Eight

Nothing More, Nothing Less
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As always when two girls went to go look for food, Irene would be lost in her thoughts thinking on years she could have changed Yongguk's mind to be hers. She was willing to do anything for him. She fell for him instantly the moment he came to the Lunar Village when he barely had his pack complete. Someone told him, he would six to be complete.

Back then she was different person.

- - -

Stares were on two unfamiliar wolves as they walked through the Lunar Village, they accepted any pack or lone wolf as long as they came in peace. They were new to everyone and one who was tall, a bit tanned looked over to a girl with nice pale skin with dark brown hair. He gave her a friendly smile as only another tall boy followed him. "Excuse me, can you tell me where I can find your leader?"

In that moment, Irene felt her air being out of her and felt her heart racing quickly like it never did before. She blinked at up as she could feel her cheeks burning. She felt a nudge by someone next to her making her come back to her scenes. "Oh...um.. it's the big tan house down the trail. You can't miss it."

He looked over spotting the trail before turning back to her. "Thanks."

At first she knew nothing about him or who he was. It would take a lot of courage to get to know him. He was never left alone since he always had his beta with him. She found out there were brothers after they lost their birth parents and then their adoptive parents along with their sisters.

But Irene knew they didn't believe it. They had hope they would see their youngest sister. Every other day, Irene would watch Yongguk from afar as he would laugh and smile amongst others in the village getting along with them. She observed him for a long time and when night time came around, she went go get some water from the river and she saw him looking up at the sky.

She was curious to know why was he up so late. Finally after observing him for her own reasons, she got the courage to go and talk to him. "Hi...Yongguk."

He turned his head toward the girl and smiled. "Hey Irene."

He knows my name!

Ok.. act cool.. calm yourself.

"What are you doing out this late?" He asked moving away from the bush and went towards her. He saw the bucket of water and smiled. "Thirsty?"

Irene looked at the bucket and laughed. "Oh yeah, Wendy and Seulgi like to have fresh water a night."

"But you're the alpha, get them to do it." Yongguk smirked and grabbed it from her. He saw her fingers turning whiter than her natural color.

"It's fine, I don't mind helping out my betas." Irene felt herself blushing as he was holding onto the handle. "I don't like them coming at night. I worry."

Yongguk chuckled. "You shouldn't be out here alone either. What if something happened to you? What then?"

Irene's heart skipped a beat and saw him for the first time all over again. He was deadly attractive, any girl would want to snatch him and calm him. She gulped trying to stop herself from doing something else. She only shrugged and laughed it off. "Then Wendy will be a good alpha in my place."

"Don't say that," He placed his hand on her shoulder giving her sparks all over her body. "No pack should be left without their original alpha. Those who are betas try to follow their leader's footsteps but they shouldn't. They should create their own. That's what I taught Himchan."

"Those are beautiful words." She didn't realize those words left making her freeze in her place and shut her eyes. "I mean... you're right."

Yongguk let out a deep chuckle making her heart flutter and open her eyes. "Let me walk you back home."

Irene agreed with a smile and followed him as they started walking. She never felt happy in her life. Well only once, when they told her she was alpha but she went to many sessions on how to be a proper leader. Once she stopped going because she was ready, she always did her best and figured it out. Sometimes it came naturally and other times it was a challenge.

It was silence but Irene wanted to get to know him more. She heard about his past and wanted to apologize for his loss. But it wasn't easy. She didn't know the feeling but she wouldn't know what she would do if her parents passed on and left her alone at a young age. Irene wanted to break the ice as they walked.

"You've been here a few months, do you have your eye on someone?" Irene wasn't sure why that topic came out but she couldn't help but want to know. She never saw him with other females only his beta and the new addition to his pack; Youngjae and talking amongst leaders about something important.

Yongguk smirked. "No."

"Why not?" Irene pushed the topic again. "There are plenty of beautiful girls here to pick from."

"It's not that." He stopped once her home was just a few feet away from where they were standing. He handed the bucket back to her and gave her a sad smile. "I'm not interested in anyone right now or probably ever. I lost the only person I really loved the same day I lost my family."

Irene laughed trying to cover herself. "I wasn't asking for me? You're crazy. I was just being curious."

Yongguk didn't believe it one second. He had seen her following him for months. He wasn't dumb. At first it he thought it was kind of cute but he didn't see her in the same way she saw him. He only had thoughts of Mira and finding Mikako was his priority. He didn't want to lose what's important to him.

Finding love and settling wasn't one of them.

He sighed putting his hands in his pockets. He remembers when Himchan and Youngjae told him that a girl had been spying on him for a while and it was creepy. He knew that he would have to put her down gently and somehow that became tonight.

"Irene, you're pretty, smart, and care for others. I know you've been following me. I've known for a while." He stared at her as she bit her bottom lip knowing she got caught. "I have my own priority right now and I can't lose focus on it. You'll fall in love just not with me. I'm sorry."

Irene was quiet as she stayed in her place and looked down. Tears were swelling up. "You haven't given me a chance to --"

"I don't have too." He stared her with a hard stare sending chills and not in a good way. "I already told you. I'm not going to fall in love with you or anyone....I...I can't." He looked away not wanting to keep making her feel bad and making him feel guilty as well. "Goodnight Irene."

Irene stayed in her place and fell to her knees as she watched his back figure get smaller and soon he went into the same house he was staying at. Tears went down her cheek as she shivered with the night breeze hitting her skin. She got rejected and within ten minutes. She couldn't believe it. Lots of boys had been wanting her but she didn't want them. When she finally took an interest, the boy didn't want her.

How unfortunate.

- - -

A person she did not recognize, even today.

Irene was innocent, naive, caring to others and independent when she learned she was alpha of her pack she would anything to protect them. But when she got rejected by Yongguk. She was heartbroken and couldn't bring herself to be healed again.

The rejected drove her into being a different person.

Stronger.

Mischief.

Maybe a bit darker on how she did things. That's what made it fun. At least to her, anyway.

She saw Wendy and Seulgi come back with wood and some meat for them. She smirked at them as they started the fire to cook the rabbits.

"What were you thinking about?" Wendy asked as she was skinning the rabbits fur off.

Irene scoffed at her. "The night he rejected me."

"Ouch." Seulgi laughed. She had blood all over her face and on her hands. Seulgi was the best to hunt and she was fast just like Irene. Irene saw potential in her and would want her to be the next alpha if anything happened to her. "Have you thought of a plan yet?"

"That's a good question." Wendy agreed looking over to the older girl. "I'm getting bored just sitting around doing nothing."

"Yeah, we need some action already." Seulgi put the meat on the stick to cook and watched it. "How long will we keep waiting?"

Irene sighed and stood up as she started to circle them. "I've thought of something."

The girls exchanged looks and waited. But before they asked, they saw a look in Irene's eyes that they hadn't seen before. It was a smirk that was filled with darkness growing inside her and it seemed as if she liked it way too much.

Seulgi didn't want to ruin Irene's mood by telling her calm herself. She had seen the change and didn't mind it. But when Irene looked like a whole different person, the young girl only followed and didn't ask questions.

Wendy was the same way. She saw the look in Irene's face and knew it was going to be good and epic, hopefully. "Are you going tell us?"

Irene stopped in her place and grabbed the stick from Seulgi and took a bite, chewing on the meat. "After we enjoy this meal."

- - -

It was during the day when Irene and her pack were walking around the woods. It was away from the Lunar Village and they could use a good exercise.

"Are we there yet?" The youngest whined as she was between Joy and Seulgi.

"Just because you are the youngest Yeri, doesn't mean you have to act like one." Wendy rolled her eyes with a sigh.

Irene hated when her pack started arguing with each other. "Enough you two."

"Who are they?" Seulgi stopped making Yeri bump into her and Joy as well.

Irene turned and saw four girls standing in a line with their hands inside their black cloaks. She stared at them as the girls came out from behind her and started to glare. "Your trespassing."

"Not really." The girl with long dark hair and big eyes spoke.

One with hazel eyes started walking around them, while another girl with astonishing visuals smirked while she walked on the other side and soon they were huddled together a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter