Chapter 14

When the Dawn Breaks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For a whole week, the members visited Wendy at least twice a day to watch over her or see if she needed anything, staying for about an hour to two hours, but everytime they came to visit, Wendy was “resting.” As the members exited the hospital on the eighth day, Wendy had everything she needed to leave, as she was allowed to be discharged.

 

“Wendy-sshi, after running all the necessary tests, checking over your vitals and other systems, and monitoring you for a few days, I’m glad to say that you are free to go home! Would you like me to call your dorm for the members to come pick you up?” Doctor Kim asked Wendy, who was still putting on her shoes while sitting on the hospital bed.

 

“No, it’s alright Doc, thank you so much for everything. Really. Everything. But I think I’ll just surprise them or something….” Wendy said with a questionable tone.

 

“Are you sure?” Doctor Kim asked, remembering how none of the members he met actually took care of Wendy.

 

“I’m positive! Don’t worry, I’ll be okay from here on out.” Wendy said with a charming smile, giving the Doctor a little more assurance of her safety.

 

“Alright, I’m trusting you, but please be healthy! We had to pump an alarmingly dangerous amount of alcohol out of your system. I care about you Wendy-sshi, please take care of yourself, but let them take care you now. It was almost too late, but I see how they are really trying. Value every moment.” Doctor Kim said to Wendy, her thoughts being pierced with his words.

 

Thankfully, when Yeri would come and visit by herself when she didn’t have a mandatory schedule, she brought along Wendy’s backpack for when the rest of Red Velvet would come and get her for “discharge” themselves. The backpack had some extra clothes, cool tissues, and some snacks (as it was originally packed by Wendy’s thoughtful self before), but it also contained her passport….. something Yeri “forgot” to take out. Wendy finished up the paperwork for her to discharged, saying her goodbyes to Doctor Kim and other staff members, leaving a short handwritten letter for the front desk nurse to give the members if they asked for her. After greeting everyone twice, she made her way to the exit, taking a taxi to Incheon Airport. The next hour came along, and three members of Red Velvet were present in the hospital once again.

 

Yeri, on the other hand had a “schedule,” but was actually crying her eyes out by the Han River, somewhere that no one really looks at her when she’s just wearing a hoodie. Crying out her tears by herself, with these tears more filled with worry than sadness. Worrying if she made the right decision to hide it from the rest of the members, worrying if she wouldn’t be able to find Wendy in a few days if she waits too long, and worrying if she comes too soon...would she hurt her again?

 

“Will Unnie be alright without us for a while? I want to go get her soon, I told her I would… but still, I really...I just miss her… but she needs this. I can’t keep being selfish, we can’t do that anymore. It’s okay, we will be okay, just remember Yerim! You will fulfill that promise until the end!” Yeri thought to herself, trying to cheer up a little while her tears beginning to slow down even if the fears were still lingering.

 

------------

 

“Nurse…? Where is patient Son Seungwan? Did you guys move her to another room? Or did you transport her to a different building?” Seulgi asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter