'd get to it before the others found him. All he brought with him was a couple bottles of water and a few snacks.

 

~



"Guys," said Jaemin as he came out of his room. "Do you know where Yuto went?" He asked. "No," said Chani. "His phone is here, he might've gone for a walk," he said. "By himself?" Asked Hoetaek as he walked out of his and Sungyeol's room. "I think Shinwon went after him," said Kino as he walked out of the 'shifter's room. "Just to be sure he's not lost or anything," he said.

Hyojung returned from his morning run to everyone in chaos. "What happened?" He asked. "Yuto and Shinwon are gone," said Chani. "Oh, those two? They headed out to the meadow," said Hyojung. "And they couldn't've told us first?" Asked Hoetaek as he sighed. "Well, I think Yuto wanted to try and find it himself then Shinwon found him while we were on a morning run," said Hyojung as he shrugged.

"Damn the human," said Yanan as he flopped down on the couch. "We were literally about to go charging out after him," said Kino as he scratched the back of his head. "They'll be back in a few hours, I think," said Hyojung. "Knowing Yuto, I think he'd spend the day out there," said Hoetaek. "Probably," said Jaemin.

 

~



"You didn't have to accompany me you know," said Yuto as he walked with Shinwon walking beside him, the large reddish-brown wolf deciding to join him after he and Hyojung found him wandering. Shinwon snorts, bumping Yuto with his snout, causing Yuto to fall over. "Hey," whined Yuto as he laughs, standing and brushing the dirt off his pants. Shinwon bared his teeth in a wolfy grin as Yuto continued forward, following after him.

"Do you remember the way to the meadow?" Yuto asked suddenly. Shinwon turned to him, nodding. "I wish I did," Yuto said with a pout. "Care to take me there?" He asked. Shinwon huffs, nodding as he lay down for Yuto to climb onto his back. Yuto climbed onto his back and held on as tightly as he could. "Okay, go," he said. Shinwon ran forward, with Yuto yelping as he bent down to lean into Shinwon's neck to keep himself from being thrown off.

 

~



"You know what," said Hoetaek as he headed out the back door. "I'm going to find them," he called. "Wait for me!" Shouted Kino as he ran out after Hoetaek. After they both stripped and changed Kino lead the way, using his tracking skills to follow after Yuto's scent. It wasn't that they didn't trust Shinwon to keep Yuto safe, but Yuto was known for his crazy ideas so most likely Yuto had Shinwon carry him to the meadow.
 

~



Yuto was feeling winded when Shinwon finally stopped. "Holy hell," said Yuto as he sat up, looking around the fall meadow. "Warn me next time you decide to do that alright?" He asked. Shinwon snorts and leaned down so that Yuto could slide off his back.

Yuto slid off his back and went to Changgu's grave site. "Hey there Changgu," he said, smiling softly at the cross that was placed at the grave. "I'm late, like usual but I couldn't find a day to come out here to spend the day with you like I've been promising," he said. "Hyojung's been taking me here but I brought Shinwon with me this time," he said, sitting down in front of the grave. Shinwon walked over in human form after getting dressed in the spare clothes that were hidden nearby.

Yuto handed Shinwon one of his snacks before putting one down in front of the cross. "For you then," he said, placing a water bottle down for him and opening his snack to take a bite. Shinwon did the same thing, and they sat in silence, enjoying the calm morning.

It was how Hoetaek and Kino found them an hour later, surprised to see how calm the two were. Hoetaek and Kino went to change and put on the spare clothes before coming to join them. "What the hell Yuto?" Asked Hoetaek. Yuto chuckled some. "I meant to come out here alone but I got lost," he said. "I can see that," said Kino.

"How long were you planning this?" Asked Hoetaek. "A few weeks now, just never found the time to come out," said Yuto. "And I was carefully marking my route here but I got lost, as per usual," he said, sighing. "Silly human," said Shinwon as he snickered. "Shut up you," said Yuto as he scowled.

"So," said Kino as he scratched the back of his head. "I think I want to discuss something I've been planning for a while," he said. Hoetaek nodded. "Is it about you two leaving?" He asked. "How did you?" Asked Kino. "You've been talking about meeting with Jinho," said Hoetaek. "Oh, right," said Kino.

"When are you leaving?" Asked Hoetaek. "In a few days," said Kino. "I was going to see if we could get a car before we left," he said. "I see," said Hoetaek. "Well," he said. "I'm not here to stop you from doing so," he said. "As I've stated several times, I am not stopping you from leaving," he said. "I'm not the kind of alpha that does everything to prevent people from leaving," he said.

"Just come visit yeah?" He asked. "Always," said Kino as he nodded. Shinwon nodded in agreement. "I think a visit will happen," he said. "Man, I'm going to miss you guys," Yuto said with a pout. "At least you get your bed back," Kino said with a snicker.