Lies

The Soloist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lie by yang Da Il

.

Lie

Like a habit

You used to flicker before me

But now I can’t anymore

Your words that were only lies

All the sides of you that you didn’t know about

I don’t want it anymore....

......

Here we are, in our senior writer office which seems so messier than yesterday. I never seen those several stacks of paper on her desk. Okay, today will be our..

'Death day, eunji'  it was namjoo, she is whispering to me

'What?' I ask her while my eyes still locked on our senior writer, who seems so busy to find something at her desk. I am afraid that we will be caught and scolded until the day ended.

'Welcome to the hell, eunji ya' 

'What do you mean?' 

'We can't join the dinner! remember! Your In guk oppa!'

ah, that dinner after work ended. We supposed to join the dinner at this evening, but wait, i should make a clarification here, it was namjoo who forced me that supposed to go there, but with this situation i am not sure about it. I know, but it is not that bad, all that i know is we will have a long day. 

'What should we do, eunji-yaa....i really..'

"What do you whispering for? Kim writer? Did i ask you to come for talk about gossips or anything?" Oh my, we have been caught!

"I...i am sorry, Park Senior writer."

"You are a writer, put your private life aside when you faced your tasks! It was same for you too, Jung writer!"

"I am understand." We said in unity

"Okay, forget it! I want you write several articles today. And find all of the information by yourself. I will give you several numbers to call and places to visited for your articles. It's okay if you find it out together or do it separated, it is up to you, but i want you to finish all of the articles before the 5 p.m. we should released it online at the morning, beside i should check it out first. Are you understand?"

"Yes." 

"Okay, you should come to police department office, i heard that there will be a demonstrations by thousands of women there, they demand that police should fairly investigate digital crimes involving hidden cameras. Find out about it throughoutly!"

We were nodding and write it on our phone automatically.

"After that, find out about Park Geun hye additional term prison, at Seoul central district court."

"Third articles, go to Seoul city hall, there are an event which held by British Embassy."

"And the last one, this is hard but i know you can do it, beside i am sure that namjoo have so much relations there."

"Eh?" Namjoo look so confused

"I heard that k-drama female staffs get $100 a month for their 20 hours working days. I want you find out the truth, can you do that? Since i believe in you."

"Yes, Park Chorong writer."

I really like this side of her, she know how to support us. She tells us how to proud of ourselves. Several senior writers only know how to disrespect others and tell their junior to do what they want to do, scolded them for every single mistakes, and never proud of their progress. I am glad that i met her. Okay, i will do my best.

"I will send the numbers phone and address by email, okay! You can go"

We are bowing and preparing ourselves to go. 

"Ah wait, namjoo, eunji !" we were stopped when we opened her office door.

"I ever told you to write the truth! Did the same, always do the same, okay. The most qualified articles is the one which tell public about truth not lies."

"Of course, eonnie!" Namjoo said brightly

"Be careful, okay!"

"Okay!" I said when i waved my hand to her. I told you right? Park Chorong is the best! I will do my best for her too. Okay jung eunji today will be a long day, be ready! but honestly i am enjoying this. 

.......

Meanwhile in Busan

.......

Yoon Ddan Ddan side, 

Here we are, arrived in Busan. I look at my watch, and it is already at 11.33 a.m We go down from the train and walk to the exit gate. But suddenly, my jacket is grabbed from my behind so strongly. I was shocked at first, but be relaxed as soon as i know who is there that grab my jacket. It was him, Yang Yoseop. And his head is bent down. What happened?

"What happened?"

"Po...police.."

I am looking around, and there are..at the exit gate, several police officer are there talking about something that i don't really have an interest of it. But the most important is how could i be this fool? I am forget that Yoseop was here with me, and i am not give any protection for him? What should i gonna do? There are no way to get out from this station beside that gate. I look at him who stand behind me and i swear that he look so pale, he is so afraid of police officer. 

I ever told by the principal about this. About Yoseop's fear towards police officer. It was about his past, and i feel bad to him. I don't know what to do, i know that it was wrong, he ever did a mistake, but based on several things, i have no choice beside to protect him as much as i could.

"It's okay Yoseop..you will be okay" i embrace him by put my left arm around his shoulder, while my right arm bring my guitar. We are walking to the exit gate. 

'We will be okay, as long we don't make them give their attention to us..'

We still walking and passed them as usual. Finally reach the exit gate without any problem. 

"We will back home, Yoseop, calm down..it's okay, everything will be.."

'Okay' it should be like that, we supposed to keep walking until we ride a bus to our orphanage and everything supposed to be okay. But it never happened until one of a police officer follows us and stand in front of us eventually. 

"Good afternoon" the police officer look at me and my guitar, after that he looks at yoseop hyung closely. 

"Good...afternoon, officer" i said awkwardly, 'please let us go' i keep praying in my mind

"Your friend..."

"Yes?"

"Is he your brother?"

"You ... could say it like that"

"What does it mean?" Crap! I should not tell him nonsense and make him asking me back.

"We..are not a sibling, but he is my roomate in seoul, he is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter