Five

Nothing More, Nothing Less
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She couldn't believe the sight she was seeing.

There were plenty of colors flying around in front of her and it went beyond the bushes and trees. She laughed taking a step towards the colors and held out her hand slowly as some flew around her.

There was red.

There was blue.

Green and yellow.

They were fireflies.

Shiah laughed purely for the first time seeing such colors around her. She held out her arms and slowly started to spin like a child seeing something magical. She looked over to Yongguk as he was standing watching her with a smile on his face. He had his hands stuffed in his pockets just standing there only watching her.

She blushed as she started to glow and soon she was small. She flew around the fireflies and that only made Yongguk worry but he couldn't spot her as she flew faster than the others. She went back to him floating in front of his face and she took in his features that made her blush. "Thank you! This is beautiful!"

"I'm glad you like it." He spoke in hush voice so it wouldn't scare off any fireflies around them.

She giggled and went to his shoulder taking him by surprise and went next to his ear. "I love it."

His heart did a flip at the sound of her sweet and precious voice going all around his body making him feel helpless at her words. He looked over to his shoulder and she flew off again, leaving her trail. "Don't go too far! Be careful!"

Shiah spun around and around with her arms open as she flew. It felt like she was at home again with all the other fairies up in the trees when they had parties and the fireflies would be their colorful lights as they flew around them. It was perfect.

Yongguk took a step towards the colorful lights as they flew around and more flew around Shiah as if they knew her. The circled around her creating some colorful barrier. He smiled looking up at her as he slowly enjoyed the view. He wanted to do something nice after what happened and it was nice to see her smiling.

He made that happen.

"It's like a city of light." He spoke looking at all the colors and saw the red fireflies fly over to him and soon the yellow ones came and started flying around him making a barrier just like they did to Shiah. It had never happened before.

Then again, he would be in his wolf form and he wouldn't attack them. He would only watch as he calmed his mind and soon he could fall asleep.

It was a different experience.

Shiah heard the words that slipped out of his mouth and stopped what she was doing. She couldn't believe she didn't think of it before. She looked over to Yongguk and he seemed to enjoy what was happening to him. He was smiling seeing the fireflies hug him. It was a cute sight to see. A werewolf enjoying fireflies and smiling about it.

She giggled and flew back towards him and the glow around her caught Yongguk's attention and before he could ask her anything. He was on the ground on his back and Shiah was straddling him as her hair flew over her shoulders making the tips of her hair brush his cheek giving him shivers down his body.

It was an unexplainable feeling but it created heat.

.

Shiah smiled looking at him with her round eyes and some of the fireflies came around them giving them light best they could. "You're a genius you know that?"

He wasn't sure what she was talking about since he had other things crossing his mind. He couldn't get over the fact that she was literally straddling him. He placed his hands on her hips holding them steady. She was taking his breath away as he felt his heart pumping faster and faster by the second.

How is this possible?

He felt his throat dry as she moved back and saw more of the fireflies fly around them. As he watched her from before and now, he couldn't explain it. He liked seeing her this way. It was pure happiness and it was amazing to see.

He his lips and pushed himself up but that didn't mean she got off him. She was still straddling him. When she felt him move, she quickly placed her hands on his shoulders and their faces were only a few inches apart.

Shiah felt heart racing by every pump it was giving and felt her cheeks burning. She was thankful that it was dark and he couldn't see them. She blinked her eyes at him as she noticed the almond shaped eyes, followed by the trail of his nose going doing to his plump lips that were dark yet light pink. She snapped herself out of it and averted her eyes back to his as they were looking back at her.

God..she is so beautiful.

He cupped on side of her face and slowly brushed his thumb on her cheek making her open her jaw slightly as her breath hitched up. He couldn't understand what he was doing but it had to be her doing.

But it wasn't.

She wasn't doing anything. She didn't have any magic power over him. She is only being herself. Her beautiful self that was making him feel things he hadn't in long time. An old thought came to his mind and it made him feel confused.

Yongguk didn't want to look away but he did and cleared his throat and Shiah came back to her senses as well and moved off him. She looked away avoiding his eye contact and cleared .

Now it's awkward.

She saw a few small fireflies go to her and she smiled feeling them land on her hands and then flew off with the others. She smiled looking at the beautiful colors. She stood up and went towards the bunch that was going towards her and she giggled like before.

"So how am I genius?" Yongguk finally decided to break the silence after what happened. He felt bad for causing awkwardness and getting confused wasn't something he asked for. He stood up dusting himself off and waited for Shiah to say something.

Shiah turned around smiling as she cupped her hands together and saw all the colors in her hands. "My old home is called 'City of Lux'."

City of Lux?

She watched the fireflies come and go from her palm. "It's where the Elves live."

Yongguk was now more confused than ever. "But you're a fairy."

She nodded. "Yes, but my parents lived there for a long time until they died and I wanted a fresh start. The only way to do that was have my protectors come with me. I lived in the village most of time. A happy one before... well you know."

He stayed quiet taking in the information. It was new to him and he wanted to know more but something else caught his attention. "You have more than one protector?"

Shiah laughed as she moved her hands up and released the fireflies and they flew like flower petals with the wind. "They are my family. I wouldn't know what I would do without them."

"How many?" He stuffed his hands in his pockets again.

"Five. All boys." She turned to look at him.

Five boys?

"But, Yanan is my main protector. We have know each other since I was young. He came on my eighth birthday along with the others but my parents wanted me to be protected at all times." She took a step and saw a purple firefly which was rare to see.

"You must be a pretty special fairy to have many protectors and your own." He felt like something was missing and she was hiding it. He wanted to ask for it but it was better when she told him herself. He hated adding pressure to anyone. It didn't feel right.

"Nothing wrong with having parents who want to protect their only daughter." She turned to him and held the purple firefly in her hands. "Not to mention, they are ascensions."

"Wait... your protectors are Ascensions?" Yongguk widen his eyes hearing that and didn't think it was possible. "Aren't they usually on tasks by their leader?"

Shiah nodded looking at the firefly. She wanted to take it home but she didn't want it to be alone. But she also didn't want to take it away from its home either. She released it and saw it fly away. "There is ten in total. I got five out of ten. The others, I've never met. It's always been the ones that came to me."

Yongguk saw the sadness in her eyes but he didn't feel it inside. He wasn't sure if she was fighting it or she wasn't sad about it. He sighed and looked around. The fireflies were still flying around the quiet night. "The City of Lux, will you find your kin there and your protectors?"

"It's possible." Shiah answered looking up. "I have to try."

He quickly looked at her and saw her glow but he grabbed her wrist which stopped her from going small again. "I'll take you to the City of Lux."

"You don't know where it is." She saw him looking worried but determined.

"Doesn't matter, I'll help you and its night time. I'll be worried if I left you go like this alone." He didn't want her go just yet. He had some things he wanted to figure out himself. There was a feeling he couldn't shake off and it had something to do with her. "In the morning, I'll talk to the others and then we will go."

Shiah stayed quiet in her spot. If there was one way to help her it was going to the City of Lux. She had to see for herself if the others of her kin was there and Yanan. That's what she cares about. When her parents died, she was young and she couldn't stay in the same place. It was hard and she needed to leave to start again and be her own self.

The village was her new home and she was very welcomed and enjoyed it very much. It was what she needed. She didn't want to keep thinking of what happened a few days ago since it only brought fear and sadness. She didn't want to feel like that anymore.

She gave a nod to Yongguk and he felt relaxed and calm with her.

It was strange since he never felt that way with anyone. He didn't let himself feel for anyone since Mira but he didn't want to get attached either. Yet, here he was standing in front of a beautiful girl, helping her and his feelings were becoming alive.

Shiah looked at his hand still holding onto her wrist. She cleared and tugged for her arm back.

Yongguk felt the pull and he released her. "Sorry. I had to stop you before I lost you."

Shiah widen her eyes at the words and felt her heart jumping fast with flips that made her blush all over again. But at the same time.. something wasn't right.

Yongguk widen his eyes at what he just said.

..why did I say that?

"We should head back." Shiah broke the awkwardness this time. Even though his words made her feel good inside, she couldn't help but feel like he wasn't sure of what he was doing. Not wanting to make any more confusion, she started to glow and soon she was small flying away.

"Shiah wait!" Yongguk called out to her but she was already out of sight with the only light golden trail following behind her. He closed his eyes and hissed at himself wishing he could stop being frustrated with himself.

Yes, he felt confused.

But he didn't know ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter