Ten

Nothing More, Nothing Less
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a separation Shiah from Yongguk the moment they arrived back to his home. It was the mahogany door that was dark brown with a hint of dark red making it look stand out from the dark brown walls. She stared at it as she clutched on her necklace that hung around her neck. She could feel the thin wires around her black egg shaped stone as it imprinted on her palm.

The more she looked at the door the farther it seemed to move away from her. She was standing only three steps away but in her mind, it seemed longer than ever.

Being anxious wasn't helping and the more she worried the more she felt helpless not doing anything for Yongguk.

- - -

The trip went by faster when they traveled back. It seemed simpler to arrive then going to the City of Lux.

The Ascensions weren't happy with Yooa on her decision on going back with the wolves. She kept repeating the same words that she would be fine and nothing would happen to her. Yongguk would see to that.

Hui wasn't talking much since he learned that two of his friends were gone. Jinho and Yanan were trying to convince Yooa to stay where it was safe but she didn't want to leave Yongguks' side right now. She wanted to spend more time with him, but she didn't tell them that. She wasn't sure what they were. She cared for Yongguk and her feelings grew in the process.

It was fast but she didn't seem to mind.

Despite everything that happened to her kin, her friends and her home. Yongguk had been there giving her comfort and happiness when she was sad. She couldn't be more grateful for it.

Binnie decided to come along with them as well. She was mostly with Daehyun and Junhong talking and laughing away.

Daehyun couldn't stop looking at her and smiling. He was too obvious when it came to her. It wasn't long for them as they were getting closer to their home. Two boys took off in their wolf form with Binnie gliding along with her light purple streak that she left behind.

Yongguk shook his head with a smile as he bent down and grabbed the younger boys bags and put them over his shoulder. Shiah offered to help but he only shook his head and grabbed her hand interlacing them together.

He didn't know what he was doing but he enjoyed it. He leaned over kissing the top of her head as they walked back slowly following the others ahead.

I wish she didn't have to go.

I want her to stay..

Yongguk felt his own heart racing again as it picked up speed knowing it was also her emotions. He chuckled as they continued in comfortable silence.

It wasn't until they got the house things changed.

After Yongguk greeted the others and his sister, he closed his eyes and held his head with his hand and before anyone knew it, he fell to his knees and passed out. Himchan and Jongup quickly took him upstairs and Mikako followed along as Yoonji was in the kitchen looking for something to help.

Shiah followed behind them but she stayed in her place as they took Yongguk into his room. She knew her place. If she wanted him to get better, she had to give others the space they need and she had to wait.

- - -

It had been a while before Shiah's trance was broken from the recent thoughts that filled her mind. The moment the door creaked open, Jongup was the first to come out. He smiled at Shiah and went down the hall going down the stairs.

She was going to call out to him but Himchan came out next and then Mikako. She closed the door quietly and looked over to the worried girl gripping her necklace tightly.

"Himchan, do you mind if I talk to her alone?" Mikako looked up at her brother and he smiled at her with agreeing. "Also tell Jongup I'll be down shortly."

He gave her a nod and placed his hand on Shiah's shoulder giving her an act of comfort that she needed for a few seconds. "He'll be fine."

Shiah let out a breath not realizing she had been holding it in. She released her hand from her necklace and saw the lines from the wire on her palm.

Note to self.. don't hold it too tight.

She was wishing everything would be fine with Yongguk since it gave her a scare and automatically became worried.

"Himchan's right." Mikako opened the door to Yongguk's room and quietly let her in. "He will be fine."

Shiah heard her words but her heart was tightening as she saw Yongguk under the sheets with a wet towel on his head and beats of sweat were tracing down his forehead and some were forming on his neck. "How did it happen? How did he get sick all of a sudden?"

Mikako walked over to the clear doors and opened them as it lead them to the balcony with the chairs, coffee table and the wooden rail making it secure and safe. Mikako closed the door the moment Shiah was outside. She slowly turned and saw the older girl close the door. "I was hoping you could tell me?"

Shiah widen her eyes and felt her heart skip a beat anxiously. "I didn't do anything.. I wouldn't harm him that way... I care about him."

Mikako smiled at her and grabbed both of Shiah's hands. "I believe you. I'm not trying to put you on a pedestal. I just want to know if there was anything different on the way back?"

Shiah shook her head. "Everything was fine until we got here."

Mikako nodded as she let out a sigh and released hands. She looked up at the night sky and saw the stars flicking brightly above them. Some were faded and others were brighter. She closed her eyes for a moment and open them as she looked back at the girl standing in front of her. "You know, ever since you've entered his life, I see a change in him."

Change?

Does it have to do with the old him?

Mikako gave a sad smile and hugged herself when she felt the light breeze. "He has only loved one person and that was my sister but they were young. I didn't think he was ever going to fall for someone after what happened but... I'm glad he did."

Shiah felt her heart racing and blinked her eyes again. "Did you see that?"

Mikako laughed shaking her head at her comment. "No I didn't get any visions of you both. Just when you were running and your protector told you to keep going."

Shiah nodded and brought in her lips and looked down at her shoes. "I never thought I would fall for a werewolf...it's a strange pair but it happened."

She looked up at girl with short black hair with pale skin. Mikako only smiled and gave her a shrug. "I didn't know that my mentor was actually dating my brother. She mentioned she was dating but never spoke of who."

Shiah was listening but she turned back to the room where Yongguk was. She heard the words Mikako was talking about but she only had Yongguk in her mind.

"It's funny how serendipity works sometimes." Mikako let out a sigh and knew she should stop talking and let the young girl go to her brothers side and be with him while he rested. "I'm glad he has you."

The girls went back inside the room, getting away from the cool night. Mikako gave her a hug for comfort and left the room with the sound of the door closing. She leaned against the door and smiled. Just when she headed to the stairs she saw the cute girl with short hair biting her bottom lip with a nervous smile. "Did Yooa come up here?"

Yooa?

She has another name?

Mikako nodded as she crossed her arms and walked up to her. "She is in my brothers rooms. I don't think she will leave his side until he is better."

Binnie gave her a timid smile. "I just wanted to check up on her. But if you say she is in the room, I shouldn't bother her."

The older girl looked over her shoulder seeing Jongup coming up with his hands in his pockets. He smiled at his love and saw the girl with short hair that was also a fairy. He cleared his throat gaining her attention and she moved out of his way. "Daehyun is kind of getting impatient since you came up here."

"You can't keep the dog waiting." Mikako joked to Binnie making her laugh and Jongup.

"I HEARD THAT WITCH!" Daehyun shouted downstairs. "OW!"

Mikako had a guess who hit him and didn't mind the name calling from him. It was just interesting how Daehyun was crushing on someone and she only hoped it could change him to be nicer and know the feeling of love.

"I should... um go." Binnie looked at Mikako shyly. "Thanks for letting us stay here."

"No problem." Jongup answered for his girlfriend and saw Binnie smile at him then turned to go back downstairs with Daehyun.

Mikako let out a sigh as Jongup went up to her and opened his arms to her. She went into his embrace and felt the warmth of his body around her. "I know things are going to be fine but I can't help but to feel anxious."

"Why?" Jongup squeezed her in his arms and she heard him chuckle. He kissed the top of her head and hummed. "Did you see something?"

Mikako moved again shaking her head. "No, but something doesn't feel right. I feel it."

Jongup sighed and cupped one side of her face. "We'll face it together ok? I'm right here."

Mikako went back towards his chest and rubbed her face into it. She took in his scent as she closed her eyes trying to relax. Despite the feeling she had the moment Yongguk fell ill, she felt bitterness inside her stomach. When she helped Himchan with Yongguk it went a away for a few minutes but it came back when she saw Shiah standing outside waiting for some news.

Her stomach did a twist making her feel nauseas. She ignored it when she was talking to the young girl and get her mind off it. But it could only do so much.

"Let's get some rest." Jongup suggested and led them to the room they were staying in. Mikako wouldn't go home until Yongguk was better. Plus they had been there for a few days a couple more wouldn't hurt. Even Nox was there in their room looking out the window but he would soon fall asleep.

Everything will be fine.

Right?

- - -

Her heart was aching.

Seeing Yongguk lay there, in his bed with the sheets over his cold body and the beads of sweat forming around his neck, upper lip and the side. He would furrow his eyebrows a few times and relax them.

Shiah couldn't possibly know what he was thinking of. She didn't want to invade his privacy. She already did it once, it wouldn't be fair to do it again.

It was wrong.

He wasn't mad or upset when she confessed but it pained her to know the truth about his first love.

Shiah had never been in love before.

She had only seen it in her parents.

The way they would stare off into space as if they knew they w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter