Six

Nothing More, Nothing Less
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was awkward all over again.

It was as if they had just fixed things the night before but now Shiah didn't bother looking at him or talking to him. Yongguk was frustrated and annoyed. When they had said goodbye to the others, Shiah was standing next to Mikako and Jongup smiling and laughing.

But as Yongguk studied her, her features looked tired and hurt. He could feel something swaying inside him but he couldn't pick a feeling to which one it was.

She was happy but then sad and hurt and then it was just gone. He didn't understand her. He was conflicted.

He tried to think of something but she flew off in her form leaving her trail. Junhong was the first to follow for a while. Daehyun stayed behind with Yongguk as they were carrying their bags.

"So...is there something going on with you and pixie dust?" Daehyun asked as he kicked the rocks under him. He was tired of the silence and knew something was going on since Shiah wasn't talking to him.

Yongguk didn't know how to reply. He wanted to tell him nothing but it wasn't true. He didn't know if something was going between them. Sure, he enjoyed her company. He liked seeing her smiling and being happy. Seeing her avoid him made him feel frustrating wanting to fix whatever mess he created.

He clenched his jaw as he saw her in front of him as she laughed with Junhong. Her hair swung side to side as it was in a ponytail. She wore high waist skinny jeans that hugged every figure of her body with a white blouse that was buttoned up and tucked in. But it was loose enough for her to move around.

She was definitely breath taking by her own visuals. Even when she wore her necklace with the black stone. It was the perfect finishing touch to her outfit.

Yongguk sighed after he felt a nudge from Daehyun as he was waiting his answer. Instead he stopped in his tracks and glared at the boy which quickly turned into a smirk. "Why don't you and Junhong go and check the area around?"

Daehyun groaned at his leader but he rolled his eyes dropping his bag and went to the tall boy pulling him away from the petite small girl. She smiled as she waved by to Junhong and took his bag to carry it.

"I'll take it." Yongguk offered as he had his and Daehyun's. "You shouldn't carry too much."

"How nice of you, but I can carry enough weight up to a hundred and fifty pounds." She put the straps on her and started walking.

"So much weight for a tiny girl?" He chuckled walking at her side.

Shiah rolled her eyes. This small talk that he was doing wouldn't fix to what she saw. "If you must know, my protectors made sure I was able to carry such amount in my pixie dust form."

Yongguk felt embarrassed knowing she overheard Daehyun's remark. "You'll have to excuse Daehyun. He has always been like that."

"Loud? Obnoxious? Annoying?" Shiah sighed as she stopped and saw the boys coming back panting. That's because they weren't in their wolf forms. "Yeah I got it."

Yongguk was going to say something but he saw the boys as well and stopped in place. "What is it?"

They boys exchanged looks that made Shiah feel uncomfortable.

"You need to see it." Daehyun said holding onto his side.

Yongguk turned to Shiah but she was already gone. "Damn it."

He and boys followed her. He didn't know what was going on with her but he knew he had to fix it. He didn't know what they were walking into but the moment he saw her glow back into her normal size she saw two boys who looked like humans dead and on the floor with blood all over.

She covered and fell to her knees.

Yongguk went to her side and held her. He furrowed his eyebrows as he watched s go to them and check. "Are they dead?"

Daehyun tilted his head before going down and checked ones pulse. "Good as dead."

"He's dead too." Junhong was by the other one. He looked around his body for anything and saw no marks but a gunshot wound. He then saw a symbol on his forearm that made him furrow his eyebrows.

"They're ascensions." Shiah whispered as the tears stopped for a moment. She felt Yongguk turn to look at her. She managed to pull herself up and slowly walk towards the one by Junhong. She saw the symbol and stumbled back losing her balance.

Yongguk caught her before falling as she was gasping for air. He was confused at her reply. He had never seen her like this. Frightened and alarmed on the verge of breaking. She was trembling and couldn't stop. He wrapped his arms around her and placed his chin on top of her head. She was shorter than him and it made their heights cute.

He looked over to the boys and moved his head to the side. "Let's keep moving."

He pulled Shiah away from the scene but she stayed rooted in her place and closed her eyes taking in the image in her mind. Yongguk didn't leave her side. He saw her slowly go to one and bend down.

"What is she doing?" Daehyun asked as he came back with Junhong when they realized they weren't following them.

I'm not sure.

Yongguk watched her as she put two fingers together and she placed them on the boys temple. The moment she closed her eyes. She flinched.

- - -

"LET HER GO!"

The boy with shaggy blonde hair was holding a girl with short blonde hair who looked familiar to Shiah made her wonder what was this? She saw the other ascensions around and it was some sort of dual over a girl?

"I WON'T SAY IT AGAIN!"

The same boy holding the girl smirked staring at the other ascension across from him as he held the gun to the girls temple. "You're disgusting for falling in love with a vampire!"

The girl was weak and couldn't break free from the boys hold. She looked over to the boy in front of him and smiled. "It's ok...take care of him...I love you.."

The other boy with dark hair shook his head in fright and pulled the trigger shooting not only the girl but the boy behind her. He saw her go down and he quickly went to her. "No. No. No! Stay with me!"

- - -

Shiah gasped and fell back looking at the boy front of her. She saw Yongguk, Daehyun and Junhong staring at her confused as she had tears in her eyes. She pushed herself up and went to the other boy. She stumble going over but she saw a familiar symbol on his arm with two wounds on his body.

She put two of her fingers together and closed her eyes to see his memories. She needed to know what happened to them.

"It looks like she has some gift?" Junhong whispered but the others heard him.

- - -

"TRAITOR!"

The boy who was by the girls side turned and saw the gun pointed at him. "Do it.."

"YOU KLLED YOUR OWN KIND FOR A VAMPIRE?"

The boy looked like he didn't care. He only stared at the girl as he held her in her arms. He wanted nothing more than to be with her or have her alive.

Shiah saw the ascension with dirty blonde hair fix the gun ready to pull the trigger but the sound of two gunshots were heard, making it sound like thunder in another direction. She saw the boy go down gasping for air. He couldn't move and soon it was over.

Shiah saw one familiar face and two others.

That's... the leaders.

I don't understand.

"He will help her." The leader of the Ascensions said the boy still holding the girl in his arms. "Let him take her."

The boy released her and the familiar person to Shiah smiled and was gone leading the way to the City of Lux. Two other Ascensions arrived and saw the bodies. The leader sighed and looked at the others.

"There are three others. I don't know where they are but it's not over."

"I thought there was ten?" The one who held the girl slowly pushed himself up staring at the bodies.

"Yes. Five are with the fairy. They are good, no harm will come to them."

Yanan? Yuto? Wooseok? Jinho? and Hui?

They are the good ascensions?

That means..

- - -

Shiah opened her eyes and stood up slowly looking at the two that were lifeless and dead. "They were bad ascensions."

Yongguk didn't understand what just happened. He thought he knew her but she hid something from him. A gift that only she has. He saw her look at the two bodies and saw the tears go down her cheek.

"They were part of the ten from my protectors." Shiah looked straight at Yongguk.

"Ten protectors? You have ten?" Daehyun questioned widening his eyes. "Why do you need so many?"

Junhong nudged him to shut up.

Daehyun made a face and looked back at the girl but saw her eyes still looking at Yongguk. He looked over to his leader and saw the hard cold eyes. "Seriously, what's with you two?"

Junhong looked at both of them and didn't know anything but he had a guess. He bit his bottom lip and cleared his throat. "We should keep moving."

Shiah broke off the eye contact and saw a necklace with the symbol on their arms. She bent down and tugged it off. She went to the other one and tugged it off as well. She put them in her pocket and took in a deep breath to collect herself. She felt a pair of hands on her shoulders and they stayed there.

She flinched as she felt Yongguk rub them f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter