A chance.

Living with Ukiss

I sat up on the couch, in Beast's apartment. The boys had gone to bed, and i was still awake. I kept replaying what Yoseob had told me. Doojoon oppa likes me...? But...why? And now, i'm just gonna hurt him? He helped me. I don't wanna hurt him. He's so sweet, taking care of me, making sure i eat, ready to give up his bed for me.

I can't hurt a nice guy like that.

Just then, someone called, "Regina yah."

I turned and saw Doojoon in the dark, and the moonlight lit his face. "O-oh, oppa," I stammered.

"Why aren't you sleeping..?" he asked, as he sat down beside me.

"I.. can't sleep just yet. Later on. Oppa, go back to bed. You have schedule tomorrow, right?" I persuaded.

"Aniya. Schedule starts at 2pm. I have time. Let's talk." I gulped as he said that, but reluctantly agreed.

"Ne," I muttered.

"Re-ah, what are you going to do now? Everything's all messed up.." he asked.

"I don't know... I can't think..." I admitted.

"I can't keep helping you like this you know..." he said.

"Arrayo.. But.. I really don't know where else to turn to.."

"You can stay with me until you're comfortable. I'm more than willing to let you stay."

"Oppa. I'm not...I still love Kevin. I don't love anyone else. I won't." I said firm, aware i had already hurt him.

"You know that...i...like you?" he asked.

"Yes. But i'm sorry i can't return those feelings..."

"I'm not asking you to. I just want to let you know, no matter what, this house will always been open to you. I won't steal you away from Kevin. Don't worry. I won't force you," he murmured.

My heart ached. I knew i hurt him. I had a suddenn urge to let him know we're friends, so i grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

"Mianhaeyo, Doojoonie oppa..." I whispered.

He pulled his hand away from mine, and said, "Don't let me misunderstand." He looked away and breathed in hard.

"Oppa.." I called.

"Yknow something, Regina?" he asked. I shook my head and he stood up. "I might have been the better choice for you if you had chosen me in the first place."

He walked in his room and closed the door softly.

I hugged my knees to myself and closed my eyes. Should i give Doojoon a chance? That way, Kevin can forget about me easily. That's good right?

 

As if he heard my thought, Yoseob walked out. He came towards me and asked, "What happened??"

"Should i give Doojoon oppa a chance?" I said.

"If you want to, then go ahead. But don't regret it." He patted my head. "Oppa's gonna sleep first. Night."

"G'night.."

 

And so i decided. I'd give Doojoon a chance. To make Kevin hate me. And then everything'll be alright, right??