The Scattered Memories II

The Soloist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Soloist Chapter 17
The Scattered Memories II

 

Jeong Eunji POV

It is so warm, where am i? I tried to open my eyes, and the first thing which greeted me was sunrise and woods. 


Where am i?

I asked myself, i am not sure but i eventually  walking to through this ... forest? 

"Eunji.."

I heard someone called me out, it obviously from a boy. So i am looking around, but i couldn't find anyone around me

"Eunji!" 

So I decided to find it out, this is not that bad though, even though that i was worrying about myself who could be ended at this place with no reason. But i tried to walk straight when i raised my awareness. 


"Eunji!"


Who is that? Should am i asking him back too?


"Jeong Eunji!" 

He really knows me! So i slightly run to find him. 
I ended to find a lake in front of me.

And i see him there, a boy who wear black hoodie and  was looking around from a far. Then, by a coincidence he saw me and runs towards me.


 "Where have you been? I'm looking for you, i am afraid that you were missing." 


He is smiling and pat my head, but wait! How could he reach my head? So i looking at my self and i just realize that i changed into a kids form.


"Let's go! We should go, before..."


'Kriiing....kriiiiing.....kriiiiing'

What is that sound?
Where is that come from?

Suddenly a bright light comes from no where and it make me sightless. I tried to reach him, but i'm losing him.
I open my eyes, and the first thing that i heard is my own alarm. I get up and yawning. 


Who is that?
Where is that?


It felt so familliar, ah it might be just a dream, weird dream. I don't think that it supposed to be something.

I just made myself ready to meet the kids today, beside that, i've promised to taught Jeong Eun about how to play the piano yesterday. 
I opened my room and about to close it again, but suddenly someone grab my hand to open the door and pulls me back into my room again.

"Yoseop oppa!"
"Ssst!" He closes the door with his right hand, while his left still grabs mine. 
"What?"
"You are too noisy and hard to handle, really." He said
"And you were too hard to predict, really."

He is smiling, and then he make himself closer to me. Glad to see him with his best condition, i could see the plaster on his forehead, although that i know that he tried to blocked it with his bangs. 
Gayoon Eonnie told us to acted like the incident was never happened. She told us to never asked Yoseop oppa about the details. She asked us to never said anything about yesterday to him, for his goodness.

"Wha..What?"I asked, stuttering 
He doesn't give me an answer, but suddenly he pats my head and caressing my hair. 

"Where've you been?" He said it when he stared straight into my eyes. And it make me...i don't know, i can't explain.
But wait! It was like a deja vu, i've ever felt the same thing like this before...in my dream.

"Eh?" I can't say anything beside that with my untidy mind and fluttered heart
He is chuckling. "I've waited for you, what took you so long? Do you need an hour just to get ready?"
I slapped his arm, how dare he make me like this?
"Oppa!!"
"Hehehe, i am sorry, but really i've waited for you."
"What for?"
"To help me, of course."
"If it was too dangerous, please.. forget it."
"No! Please do it with me." 
"What is it?"
"Today was Yeon Ho's birthday! I want to make him out from his room and have a fishing time!"
"He was and still sick, for your information."
"I've asked Dongwoon about him, and he said that Yeon Ho has fully recovered, for your information."
"O...kaaay, if you are not lying about that."
"You should believe that i've said the truth." He said it with his cute face. I CAN'T STAND WITH IT
"Okay okay, but why it should be fishing? Do you want to bring him out to the lake?"
"You are too clever than i expected. he always wants to see the lake, and since today was his birthday, i want to grant his wish, this is the first time for him to do it! So i want you to go with us, i will take care of Yeon Ho, and you will keep your eyes on Jeong Eun!"
"Jeong Eun will be with us?"
"Of course, she was the one who told me about this idea. So..let's go! Before we caught up by Junhyung!"
"The principal has arrived? And why should we need to avoiding him?"
"Gayoon told me to do so, she might want to make Junhyung worried, hahaha, i like it when Gayoon turned to be her mischievous side...come on, let's go!"
"But, Yeon Ho, Jeong Eun and...You, should have your breakfast first."
"It will be your task, you should make our breakfast and our lunch then we will meet up at the back wall! Do you get it?" He is smiling
"What? But..."
"I take it as yes! Hahaha see you Eunji!" And leave me who was dumbfounded
"Oppa! Aish."

Diningroom
"Good morning!" I said it cheerfully to the kids who just eaten their breakfast. But i don't see Yeon Ho or Jeong Eun here.
"Good morning!"
"Ah, eunji.., other staffs will be here soon." Eomoni said
"Yes, I think i should give you some help first."
"No, i just made it, bring these with you." She said it while give me a rattan bucket.
"What is it?" I asked, still confused
"Yoseop asked me to make it, you could find your breakfast and your lunch in it. One for Yeon Ho, one for Jeong Eun, one for you and one for Yoseop! Hoho i was too excited!"
"Yoseop oppa...has asked you?"
"Yes, why?"
He just told me to make it for them, but he asked eomoni first to make it and even make it four. Yoseop oppa..you are too hard to be predicted.

 

It’s warm, whenever I think of you, I’m happy
Just thinking about holding you
Makes a smile spread on my face
You color my world

 

"Eunji eonnie!" It was Jeong Eun who waving her hands to me.
"Okay, since we've gathered, i should tell you several rules." Yoseop oppa said
"What is that?" Yeon ho asked excitingly
"First, keep stay close to me."
"Okay!" Yeon ho shouted
"Second, don't messed up and missing, ask my permission when both of you want to do something."
"Okay!" Jeong Eun shouted louder
"Third, don't fight or else!"
Both Jeong Eun and Yeon Ho are looking  at each other. 
"Okay!" They shouted in unity
"Fourth, Let's have fun!"
"Hooray!"

Today is so bright, and i like it. We're walking in a line, Yoseop oppa first, then followef by Yeon Ho, Jeong Eun and me. They talked a lot. Hehe cute
"Hyung, what if we found a snake later? Could we bring it back to our house?" Yeon Ho asked
"Aish! How should we do with it? How could you think about it?"
"Just keep quiet jeong eun ah."
"Wha.."
"A..a..a..remember about the rules please!" Yoseop oppa said
"Okaay." 
"But, Where will you put the snake though?" He asked yeon ho
"Hm..in Ddan ddan hyung's guitar?"
"Hahaha, don't!  You can't do it, yeon ho ya..you should stop, hehe. Poor ddan ddan. Why do you like to ?"
"Because ddan ddan hyung is so kind. I like him! Sooo much!"
Cute, kids will have different way to show their love to the older. It might be in lovingly ways or else. 
"Hahaha, don't dare to do it okay? Ah, here we are! We arrived safely! Let's get started or fishing time!"
"Woaaaaah! Thank you Hyung! Thank you Noona! to brought me out here! Hahaha!" Yeon ho said it with his wide smile.
"I think you should said your gratitude to Jeong Eun too, she was the one who has this idea." Yoseop oppa asked
Yeon ho is looking at her, and smiling.
"Thank you Jeong Eun ah!"


We're playing around. I thought that we will not even could to caught the fishes. But surprisingly, we could make it and it were A LOT! 


You became my hope
You became my joy
Wherever I am, whatever I’m doing
I think of you


I sit on the grass and eat my meal. it almost noon, but i haven't eaten, so that i took one meal from the bucket which eomoni gave to me earlier. 
Looking at them who were playing happily, make me felt so ease. Suddenly Yoseop oppa run towards me and sit right beside me.
"Why did you eat alone?"
"Do you wanna some?"
"Of course." 
So i take another meal for him, but before i could give it to him, he grabs mine and eat it straight.
"Yah! Oppa, it's mine!"
"You just taken another one right? Eat that."
"But.."
"Gayoon said that a girl could eat more than a man portion. So, i think i am too kind to give you mine, while i ate yours."
"To be honest, i don't know how to react, show my gratitude or hit your face first."
"Ahahaha, just be a good girl and eat that." 
He is chuckling, he is really hard to predict. I don't know how to be with him. 

'Yoseop hyung diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia'


Schizophrenia? 
I am looking at him who just watched the kids from a far. I think people can't tell if he was a schizophrenic. He is just an ordinary man, who kind and care, but sometimes if he brought his scammer side out, i really want to punch him. He lived as a normal person, and i couldn't understand if he diagnosed with a schizophrenia. As long as i know about that, i haven't seen him shown his symtomps.

Should i asked him? 
No, it isn't a good idea

"Why do you looking at me with that questioned face?" Yoseop asked
"How could you realized? Your eyes were on the kids for a whole time."
He is facing me now
"Even though, i didn't see you directly, but i can feel you everywhere, i can feel you anywhere."
"Okay, it seems .... too cringe and full of a non sense thing after all."
He is pouting and looking straight to the kids again. But suddenly, his expression changed and he is facing me again.
"Eunji.."
"Hm?"
"What do you think?"
"What are we talking about?"
"Me."
"Eh? I...i don't understand."
He is looking down " I know that you've known about me.."
I didn't say anything, because i don't know how to tell him.
"I...i am a schizophrenic."
I take a deep breath, he said it first. "Yes, i know it."
He kept his head down, and i bit my bottom lip. Did i just do something wrong? 
"Will...will you..." finally he said something!
"Hm?"
"Will you go and leave me?"
"No." I just said it blurtly. Because...i really mean it
He is looking at me, straight into my eyes, like he tried to believe for all words that i said.
"I will not leave you, okay you were a schizophrenic, so what?"
"But..a schizophrenic like me might hurt you in the future."
"Who was telling you about that? And why do you think about something that can't really happen in the future? Don't be like that, you are kind, you will never hurt others, believe me. You are a normal person." He is smiling
"But okay..to be honest you are so weird, especially when we met at the first time. Why did you act like that anyway?"
"Like what?"
"Stared into the tree and sang?"
"Is that weird?"
"It's weird enough for me, because you didn't say anything to me at that time."
"Because you scared me." He said
"Me? How?!"
"You were there, suddenly, and being unnoticed. I didn't know what to do."
"Because i like it! It was Kim Kwang Seok's song right? Although i've loved you?"
"Right"
"How did you know about it?"
"I ever heard it from Junhyung. How about you?"
"I watched a musical and i heard it there."
"Oh, so.." and we were looking to the kids who were playing excitingly
"Sing it again.." i said, but my eyes never leave it sights into Yeon Ho and Jeong Eun. 
"Huh?" He is looking at me
"Sing it, although i've loved you"
"Oh...no."
"Why??!"
"I'm not in the right mood." And he is smiling
"But..."
"Haaa let's join with the kids, and feed them their snack!" He interrupted me, and i know he did it on purpose. So i can't help to frown
"Ahahahaha, let's go" he brings the bucket by his left hand, and holds my wrist by his right hand. "Jeong Eunji! Let's go!" He is smiling, so i'm following him and we run towards the kids. I don't know, whenever i was being with him, it always felt so familliar and ease. I like it, really..

We run and tried so hard to fed the kids, both Yeon Ho and Jeong Eun were running so fast, but i can't stop or give up! Haha I am Jeong Eun ji, and running is my middle name. 
Anyway, today is so bright and warm, just like him..
And I just never seen him as a schizophrenic


It’s warm, whenever I think of you, I’m happy
Just thinking about holding you
Makes a smile spread on my face


"Eomoni!" I called her cheerfully, i just returned from the lake, and i walked straight to find eomoni, because she might be knows, what should we do with these fishes. 
"Ah eunji, you've returned? And what did you get?" 
I showed her the fishes, "Yeon Ho and Jeong Eun had a great fishing day, they got these all"
"Waa, we will have special dinner tonight! Where is Yoseobbie?"
"Um..sneaking into the main house without being noticed?"
"Eh? By who?" She is smiling
"I am not sure though, but he said that he should be hurry and be more careful."
"Think about it, Junhyungie will be returned soon, or might be...."
"Hello." Someone just interrupted us, we were looking back and Junhyung oppa was really there, ah.. he has finally returned.
"Junhyungie!"
"Hello Eomoni, hello Eunji-ssi."
"Have you eaten?" Eomoni asked
"To be honest, i am here to find something for eat." He is smiling. I wonder why, but seems that everyone will turn to be like a little kids when they were around with eomoni. 
"Ah, great! Take a seat and i'll prepare something for you. You are too thin, it was bad, you should eat more than you drink your favourite cola." She said while she pushed Junhyung oppa from his back until he sit on the dinner table. 
"Hehe, thank you Eomoni."
"I think i should go then, in case that you will not feel comfortable with me while you were eating."
"No, i am sorry, but i have something to talk with you, so please take a seat."
What will he said to me?
"Is that okay, do you have something to do?" He asked
"No, today is Sunday, i don't have a class or else."
"It's okay then, so we could talk comfortably..this is about Yoseop."
"What's wrong with him?"
"Gayoon has told me about yesterday, and she told me that you were there with him, so..i guess that you've already known about his condition, am i right?"
"Ddan ddan oppa...he told me about him, but please! I was the one who asked and forced him to told me everything, i am sorry."
"No, don't worry about Ddan ddan, i will not scold him or else, he is not doing it for the first time though."
"What do you mean?" I asked
"He told Seungyoon with the same way like you did, asked Ddan ddan to told you everything by a little force. That's why i said that you weren't the first one." He is smiling "I don't know, but Ddan ddan really looked like an easy person to be persuaded, because of his kind-hearted side." He continued. 
Yes, he is so kind
"So, since you've known about his condition, may i asked you a favor?"
"Of course."
"Like what i asked to Seungyoon, i will asked you the same thing...could you keep it in secret? All of things that you've known about Yoseop, i wish that you will keep it safe. Could you make it? Because..you know...it's better for goodness." He is looking at me, and i know his eyes looked so concerned, i know he put his hopes on me too.
"I am sorry..But, why? I think it's better to make people know right? i mean..people should change their perception about a schizophrenic, they are not that bad, because Yoseop oppa showed me that."
Junhyung oppa take a deep sigh, his eyes wandering like he was trying to make sure that he choose the right words to talk with me.
"Yes, you're right, a schizophrenic shouldn't be hiding, they should be shown so that public will know that they were wrong about schizophrenics, but....it wasn't for Yoseop."
"Since i've met him at the first time, he looked so normal, he is kind, caring, and i believe that he will never make people hurt."
"I know, i do believe it, he is kind, he will do everything to protect his precious, yes..he never hurt people...but not when he wasn't in his good condition."
"What do you mean by that?"
"We can't expect him to be like what we usually know him, especially when he wasn't be like his own self."
"I...i don't get it."
"Eunji, i met Yoseop with his bad condition, i grown up with him and i ever known about his dark side, i don't want anything bad happen to him, he did so hard to dealing with his own condition, he felt so bad when he met with a stranger, he wasn't like his own self whenever he was out from this orphanage, i just want him to be like this, live happily with the kids."
"Maybe..a psychiatrist could give him a help.." i said, carefully
he is smiling "we did, but everything was getting worse when the doctor suggested him to be hospitalized."
"May i know...about the details?" But Junhyung oppa doesn't give me an answer, it took several times until Eomoni comes to gives Junhyung oppa his lunch.
"Here, Junhyung ah..eat well okay, and oh I think .. i should go to the livingroom and see how Ddan ddan decorated it for Yeon Ho's birthday." Eomoni said, her eyes looked so wet and teary.
"Eomoni...are you okay?" I asked worriedly
"Yes, of course, so eunji..see you in the livingroom." She is smiling, but i know she is hiding something. She was so cheerful and bright, but when we talked about Yoseop oppa,  she is ... crying.
So that i am looking to Junhyung oppa who started to eat. I am not sure to asked, but i really want to know more about it. 
"Um...i am sorry, but if i shouldn't know about it..i think.."
"He ever forced to be Hospitalized right after he dignosed with Schizophrenia, right after..he lost his friends."
"What...happened?" I asked
But he is looking at me and seems to think so hard about it.
"I'll tell you, because..Yoseop seems so happy whenever he was with you. When you know everything about him, will you ..."
He can't finish his words, but i know what will he asked to me. 
"I ever asked the same question, and i will answer it with the same thing...I will not leave him, i promise."

 

Seoul Police Department Station

Yoon Dujun POV
I can't make myself focus on my works, i tried to do it like what i usually did, but it isn't that easy. I tried to forget what exactly happened yesterday.

==========
Flashback
 

"Can you do me a favor?" Han Yoo Ra asked me
"Yes, of course, what is it?"
"Tell me...Who is Yang Yoseop?"
"How..do you know about him?" I asked, i don't know how to react, but i don't want her and her kids involved in that case anymore.
"To be honest, i..i really want to ask you since my husband funeral day, but..i can't." She said, and then she leaves me again. I don't know what did she know about Yoseop, if i asked to choose, i don't want her to know about him.
"Dujun-ah." It's Gikwang, he was back from his babysitting time.
"You did well." I said
"Where is Han Yoo Ra-ssi?" He asked
"I don't know.." 
But suddenly Han Yoo Ra is back with a recorder in her hand.
"Please..take a seat, Dujun-ssi, Gikwang-ssi." She said 
My eyes focused to the recorder, what is that? 
"I..i know everything about the incident, from this recorder..my husband, he told me everything here." She showed us the recorder.
"And with this recorder, i really want to know about Yang Yoseop, who is he? Why..why could he did that?" 
Her eyes looked so teary and ready to crying i guess, i really can't stand with it.
"Han Yoo Ra-ssi, would you like to..give it to us?" Gikwang asked politely
And she just given it away to Gikwang. His eyes looking so concerned, and i know he has the same thoughts with me.
"Please..tell me about Yang Yoseop, right after you listened to this recorder. Bring that recorder with you, and give it back to me right after you finished."

Flashback ended
==========

 

I really want to know about it, i want to know everything about that incident, i might be missed a part

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter