Worries over.

Living with Ukiss

3 hours into the surgery, and the oppas and i were still outside the room, awaiting. Soon enough, the doctor walked out of the room, removing his surgery mask, and looked at us.

“How’d it go?” Xander oppa asked, worried.

“Well.. Uhm...” the doctor stammered.

“IT WASN’T SUCCESSFUL?!” Eli oppa yelled.

“No, no, no,” the doctor clarified, “It was successful, no worries. But his vocals are weak at the moment. For the next 2 weeks, he should not strain his voice, or a relapse might occur. Other then that, everything’s fine with him. All of you may see him now. We’ve transferred him back to the ward.” All of us bowed and whispered thankyous.

Xander oppa and Kibum oppa had a weird look on their faces.

“Oppa,” I started, “Let’s go see Kevin oppa. And please put a smile on your face! You guys look so tired..”

“Mm, arasso, arasso. Kaja,” Soohyun oppa said.

We walked to Kevin oppa’s room in silence. Not the awakward kind, but more of the, i’m-glad-everything’s-alright kind. Upon reaching, i went forward and opened the door slightly. Softly, i turned back to the oppas and made a “shh” sign. They nodded and imitated my action.

“Oppa..?” I called gently when i saw the angel sleeping. His hair fell across his eyes. I raised my hand and swept his hair away.

He stirred awake, and opened his eyes slowly, “Guys..?” All of the oppas gathered around.

“Kevin ah,” Kiseop oppa called from behind me.

“Was the surgery...successful...?” Kevin oppa forced out.

“Yes it was, don’t worry,” Kiseop oppa comforted and he placed his hands on my shoulder, making me sit on the chair beside Kevin’s bed. I sat down and looked at Kevin oppa.

Kevin huffed a puff a relief, but when Xander oppa said, “However...”

Kevin oppa looked up in a fast motion. “However what??” he asked, nervous.

“Uhhh...” Kibum oppa seemed to be searching for words. They looked at the brothers around, and all of them had their heads down.

“However,” I decided to help, “You mustn’t sing for the next 2 weeks. Your voice cannot be strained.”

“But,” he started to argue.

“Oppa,” I said firmly, “You cannot sing for the next 2 weeks and that’s that. You wanna risk your voice again??”

“No...” he admitted. “So don’t sing for a couple of weeks,” I answered.

“Arasso,” he gave up. The oppas all sighed in relief and Kiseop oppa squeezed my shoulders for a silent thank you. I touched his hand and squeezed back.

Just then, Xander oppa had a call. “Yobosaeyo?” pause, “Deh,” pause, “Oneul?” pause, “Ahhh, yeh,” pause, “Ne,” pause, “Aigaesibnida hyung,” pause, “Ne.” Then he turned to the boys and said, “We have to go for schedule. Photoshoot today. Kevin will do his shoot when he’s discharged.” The boys reluctantly agreed.

“Kevin hyung,” Dongho called, “Take care. We’ll be back later.”

“Mm, ppali,” Kevin oppa said.

“Regina yah,” Eli oppa called me.

“Ne?” “If you’re tired, call our manager to take you home first. You have school tomorrow, anyway,” he reminded.

“Anh-i yo, gwaenchana yo. I wanna stay,” i said.

“If you feel like going home, then just call ok?”

“Sure,” I agreed and they left the room. I turned back to Kevin oppa, who was looking a little weird.

“Oppa? Neon gwaenchana?”

“Anh-i. Apeunde(it hurts),” he said softly.

“Apeun? Eoti??” I asked, worriedly. “Yeogi(here),” he replied and pointed to his chest, “Nae maeum.”

I sighed and asked gently, “Wae yo?”

“I made all of you guys worry so much.... I was so scared that i couldn’t be a singer again... Now my heart hurts so much, seeing you guys worry over me...” he admitted.

“Oppa,” I got up from my seat and sat on the bed beside him. He moved him a little to make space for me. Lightly patting his hand i added on, “Geotjong hajima, we don’t even mind. We’re a family, aren’t we?”

Slowly, a small smile formed on his face as he answered, “Yeah, we’re a family.”

We stared in each others’ eyes. I could feel my heart beating faster than usual, and my blood was pounding my eyes. I knew i was blushing, but i couldn’t tear my eyes away from his. He had a smile on, and i tried to smile, but nothing formed.

Suddenly, he pulled my hand forward and i crashed into his chest. He wrapped his arms around my waist and laid his head against mine. My chin was tucked into where his neck and shoulder met.

He rocked us side-to-side as he whispered, “Regina yah, gomawo. For everything. You’re my very first younger sister. But it feels like you’re the kind of friend i never had. My new best friend. I really do cherish this friendship kinship we have. I don’t think a girl has ever cared for me so much like you do. It feels...nice, and different. A good kind of different. I love you, my friend.”

Tears formed in my eyes......

 

 

 

but it wasn’t because i was touched.

-

-

-

 

 

HEYHEYHEY, So here's an update ^^ How's this? (: Can you guys guess why Regina was crying? :D Beast updates; I'm not sure on alot of things yet; the plot/title/story everything. So yeah. there's alot of work to do. Are there volunteers to help me make a poster? I read up on those artists who make posters, but their RULES are like, ABSURD. I don't like it. So my dear readers, anyone can help? I'm too ish to make my own. I'll make my own to show you. HAHA. Anyway, volunteers, here's my email. Email me if you wanna help! TY! [email protected] or you guys can tweet to me(I PREFER THIS!<3) www.twitter.com/nicolejeremiah