Star

The Soloist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We used to be together, which star are you on now?

 

The Soloist chapter 20
Star by GB9


We used to be together, which star are you on now?
If you burn me in the scattering sky
Where can I see you?
Are you searching for me too?


 2 days later ..
Jeong Eunji POV


It has been two days since i left the orphanage. I couldn't tell you how sad i was, when i should leave without a proper goodbye, when i should leave without a single time to meet with the kids, when i should leave in early morning without a chance to apologize.

I couldn't stop crying whenever i remember how i spent my time there. And when it was over at once, it make me broken into piece. It being worst when i saw several news and articles yesterday..

"Sae bit Kids Orphanage illegally hid a schizophrenic" "The principal of Sae Bit Kids Orphanage has been arrested." "Yang Yoseop, A schizophrenic who attacks journalist and the orphan kids goes missing"

Everything goes wrong, and it was because of me, because of my article. I couldn't believe that he just attacked them, i know how Yoseop oppa always get concerned about the kids, he will never dare to hurt them, but...how could it be happened?

"A schizophrenic is really dangerous!" "Heol! He should be punished!" "How could the principal hid a person like that with the kids?!" "Who is that? Yang Yoseop? I will remember his name forever, if i find him, i will kill him immediately!"


Again, i am crying again whenever i read how people hates him. I couldn't stay beside him. I broke my promise to him. 

"I will not leave you" it is just a word now

I can't show this side to my family, i don't want them to be worried about me. Yes, i haven't back to Seoul yet, when i arrived, i decided to stay for a week or more, meanwhile Seo In Guk oppa should be back soon right after he sent me home. I felt so bad to him, because i couldn't treat him better than i supposed to do. Okay, when i get back, i will make sure to apologize.

Tukk tukk tukk

"Eunji?" Ah, it is my mother, she called me from the outside
"Yes eomma?" I take a deep breath and looking into the mirror before i meet her, obviously to make sure that i will not looked like a zombie or else because of my swollen eyes.
"Would you like to help me dear?"
"Of course." I opened the door and give my best smile to her. "What will we do?" I asked 
My mother is smiling and it gives an ease to me. "We will make sujebi." 

Oh, i could tell you that sujebi is a korean traditional soup with homemade dough and flat noodle in it. 
If i could recall, i think It has been a long time, since i spent the time with my mother. It felt so good and great, we have so much time to laugh and share. As expected, home is the best place for me. 

"Eunji?"
"Yes?"
"Do you have something to say?" 
She knows, of course she is my mother after all, she will realize and easily wise up  for everything i've done. 
"Eomma, i just..." i take a deep breath "just made a wrong decision..i think." 
"My girl, It’s hard to believe, I know, but I was your age once. And of course, we couldn't be perfect everytime. So, it could be happened sometimes. Mistakes or mIssunderstand could be happened, while we have few regrets, there are some things you should know about life. We’ve lived both the hard life and the good life."

I didn't say anything

"When we have few regrets, we couldn't take it back, it has be happened, so all things that we could do is make it better. You are my princess, my lovely daughter, you are stronger than what you usually thought about yourself, so.. don't worry, You are going to lose sometimes but you will only fail if you don't stand back up and try again."
"Eomma"
"I know my daughter will do well, even when you were a little, you could survive by yourself and comeback to us. Life is obviously has been destined since you was born, but..you can make so much changes in it."
"Comeback?" I asked, and She looked so shocked by her own words so she is bitting her bottom lips
"Eomma?" I asked her again, but she doesn't say anything. She turns off the stove and walk to her room.
"Eomma! What's wrong?" I followed her  but before i reach her door, she is back with a small box in her right hand. 
"Eunji...will you get dissapointed? To me?" 
"Eomma, what are you talking about? I don't get it." 
Then, she grabs my hand and bring us to our livingroom. 
"Eomma.."
"Eunji, i am sorry to hid everything from you, i did it because i don't want you to get hurt."
"What do you mean?" 
She takes a deep breath before she is looking at me right to my eyes. 
"Eunji, may i tell you, what really happened to you, 20 years ago?" 
"What happened to me when i was 8 ?"
"You..you got kidnapped at that time.."
"What? How could i don't remember anything?"
"You ever been kidnapped and you were missing for almost five months, dear. We were looking for you, we have done everything that we could, but..we couldn't find you until.."
"Someone called the police if you involved in an accident." 
"What? An accident?" 
"We heard it was a car crash, we rushed to the hospital, and yes..i couldn't describe how grateful i was when we finally found you." 
"But, it wasn't an end, i couldn't stand to see you at the hospital after that, you were comma and so weak for a month later." She said and tears were falling through her cheeks
"Eomma."
"When you awaken.." 
"You couldn't remember anything..." she is crying out loud, so i hug her.
"When you tried to remember, you said your head is hurt, so we never tried to ask you anymore."
"I never told you about this, but..i don't know why i feel that i should ask you to remember now.."
She showed me that box
"Eunji, the doctor gave this to us, it found in your pocket when you arrived at the hospital, they said this is might be yours, so i will give this back to you. I don't know, but..i think.. this thing could help you. I am sorry Eunji, i am so .."
"Eomma..i know that you did it for my goodness, don't feel bad about it, you are my mother, i love you." 

Then, she left me immediately, meanwhile i decided to take this box to my room. 
I am not really sure, but it makes me curious, first i didn't know if i have struggled when i was 8, i didn't remember that i've kidnapped, everything was too sudden, but ... why do i feel so calm? I mean, yes i get shocked, but you know what? Everything goes well. Meanwhile i supposed to be shocked, angry, or sad.

So, i open the box and i found a necklace there, just a simple necklace and a round pendant in it, why does it looked like a ball? 

"Why does it looked like a ball?" 

What is that? It was like deja vu, like i've asked the same thing before

I tried..but i don't remember anything, i don't know how i got it, since when? Or who has given it, i really want to know, but i couldn't recall any.

So i am laying down on my bed and closing my eyes to think, while i made the necklace whirled with my finger, who knows? It might be work. 

"Yah! You will broke it!" 

What is that?! I open my eyes eventually, since i just remembered that someone ever told me about that, somewhere..even though i am not certainly sure about it, but..it make me so curious.

Then, I am looking to the pendant intensely, and just noticed that it has a part which could be opened. You could tell that I couldn't wait any longer to open and try to know more abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter