Nine

Nothing More, Nothing Less
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was no wrong answer to that question. Yongguk kept his eyes on the girl in the pretty pastel pink dress as she smiled with her friends. He was glad she was smiling brightly and laughing with them. He always wanted her to stay that way. Away from getting hurt and dealing with any pain. A girl so brightly as her shouldn't have to deal with such pain.

But there was still something he didn't know about her.

Her name.

Why did they use a different name than from what he called her?

What was the secret behind that?

Why didn't she tell him?

So many 'why's'.

He sighed taking his eyes off her for a moment and looked at the mini maze behind the fountain that stood in the middle around the garden. He remembered the song she was singing and thought of this garden.

Jaejoong observed the tall male in front of him and smiled as he stared only at Yooa and then ahead as if he was trying to distract himself from answering the question.

"Why should I answer when you already know it?" Yongguk turned his head to Jaejoong and crossed his arms.

Jaejoong chuckled nodding. "I would like to hear you say it."

"You think I'll deny it?" Yongguk didn't know him but he was taking a guess. Jaejoong seemed like the type to play games until he had his way.

The older male shrugged and leaned on his desk. "It's possible. I mean after all, you've closed your heart by keeping only one girl and then one day, Yooa comes and starts to stir feelings inside you that haven't felt in years."

Yongguk widen his eyes for a second and clenched his jaw.

Jaejoong smirked. "How am I doing?"

"How do you know about that?" Yongguk didn't like others knowing his past. It was personal. Only his pack, his sister and Shiah knew that.

Jaejoong snapped his fingers and in came a girl with short hair with strong piercing eyes. "This is Yeeun. She is a psychic part of group I have put together called CLC. I'm sure you have heard of them?"

Yongguk looked over to her then back to Jaejoong. "Not really. The only psychic I know is my sister."

"Right. Of course." Jaejoong moved from his place and went towards Yeeun and closed the door behind her. "Yeeun is a special one."

Yongguk waited wanting to know where was he going with this.

"Yeeun, tell me what you feel?" Jaejoong walked around her and sat on the chair across the desk.

"He cares deeply for the girl." Yeeun put her hands behind her and started to walk slowly. Step by step picking up each of his feelings around Yongguk. That was her special gift. She was able to pick up any kind of feelings. She smirked staring at Yongguk as he narrowed his eyes to her.

What is she doing?

"He doesn't want her to feel any pain or sadness. He feels for her. In a way he hasn't felt in a long time and he sometimes gets confused because of an old flame." Yeeun stopped behind Jaejoong who had a smug look on his face.

"Keep going." He told her rubbing the bottom of his chin. "Dig deeper."

Yeeun went toward Yongguk making him clench his jaw many times as he upper lip was starting to tremble upward. He hated being on the spot especially with people he didn't know. He knew what Jaejoong wanted. He didn't want to say it out loud since he was already going to get it anyways with the girl.

Yeeun laughed as she took in his scent and went back to her spot from before. "He has strong romantic feelings for her. You've already kissed her, right?"

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Yongguk said through his teeth as he snarled at her. Jaejoong and Yeeun saw a flash of red in his eyes before he calmed down and they went back to normal. "Is that what you wanted? To know my feelings for her?"

Jaejoong simply nodded with a smile.

Yongguk scoffed rolling his eyes. "Why? So you and the ascensions can tell me to stay away from her? To leave and never come back because wolves attacked her home? My pack and I didn't do it."

"Thank you Yeeun, that will be all." The girl bowed her head and left.

Jaejoong sighed in his place and interlaced his hands as he tilted his head to the boy, who got frustrated and riled up when the truth came out. "I did it because you need to stop lying to yourself. It's obvious you like her more...which could possibly be love already."

"So? What's your point?" Yongguk kept his strong facade on the pointed elf leader as he sat on his chair a bit longer before standing up.

Jaejoong cared for Yooa like his own. He would do anything for her. When he heard about the fire he wanted to send out people to look for her. But Eunbin and Yeeun told him no. She was safe with wolves that took her in.

Seunghee mentioned Yooa would have a hard time at first but she would grow an attraction to the alpha. They would be coming this way in a few days.

Yeeun then mentioned that the alpha was conflicted about his feelings towards Yooa but he deeply likes and cares for her.

Jaejoong found it interesting about a werewolf and fairy possibly being a couple. He smirked when he thought about his vampire ward in love with an ascension living with a human. Some weird fate when things like that happens.

The older male smiled up at the wolf. "The sooner you stop being conflicted. The easier it will be for you to move on and be happy. The past is the past and everyone deserves to be happy. If you plan to start something with Yooa, I suggest you let go of whatever is holding you back. If you can't do that..." Jaejoong sighed and stood up straight putting his hands in his pockets. "I suggest you keep your distance from her."

Yongguk wasn't sure if he could keep his distance from her. It was hard not to. He turned towards the window and saw Shiah sitting on the ground as she listening to her friends. Her face was no longer smiling brightly. He got closer to the window with furrowed eyebrows. Inside his chest, he felt something twisting unpleasantly. "What's wrong? Why does she look like that?"

Jaejoong went to the window standing next to him and let out a sigh. "They are probably telling her about the others and her kin."

Yongguk stayed looking at Shiah and wasn't sure how he saw it but he saw a tear go down her cheek. "What happened to them?"

- - -

"They...They...died?"

Binnie nodded slowly as she didn't like remembering the night that separated them. "Hyojung and Jiho were the first ones I saw before a huge tree came tumbling down and the explosion went off above the trees in one of the homes and the wolves were everywhere."

"It felt like there was ten but they were just really fast for five of them." Mimi added. She looked over to Arin, who had been quiet and holding her tears but they were already sliding down her cheek making them wet. "Seunghee used her power to save as many people but a wolf with yellow eyes got her first and snapped her neck. Arin witnessed it before she flew off."

"I was so scared." Arin mumbled as she suddenly covered her face for a few seconds. Shiah went towards her and gave her a hug. "I was lost for a while. I abandoned everyone there. I should have helped but my power felt like it was dying inside me. I wasn't strong enough to stay." She sniffled and shook her head. "But I should have stayed..to help our kin. So I ran like a coward."

Shiah shook her head cupping her face wiping the tears away. "No, Arin, it was best that you flew off. You feel mother nature around you. The fire was eating up everything you felt inside. You had a good reason to leave. I don't blame you." Shiah looked at the other two. "Do you girls blame her for leaving?"

They shook their head at her.

"We were only worried when she didn't show up here." Mimi said hugging Arin. "We thought the fire got her."

"Hyojung, Jiho, and Seunghee died protecting our kin and you three as well to keep living if you made it out. Which you three did." Shiah smiled at them with tears in her eyes. "I should be the one to feel bad. I'm the one with the protectors. I should've had Hui, Jinho, and Yuto to look after you all."

"Don't say that Yooa." Binnie held out her hand to her friend, which she gladly accepted. "They were given to you for your protection."

"Yes but you are my family too." Shiah fought back feeling guilty. "I got separated from Yanan at one point and woke up in house full of wolves and I didn't trust any of them. Expect Yongguk, the alpha. He promised to protect me and keep me safe." She smiled remembering all the fun moments she had with him.

Binnie, Mimi and Arin looked at their friend and saw her cheeks turning a hint of pink, as a lovely smile was spreading across her face.

She's in love with him?

She's crushing on a werewolf?

Awwwh, she found her happiness!

Mimi smiled seeing how Shiah was going into her own thoughts. "Is this after you started crushing on him?"

Shiah blinked her eyes at her friends and dropped her jaw trying to defend herself. "What?..No..No.. He is just kind to me and...and he helped me come here."

"Did something already happen between you two?" Binnie asked leaning towards her as Shiah moved back gulping.

"Why would you ask that?" Shiah felt her heart racing quickly hoping they would stop asking her embarrassing questions.

"Don't deny something like that when you're in love." Arin giggled as she got a nudge from Mimi.

"Of course the youngest would know." Binnie laughed along with her.

Shiah looked at them three confused as Arin was biting her bottom lip. "What's going on?"

Mimi and Binnie stared at Arin as she stared to blush and put her head down. She was trying to hide from her shyness making Shiah even more curious.

"When I left, I got lost and I found someone to help me find the City of Lux." Arin spoke in a soft tone and slowly picked her head up. "He is a vampire...very handsome and kind with me."

"She fell in love with a vampire." Mimi added to Arin's story.

"What?" Shiah blinked her eyes before she smiled at her. "Seriously?"

"Yeah." Binnie nodded smiling as well. "He somehow ended up falling for her too. It must be her cuteness and innocent look that brings him back to earth."

"Shut up Binnie!" Arin playfully fought but the girls giggled amongst each others. It felt like nothing changed. Only three others were missing. It hurt knowing they were gone but they will be remembered in Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter