Chapter 4

When the Dawn Breaks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been two months since she last went to the doctor. It’s been two months of the quiet pains that filled her chest. Two months of having the biggest smile on her face for the whole world to see, but two months of having to suffer through the pain alone.

 

Wendy stopped in front of the full body mirror in Seulgi’s room as she was doing her weekly laundry rounds. Wearing just a sleeveless shirt and and sweats, she observed her body in the dimly lit room. She noticed the way her skin was pale. Not the milky white skin tone she had that every other Korean girl was envious of. A lifeless pale.

 

She saw the way her jaw became even more sharper than it was a few months ago. The way her shoulders had gone way, way down. The way her collar bones protrude out a little more than they had before. The way the outline of her ribcage could be seen through the tight sleeveless shirt she had. Most of all, she noticed her face in the mirror as her chest tightened once more.

 

Two months and her members haven’t noticed a thing.

 

Until Monday or Tuesday when the members came home from their weekend schedules, the loneliness was never filled. But her new companions have never left her on Friday nights to early Sunday mornings. She found her only escape from pain both physically and emotionally in the convenience store.

 

One bottle of vodka.

Five cans of beer.

One bottle of soju.

 

Wendy was never one of the strongest drinkers out there. And heck, this only became a part of her weekend routine because sometimes the pain was too much. In fact, she hated drinking and only drank with her group if they were celebrating an achievement or a birthday. But nothing would numb the pain except the alcohol. The pain in her heart physically and the pain caused by ignorance of her members to her condition.

 

Her lonely Friday evenings began with some greasy foods and then the alcohol followed. But the hard truths she hid from her members when sob

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter