Chapter 14

A 'Shifter's Silence

Hoetaek, Changgu, Yuto and Kino headed into Toronto to get some new clothes, since Yuto and Changgu needed some. Changgu's energy levels were at a all time high but they were still cautious about things. Maybe his immune system was finally back to normal but even with that they were being cautious. Changgu was still getting tired relatively easily so they kept activities to a minimum.

Changgu's eyes were shining with innocence for the first time in a while as he walked with Yuto around the mall. Hoetaek and Kino weren't too far behind, letting the two take the lead. Yuto lead Changgu to a store to get some clothes, the both of them going to look around.

"It's a bit odd," said Yuto as he went to get some outfits. "I wonder where Wooseok is?" He asked. "I don't know about you but he's been very quiet, it makes me wonder where he went," he said. Changgu hummed in response as he browsed for some outfits, sticking near Yuto.

Kino was looking around the area outside the store Yuto and Changgu had gone into with Hoetaek standing beside him. "Looking for someone Kino?" Asked Hoetaek. "I got a message earlier, apparently Shinwon's nearby," said Kino. "Don't believe it for a long shot," said Hoetaek. "I know you miss him but we can't believe everything," he said. "I know I know," said Kino as he sighed.

"Is that why you decided to go with us then?" Asked Hoetaek. "Partially," said Kino. "I was also bored," he said. Hoetaek hummed in response. "I just don't want you to turn traitor on us," he said. "Why would I? Damn Wooseok's keeping Shinwon hostage," Kino growled. "He could sway you to their side," Hoetaek pointed out. "True," said Kino as he sighed.

Changgu came out of the store with Yuto behind him, the both of them carrying some bags. "Done?" Asked Hoetaek as he spotted them. Changgu nodded, grinning in response. Yuto scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, we're done for now," he said. "Lunch time then?" Asked Hoetaek. Changgu nodded. They headed to the food court to get lunch, finding a table to eat at and sitting down after getting their food.

"A little birdy told me that Shinwon is around," said Yuto as he raised an eyebrow. Kino sighed. "I want to track him but," he said. "Don't," said Hoetaek. "It only spells trouble," he said. "I know," said Kino. "But I need to make sure he's okay," he said. Changgu shook his head. "Even Changgu agrees with us here," said Hoetaek. "Okay okay," said Kino as he sighed.

"I will never understand how you 'shifters work," mumbled Yuto. "Well, they haven't seen much of each other since Kino came to our side," said Hoetaek. "It makes sense when you've been away from your mate for a long time," he said. "I guess," said Yuto. "I'll never understand it until it happens to me eh?" He asked. Changgu nodded.

After lunch they continued to walk around, Hoetaek and Kino getting their share of shopping while Changgu and Yuto waited for them outside the stores they went in. Yuto was on his phone scrolling through their chats to see what was happening.

"I guess Kino was right then, you are in this mall," came a voice that Changgu froze at, turning to see Shinwon. Changgu blinked. "And you're still living then," said Shinwon. Changgu hummed in response, his eyes narrowing. "Oh, it's you," said Yuto as he raised an eyebrow, keeping his phone behind his back as he pressed the panic button. "I'm not here to hurt you," said Shinwon. "I'm sure," said Yuto as he turned to see Hoetaek and Kino come out of the store rather quickly.

"S-Shinwon," Kino breathed out as he saw him. Shinwon turned to Kino. "Hello Kino," he said. "You got away after all," said Kino. Shinwon shrugged. "I guess," he said. Changgu sensed something wrong as he tilted his head to the side, a gesture not gone unnoticed by Hoetaek. "Kino," warned Hoetaek. "I guess I better go then," said Kino. "I'll see you around," he said. Shinwon nodded and watched as they left.

"I-I," said Kino. "I know," said Hoetaek as he gave Kino a hug. "I wanted to go up to him," said Kino as he sobbed into Hoetaek's shoulder. "We don't know his intentions yet," said Hoetaek as he took Kino into a secluded spot, away from everyone while Changgu and Yuto kept watch. "I wanted to stay for him," said Kino. "I know," said Hoetaek. "Until we get this crap over with with Wooseok we can't have you anywhere near Shinwon, okay?" He asked. Kino nodded against his shoulder, trying to keep his sobbing quiet.

"Is that how it feels?" Yuto asked suddenly, looking at Changgu. Changgu blinked before nodding. "If I was separated from my mate for so long only to be told to stay away when I see them again I'd fight it too," Yuto said with a sigh. Changgu hummed, looking away as he coughed slightly, covering his mouth. "Are you alright?" Yuto asked, looking suddenly panicked. Changgu waved him off, nodding. Their priority right now was making sure Kino was alright.

After a bit Kino was good to go, wiping his tears as Hoetaek moved away. "Are you okay now?" Asked Hoetaek. Kino nodded, sniffling as he wiped his face with his shirt. "I-I'll be fine," he said. "It- It hurt you know, to walk away from him again," he said. "Wooseok's brainwashed him," said Hoetaek. "At least, it seemed that way," he said. "I've never seen him so... Emotionless," said Kino.

"Let's go home now," Hoetaek said softly. "We'll get our chance to get back at Wooseok soon," he said. "I know," said Kino. "Let's head home then," he said. Yuto and Changgu turned back to Kino and Hoetaek. "I'm sorry you had to walk away," said Yuto. Kino shook his head. "It's alright," he said. "Let's get home then," he said. After a few minutes they headed out to the suv, and Hoetaek drove them home.