I Still..

The Soloist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Soloist Chapter 30
I Still by Sung Si Kyung and Soyou

 

 


I’ll think of you once in a while
And forget you slowly
But my time has stopped

 

 

A drizzle has been falling again.  It falls around the cloudy morning at Seoul. But people seems to be friendly enough with the weather.  It rainy season, and sometimes it brings people in their own mood.  

Under their umbrellas,  people are following their usual steps between the rain drops, Some of them are walking so fast in hurry, they might be looked so happy, so sad, so angry or too worried about something, and some of them are choosing a melancholic way to spend the time with the rain, like her.. 

 

Please let this day pass quickly
She thought

 


Everyday almost be same for her,  Day by day passed like a usual routine for her.  She hasn't been so sure, but she needs something to distract, desperately.. 

It wasn't like she hate how the life is going around her,  she spent it enjoyably, with a special notes since she have all of her friends around her. 
But still... Something is wrong for her

She felt so empty, 
No matter how she make herself busy
No matter how she bursts into laughter  
No matter what.. 
It still feels so hurt for her
As she spend minutes that feel like hours, it becomes more hurtful than she thought

 

People said that it will gonna hurt for a while
But, she doesn't agree with that

 

Like what usually she does everyday. Jung Eunji, walking without an umbrella today, Ignoring how people looking at her with their own thoughts. She is  looking up the sky,  waiting for a moment to calming herself.  let the rain drops falling to her and helps her to remind herself about how great tomorrow will be or... pitying herself to be exact. 
Then. Like a usual.. She is closing her eyes, asking for something which impossible to be granted, but she willingly to give everything it needs, even her life.. 
Wishing her to see him for at least once today

She hates herself
It has been two years but it still lingering on her mind
How she given up on him and let him go forever
She couldn't do anything,  just crying over him
She doesn't have a chance to apologize 
She doesn't have a chance to even see him for the last time
 


With an empty heart
I was calling out to you all night

 

"i did it again huh? So pathetic." She murmured
"Eunji!  Hey! " 

Someone is calling back there. So in a blink of eyes. She is changing her looks and mood.  

"Bomi! " She is turning her back,  smiling and waving her hands cheerfully,.
"Yah,  I've told you,  wait for me! " Bomi pouts 
"i thought that you prefer to choose your lovely car rather than me." 
"How dare i am.. You are my lovely mate.. " Bomi said while she pinched Eunji's cheeks
"okay okaay.. i got that. Let's go,  Chorong eonnie will kick my if i arrived late. Lucky you. You don't have a manager like her, Bomi. " 
"I was facing someone who could be worst than her..almost everyday"
" Eh? Who? "
"who else? Dujun oppa! I am grateful that we lived separated. Do you know how crazy he was when he called me often? warned me about this and that..?" 
"Hahaha. Such an annoying couple."
"I know right?! "
"But.. I love them. "
"Indeed, me too" 

 

As if I forgot or I didn’t
As if I became a little more indifferent
Whether it was childish or short or not

 


As the girls passed,  someone was watching them from a far.
"hot Americano is coming,  Dujun ah.. Open the door for me! " Gikwang said with two cups of coffee in his hands. 
"Couldn't you do it by yourself?" Dujun said with a smile, but his eyes are still looking at them, 
"Yah. How? "
"Aish!  Okay! You could do anything with your fingers when you faced the computer,  even i think you will manage to do it with your feet."Dujun said while opening the door. 
"Hey. It's different,  here your americano. I bought this with so much effort. Thank me later. "
Dujun couldn't hold his smile. His Friend is a little bit over confident, 
"thanks Gikwang ah.. " 
"Oh Tteokbokki will be great,  or shrimp maybe? It's enough. "
"What?"
"give and take Dujun ah..this is not free you know.  " 
"yah! Look at this man? "
"Hahaha, okay okay,  treat me later,  but what is it?  Seems like you were into something before. Did you find something out there ?" Gikwang said while his eyes were looking to the outside
"It just Bomi.. and Eunji. They just passed that street, riding a bus to their office, probably."
"Ah,  so.. Is she okay? "
"As same as before. It's so frustrating to see her like that every day . "
"Can't we.. do something for her?  More than comforting her. More than spending our weekend with her,  more than pretending to be okay in front of her."Gikwang said
"I .." Dujun is sighing "I am afraid that we don't have anything left for her Later. "
"Should we bring her back to the orphanage?"
"I am not sure, it will be too hurtful for her,   But,  i believe someone will help her with that,  A holiday will be great right? "
"What?  Have you planned? And decided to never told anything to me? What will you do? "
"it is on Chorong's idea. Let's see,  i wish it will make Eunji feels better,  at least this winter. I think,  seeing her family will give her a special healing."
"Waah,  I don't know how many times I'm adoring both of you, Perfect Couple. "
That morning,  Dujun could feel how warm Gikwang's hand on his shoulder more than hot americano on his hand. 

 


I’m more numb than yesterday
As I try to erase

 


"Jung writer! "
"Yes, Park writer-nim"
"What about the last article which i told you to get revised?"
"I've did several editing, including the whole contents and more better picture,  So,   rather than my opinion,  i think it will be nice to write it from netizen's point of view... Here.. " Eunji said and showed Chorong a tab. 
"It's good, everything are in a good points,  nothing more or less, but please make the prologue shorter,  after that you can send it to me, "
"alright,"
"Where is Namjoo? She hasn't come back yet? "
"She supposed to be here, but She said that she found something about 'sajaegi' things. So she is going to several places" 
"It will be nice if she found another clue and facts,   that issue is a kinda...ah forget it. Anyway. Eunji," 
"Yes Eonnie? "
"I need you to make a report about winter in Haeundae. "
"Haeundae? "
"I think i said it clear enough. "
"But.. "
"I heard that Haeundae has a unique tradition in winter. As long as i could remember... hmmm.. is that swimming in the winter?  I want you to write about it, i will give you a week from today,  and tell me everything, every single details of it.  "
"Eonnie...i.. "
"Don't give me any excuses, do it now and come back soon. Okay? " Chorong said with a warm smile "Ah,  don't forget about the revision, send it to me first! " She said before she leave Eunji behind
"Thank you.. Eonnie. " 

 

 

If I meet someone
Wouldn’t I feel comforted?

 


She just left her room, all things have planned so well on her mind. She got everything she needs for her report this weekend.  A moment when people gathering for a festival is always give a good feeling for her,  great healing and comfort, besides.. It will be held at her hometown, nothing is too good beside that luck.  

She planned to go home first,  prepare her belongings of course. This trip will take four days  if she took the train tonight,  The festival will be held in two days, and she planned to have a simple holiday with her family after that.  She couldn't hold her smile when she thoughts about how much presents to be given for her family in Busan.  

"Eunji! " 
Someone makes Eunji's pace stopped. She is looking to him,  the one who called her from the cafe.  He is waving his hand to her and smiling warmly. 
"Seo In Guk Officer" she murmured and walking towards him. 
"Hello Ji, I saw you with a smile on your face before,  seems like you had a good thing lately,  want to share it some?"
"Ah nothing I was too happy because i will visit my family. "
"Haeundae isn't it?  What for?  An article?"
"Yes,  there will be a festival. And Chorong Eonnie wants me to make a report about that. "
"How nice it will be. I always want to do it. working and holiday at the same time. "
"I think you always do it if it could, oh no offense, don't misunderstand about that. just saying..since you were the head of PR departement..right? " Eunji said carefully. But In Guk doesn't say anything after that. 
"I am sorry...about my words..is that too much?  It really unintentionally said. I swear,  i didn't mean it in bad ways" Eunji panicked 
"Hahahaha. Look at you miss,  how innocent you are, how can i get mad at you? But, seems like i need to make it so plain on this matter,  you should know a thing,  Even though I was a department's leader at this moment like you said,  i am still an ordinary man,  i couldn't decide or take everything like what i want, "  In guk said and smile "Oh do you want me to make sure that you will be arrived safely or accompanied well? "He added
"Ah,  thank you so much,  i planned to take a night train tonight. "
"I see. Anyway. Did you still disturbed by them? "
"them?"
"You know... Moon chae young and others."
"Ah don't worry about that,  even If they are in the way,  i could hold myself calm, "
"As expected from our Eunji. It's  a good thing to hear that,  it seems that they listened well."
"You are the one who give the order, so it could be happened.. "
"hahaha,  Oh anyway,  do you want a cup of coffee?  Latte?  Or hot chocolate Before you take your vacation miss? "
"Thank you, But I'm afraid that I should  to go home now.. "
"is that so? Maybe next time then. So be careful!"
"thank you. I'm going. "

 

 

Then I fell asleep
With this break up that isn’t typical
Whether it was childish or short or not

 


Haeundae Polar Bear Festival

"What a nice sunday! " Eunji said while stretched her body up and looking to the scenery in front of her.  
This is Haeundae Beach chich placed near to south

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter