Chapter 5

When the Dawn Breaks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With the sounds of running water and Wendy’s own thoughts while watching the beautiful dawn break through the window on an early Sunday morning filling the bathroom, she had not heard the front door creak open, with an exhausted Yeri and Joy creep through the door.

 

As the pain in her chest subsided for a moment, Wendy tried to get up off the toilet, however, her legs had faltered. Throwing the beer can aside, she staggered two steps to the bathtub in order to balance herself, but to no avail. Her frail body couldn’t hold herself anymore and fell forwards into the tub with the running water. The running water had filled to the brim, and began to overflow, spilling out onto the cold tiles of the bathroom floor.

 

As Yeri and Joy entered their own apartment, the faint smell of alcohol and day old chinese food hit the entrance of their nose. Both shocked at the interior of their dorm, as it looked like a tornado hit it. Empty beer cans sprawled out across the floor. A six pack of unopened beer rested on the counter. An empty bottle of vodka by the karaoke machine. A empty broken bottle of soju laying by Wendy’s own room door. A disheveled looking couch, with the couch cushions apart from the base of the couch. Bunches of used tissues scattered across the floor as well, tissues still damp with tears.

 

“WHAT HAPPENED HERE? Did we get robbed? Who drank? Did Wendy unnie have a party? If she did, why didn’t she even tell us!” Yeri asked Joy, whose jaw was still on the floor.

 

“Wendy Unnie?” Joy spoke out, her voice reaching no one’s ears except her own and Yeri’s.

 

“Ehhhhh Joy Unnie, she might be sleeping? It’s still pretty early…….Wendy Unnie?” Yeri said as she opened Wendy’s room door, but found only an empty room.

 

“Seungwan Unnie?” Joy said once more, hearing the faint sounds o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter