Love is Like a Wind

The Soloist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Soloist Chapter 9

Love is like a wind by Jeong Eunji

.

.

You blow through a crack in the window

Then I close my eyes, and hear memories calling me

I’m still here, 

.

.

"Where are you?"

I keep murmured it to myself, i keep asking to meet him, i don't know why did i ask him to come. But i wish he will be here, beside me..in front of this tree, like when we met unexpectedly.

 

"Please come... to be here, by my side."

 

I am sobbing, i am crying, but i still hold in. I can't forget how my day was ended like that. I can't forget how my heart start to feel this hurt. I can fight back, since their thoughts about me weren't true. But, why did i feel .... regret?

.

.

That love is like a white season

It hurts me like the light from the sun set

.

.

Maybe ..

am i too afraid about my future? Since i losing my only job?

I could fight them back, i should be happy! They will never talk about that anymore..

But why did i feel like this way? 

i shouldn't did that? should i to keep my mouth quiet anytime?

 

 

No, i did well, i did the right thing to do. They shouldn't said something like that to hurt people. Said that someone is a or is...too overboard, i can't accept that.

It's okay, i could find another job. I will be okay,

I will..

i should be strong, i know that i shouldn't being this weak.

I raise my head and look straight up to the tree. My eyes still in teary so i shouldn't come home with this condition, Bomi will be crazy when she saw this..

.

.

Love is like the wind. It passed me

the memories remained and kept me alive

.

.

I close my eyes and i feel this bellows of wind around me, i remember how i like to be here, especially when i met him, 

Here..so awkward At the first time..

And..

Still lingering in my mind, how cute his gesture, how happy i was when we were being a friend, officially.

I am smiling, he make me feel better. Even if he wasn't here though. I rub my eyes, take a deep breath and make myself calm.

Then, i am laying on the bench, looking to  the sky. Trying to recharging myself.

"As expected, I can't see anything beside the dark sky, there are too much light in Seoul. As long as i remember, i could see so much star in Busan.."

Busan, i miss my hometown so much! Should i give myself a reward by take several days for holiday? When was the last time i visited Busan? A month ago? 

'I ask you..to write something that never being published, something that make people see from another side, something that forced people to open another perspectives..'

Suddenly, i remember about chorong Eonnie. She gives so much advices to me, and she encouraged me whenever and wherever i need her. She is the best mentor that i ever had.

'Find it Eunji, and give it to me right after you find it. I will do anything to give your right as a writer..can you did that?'

I raise my hand up, like trying to grab anything at the sky. 

"I will do my best Eonnie! I will never give up! I will be a writer. The professional writer like you.."

.

.

Facing each other through the old diary

Fumbled around the memories and bring up the old dusty memories

It got me to the time back then

.

.

"I am home!"

"Eunji!!! What took you so long?! You are late! You didn't even answer my calls! You didn't even tell me that you will be late! Did you already eat for dinner?"

"Oh, wow, wow, calm down Bomi yaa!"

"Did something happen?"

"Bomi..."

"I know that something happened, because you act differently than the usually you did."

Should i tell her? Everything? That i was fired? I doubt, so i don't say anything to her, i am just looking at her with my apologetic eyes.

"Bomi ya..the truth is..."

"Do you want to make a ramyun? We will make a big portion for us tonight! Hahahaha i will make it, so take a bath soon, because you are so smelly!"

"Yaa! Yoon Bomi!" 

"Bhahahahaha..ppalli, or i will never give anything for you!"

"Aish, okay okay!"

I left her behind who walk to the kitchen, while i walk straight to the bathroom. She know me the best. She know that i can't tell her, so she is changing our topic. Bomi..i love you!

.

.

Namgu, Busan

21.03

Yang Yoseop point of view

 

"The kids, all of them were already sleeping right?" It's junhyung, asked to Gayoon who just entered this room. I don't know why he called us at this late hour. 

"Yes, all of them, i've checked it right."

"Okay, take a seat Gayoon-ah.." and then she sit beside me. 

"I don't like such formal discussion at this hour, because i know that someone will never like it." I know he refers to me, because he look at me for a while, Junhyungie..

"so let me say it to you briefly, tomorrow we will have a new staff to help us. He will help us to teach the kids."

Oh, as same as what did Hayoung say at the afternoon.

"He is Kang Seungyoon, he helped us several times, so it will not be that awkward for us to welcoming him. And.. you shouldn't hide from him, Yoseop."

I am nodding. 

"I think we should do something to welcoming him... Yoon Ddan ddan?"

"Yes hyung?"

"Would you like to sing several songs? all of you, Gayoon, Hayoung and include you, Yoseop. He knew about you, so you should take a role as a participant too, right?"

'Oh, yes' 

I could hear that. Yoon Ddan ddan seemed so happy with that.

I take a deep sigh, "but.."

"Just a song, and the kids will like it too." Junhyungie, why do you insist?

"Yoseob-ah..everything will be okay, without stranger, everything will be okay.." and now Gayoon asked me to do the same, this is a conspiracy..

"Oppa, i miss your voice too.." 

Dear Hayoungie, all of you make me faced the reality that i have no choice..

"It can't be helped." 

I could see they are smiling even if they were hiding it. Let's see, i will take my revenge soon.

"So, when is it, hyung?" 

"After the dinner, at 7.30 until 8.30 we couldn't make the kids have a late bed time after all."

"But! We still could do something after that, right? Do you give us your permission to do that?" Hayoung asked

"Like what?" Junhyungie asked her back

"Like singing and eating until the midnight?"

"Do, everything that you like.."

"Okay!" Ddan ddan said it excitedly

"Thank you principal! Hahaha" i could see that hayoung and gayoon did a high five. So, they are so happy about this.

"Okay, it's time to sleep, all of you really did so well today, take a rest."

.

.

Seoul

21.38

 

"Bomi yaa! How the ramyun could be this tasty?? what did you put in it? A drug?"

"Aish! Are you kidding? How could i put that? I will put a poison instead!"

"Will you even dare to kill me? I am your beloved anyway." I make a sad face 

"I already have a new one, since you was already broken."

"Am i like a broken household?"

"Hahahahaha."

We are back to eating our ramyun with a tv in front of us. Watching a drama as a part of our daily life.

"Don't be sad, eunji.."

I look at her, who still eat her ramyun while her eyes still watched the tv.

"You can do anything, you will be okay..i don't know what or who give you this burden, but...i will support and help you, as much as i could."

"Bomi ya.."

"Don't worry, you will be okay.. i always be here, be with you.."

I put my chopsticks and i hug her so tightly!

"Yaa! Don't be this tight! I could be chocked! I still want to have a good life tomorrow! Don't kill me!"

"I love you Bomi yaaa! I love you!! I love you so much" 

" hahaha, i know, i knew it.."

.

.

Love is like the wind. It passed me

the memories remained and kept me alive

.

.

"So, what will you do?" Bomi asked me while laying on her bed.

"I really want..go to Busan."

"When is it?"

"Tomorrow."

"What??! I haven't prepared anything, i can't let you go like that! You should bring something, i will go to .. a convenience store now!" She is standing up immediately, take her wallet and be ready to go.

"Hahaha, where will you going? It's okay, you shouldn't do that, i will buy something tomorrow, don't worry."

"Really, is it okay?"

"Um, really."

"So, who will pick you up?"

"Seungyoon."

"Ah, your friend?"

"You should call to ask him first, right?"

"Yup, you are right." I take my phone from my dashboard and find a number which belong to my silly friend, Seungyoon. 

It took a minutes or may be longer than that for Seungyoon pick my call.

'Is he busy? Or he isn't at home?'

"Ah, Eunji!"

"O, Seungyoon-ah."

"I am sorry, i was packing when you were calling me."

"It's okay, but .. packing?"

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter