Chapter 12

When the Dawn Breaks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seeing as the three got along through the door window, Seulgi and Irene decided to go in as well. Seulgi gently pushed the door as it was slightly open, while holding some snacks to share with the members in the room. Irene followed behind quietly, while holding a small smile while entering the room. As Seulgi pushed the door, Joy and Yeri followed the gaze of Wendy as she turned her head when she heard the door creak open. Making immediate eye contact with Wendy, Seulgi had a rather startled look on her face, but saw that Wendy’s expression had softened.

 

“Seungwannie~” Seulgi gently cooed out, while walking closer to the bed with the snacks still in her hand.

 

Wendy noticed that Seulgi’s eyes were filled with shame, worry, and sadness, even if her tone spoke differently, but knew that Seulgi wasn’t the type to talk about the seriousness of the situation in front of the maknaes. And Wendy was okay with that. This wasn’t the place for that.

“Ddeulgi-yah” Wendy said back, showing a hint of aegyo in her response, surprising the maknaes as they stifled out a small giggle. Seulgi went close to Wendy and kept her in a tight hug. With Wendy feeling Seulgi tremble against her, Wendy lightly rubbing her back, noticing Irene’s presence as well.

 

Although she held a small smile walking in, Irene’s face was suddenly grim and downcast, almost as if a shadow had appeared upon her, as her expression was nothing close to ecstatic. Before Irene walked into the room, she was super happy that Wendy was okay (ofc at the moment), even if all those questions stayed fresh in her mind. But as soon as Irene walked through the door, it was almost as if she couldn’t take the shameful questions prodding at her brain every few seconds. Watching Seulgi go up to her so sweetly, and Wendy responding back just as sweet, everything had stopped in Irene’s world.

 

“She’s acting like she didn’t just almost die in front of us. Like she didn’t just try to kill herself. Is this just a game for her? Did she think about us once while continuing on with her antics?” Irene thought as Wendy made eye contact with her. The rest of the members looked at Irene, noticing how her mood had changed from just a few moments ago.

 

“Unnie no,” Seulgi blurted out quickly as she turned to look at her from the hug, knowing that Irene’s expression was showing that something was unsettling within her. “It’s not the right place or the right time” Seulgi said with a firm voice, alarming the two maknaes as they realized what was about to transpire, scaring them because Seulgi is almost never serious.

 

“Joohyun Unnie please don’t, please just be patient” Yeri said, knowing that their Seungwan was back for right now, and wasn’t planning on losing her anytime soon.

 

“Unnie stop ple—“ Joy was pleading, but was cut off by oyhun’s dark tone, knowing Irene wasn’t listening to Seulgi earlier.

 

“Why Seungwan-ah? Irene said.

 

Wendy was still sitting with Seulgi in her embrace, and had a questionable look towards Irene's cold question.

 

“Why Seungwan-ah?” Irene asked again almost pitifully, not taking a breath and continuing to ask more questions. “Why didn’t you tell us about your heart? Why did you drink? Why did you think that it was a good idea? You could’ve gotten yourself killed! Did you think about how that could affect us? Your family? Your fans?”

 

At first, when Irene began asking, her tone was stern, yet fear was evident. As she continued on, her tone came to sound more accusatory, almost as if she’s asking Wendy if she willingly did these things to be in the situation they are in at the moment.

 

Hearing Irene’s questions made Wendy let out a heavy sigh, as if someone was stepping on her chest, slowly tightening and constricting her airways. Letting go of Seulgi from the embrace, she took another deep breath. Yeri and Joy noticed the same look of rage that Wendy held earlier, knowing that their leader had pushed too far.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter