Chapter 9

When the Dawn Breaks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let her go, she needs to be alone.” Seulgi said to the younger ones, knowing that Irene needs to process things thoroughly, to really understand and know where they went wrong.

 

“If anything, you know she isn’t tech savvy, if you need her location just check the snapchat map,” Yeri said, her voice not too filled with worry as they (for the most part) know where she will go.

 

------------

 

“....observed for three days straight……..run tests ……..having chest pains. For two months straight, It’s been her heart that has been killing her slowly.....She could’ve died drinking all that much...” Joy said to Irene and Seulgi, with Irene staring blankly at Wendy’s thin hand in hers. As Joy continued to explain, the words flowed through Irene as she felt the daggers of guilt and shame stab her in places all over her body. The more she listened to Joy’s explanation, the more her breathing became unstable, the more she nervously fidgeted her hands in Wendy’s, not being able to keep still. When Seulgi got up to cradle Wendy in her arms with all eyes on her, Irene took the chance to escape the confined feeling growing inside of her. Rushing out of the room, Irene took the elevator and exited the hospital. As Irene stepped outside of the hospital, she ran.

 

Running to wherever her feet took her, she ended up in a park. As it was late afternoon on a weekday, the playground was empty, with no one to recognize her, especially as she was wearing a baggy sweatshirt, sweatpants, a hat, and no makeup. Once she sat down on a park bench, the tears began to endlessly fall. The tears streaming onto her light gray sweatshirt, damp spots filling the top half of her sweater, with the haunting words of Joy had repeated in her mind. The thoughts she had slowly swimming in her mind in the hospital room, they began to clash into each other in her head.  

 

“I’m the leader of this group, but Seungwan is the only one truly taking care of us. , I haven’t even tried to help her, I don’t ask her how she is anymore, I don’t try to take some of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter