Because I'm a Girl

The Soloist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Soloist chapter 8

Because i am a girl by Davichi version

 

I just can't understand the hearts of men

They tell you they want you and then leave you

This is the first time, you're special

I believed those words and I was so happy

..

 

 

Eunji Point of View

Seoul City Hall

 

Finally, i got arrived here! I am so afraid that i will be late to come, since it almost at 2 pm. The event shouldn't be that fast to be ended, but .. i am not sure too. Okay, just be more quickly Jung Eunji!

This place is more beautiful than the last time i came, yah after the renovation a years ago, i feel more comfortable and to be honest, i love the newest design! So .. fancy!

I am still wandering around after i turn to the left, the event should be inside, so i try to find the right place, where the event that held by british embassy today. You know, find the right event among these events is kinda hard. First, today is too crowded, even though that i still can walk comfortably but i am not that sure i can find the right event as easy as blinking my eyes, since i can see the music festival out there, fashion event, an exhibition, and several events that dedicated for kids. So, find the right event will.. take several minutes or.. maybe longer than that.

"Where is it?"

I was murmuring and still looking around. If i came as a regular visitor and i don't have a task to do, i will go to several place and take a look for a while, it is going to be nice for sure!

I am still walking around and eventually i stop in front of a bunch of kids who played an acoustic performance, they looked so happy when they performed, and i can't help to keep enjoying their performance. They are so cute, there are 5 kids who performed. 3 of them was playing a guitar, 1 of them sit in the middle and did his job as a vocalist and the last one play a percussion.

They did so well, their musicality is good enough, but..I can't divert my eyes from the vocalist. He might be at his 10 or 11 years old who performed so well. His eyes is almost round and make his figure look so cute, his voice is cuter than i thought, and it be more soothing when i heard his high note. His expression, his gesture, and his red checkered clothes...

'Oh my! How could i being this attracted to a kid?' 

I did, laughed to myself since i was too enchanted, not to mention that..i think the kid was remind me to someone.. 

My new friend, that weird person who successfully made me think about him again and again..

But, i like it!

I make my head bent down, try to hide the foolish side of me, and keep myself safe from ia syndrome or..craziest side of me who keep imagining the figure in my mind..that red checkered man who sings very well..

Then i look away to other side, exactly to the right side of me. Trying to divert my mind. Since I can't keep thinking about him though. 

But, my eyes locked again, not to the vocalist nor to the performance, but to the audience. I saw him, the man who wear red checkered shirt among the audience.

Although that i can't see his face clearly, and my mind keep told me that it might not be him. But my heart never listen up! it can't be helped. 

When he strided, try to leave the performance. I make myself clear to follow him. I don't know why, my mind keep tell me don't but i still follow him instead, although it means that i should cut in line of the crowds, and ready to hear some yells which given to me. 

'What are you doing Eunji?'

I remember that i've left the music festival spot just now and entering another event. I could see a beautiful banner which written "LOVE IS RIGHT" and i could see the England Flag at the corner, with several staffs who might be came from England too. Oh, this is the event! Event that held by British Embassy which i looking for. Um..which i forgotted for a while to be exact.

And then i realize that i can't find him anymore. Even though that i am sure that he come to this way. Ah, okay...i need to do my job. And, to whoever that wear checkered shirt..Thank you to guide me.

 

End of Jung Eunji Point of View

 

...

I heard that if you give up things too easily

To a man, he will get bored with you

I don't think this is wrong

A girl says that she will never be fooled again

But she will fall in love again

...

 

15.04 

Eunji back to the office, she walk to her desk as fast as she could. The articles should be done at 4 pm. So no excuse for her to be late. She slightly running and almost bumped with another staffs as well. 

Her friend, namjoo was already there when she arrived to her desk. 

"Namjoo ya."

"Oh, you take more time than i thought, you weren't have a date, right?" 

"Aish, what do you talking about."

"Haha, okay..i will write about the female k-drama staff first, and i think you should write about the British Embassy event. After that we will write the rest. How was it?"

"We don't have so much time for arguing, so let's do it!"

...

4.15 pm

Jung Eunji Point of View

 

"Eunji ya..here"  Namjoo give me a latte after our hard time. 

"Thank you."

"To be honest, my fingers are still trembling, i was afraid that we can't make it on time, but luckily we did it!"

"We, still sent it at 04.03 Namjoo ya.."

"It's okay, it's okay..Chorong Eonnie will be understand, hehe."

"Sometimes i feel so envy to this confidence level of you, Namjoo ya."

"And why don't you increase your confidence level too?"

"I am not like that..i have so much worries."

"You are not a pessimistic person, you are good enough, just be relax and take it easy." 

"Thank you.."

"Oh, anyway what that took you so long Eunji ya? I arrived faster than you."

"Um..i was lost there, it's hard to find the right event." 

"It was so, .."

"What?" 

"Just yah..so unpredictable."

I know that she has several thoughts in her mind, but she refuses to spit that out. Hehe, thank you so much !

"How about you? Do you have a good time?" I am trying to change the topic.

"Of course, Naeun help me a lot, and she wants to meet you."

"Really? Ah, i want to meet her too! She can give me some advices, like how to be an actress, how to be a model or how to be a singer."

"You should make yourself reborn as an idol trainee."

"Haha, yes i guess so.."

"Oh, by the way..You owed me something, Eunji!"

"What?" 

"Aah ! How could you forget about that?"

"What is it?! Just tell me."

"The dinner, Eunji yaa! The dinner..!"

Oh, i almost forget about that. The dinner after work with the staffs and ... Seo In Guk officer.

"I...i don't know Namjoo ya..it just.."

"You already owed me!"

"It wasn't like an owe after all."

"You promise me!"

"Aah, okay okay...we will go! If only Chorong Eonnie let us to go."

"Of course she will."

Namjoo, she is so positive about all of things and i like that. She could make me feel more comfortable in a second. Good job Namjoo ya..

"Kim writer! Jung writer!" I heard someone called us. It is Chorong Eonnie who walked towards us. And we stand up from our chair immediately. Wish the best thing to be heard from her.

"I found several mistakes on your articles, i know that give more explanations before the main idea is good, but give it too much than usual will decreasing the information's value that supposed to be exposed. But good job, you two..overall i still like your articles. Your progress are good compared to your last articles. Thank you to keep the real perspective in line. Your articles will be released tomorrow. And for your hard work, should we go somewhere? It's on me today." 

"Ah eonnie! Thank you so much, but we will join the dinner with other staffs after this. They asked me to join and luckily, Eunji will be joined too. I wish that you will go with us.."

"A dinner? Seo In Guk officer and his friends? Are you sure?" 

I don't know why, but Chorong Eonnie looked so worried with that.

"Yes! Would you like to come with us too?"

"I don't know.."

"Oh Eonnie, come on!" Namjoo keep asked her.

"We will know it later, i will come if i have  nothing to do here."

"Eonnie.." namjoo put a frown on her face.

"So, just be careful! And enjoy the dinner!"

That was how Chorong Eonnie left us. 

"I wish that Chorong Eonnie, will be with us, and join the dinner."

"You can't forced her though." I murmured

"Okay, May be next time, so..shall we go now?" And she is smiling widely. Namjoo looked so excited about this. And i can't ruin her mood. Beside, she already worked so hard today.

"Okay...where is it?"

 

...

17.35 pm

Here we are, at the super expensive restaurant

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter