Chapter 15

When the Dawn Breaks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The beeping of the cars were almost deafening, however the girl had still fell flat against the pavement in front of the cars. Rushing over to see if the unconscious girl in the street wasn’t injured, Yeri ran quickly to the other street up ahead. Nobody had gotten out of their cars to see if she was alright, so on instinct Yeri picked up the girl to let the cars go and placed her on the sidewalk.

 

“Miss are you okay? Are you injured? Do you know how to get home? What happened to you?” Yeri spoke to the lady, but she still had her hoodie on, and was still knocked out.

 

“Miss…..” Yeri asked as she tried to gently shake the girl’s shoulders, still oblivious to the girl’s identity.

 

“Huh….?” The girl responded with a whimper, slowly pulling off her hood as it was blocking her from seeing who helped her. Yeri drew back a few steps after the girl removed her hood.

 

“Seulgi Unnie?” Yeri choked out, cupping a hand over quickly, trying to understand as to why her only anchor at the moment was here, drowning in her sorrows, almost unrecognizable because of the eyebags upon her face and smudged eye makeup. The way her messy bun was past the point of being just “messy.” The tangles and knots that were making their presence known as Seulgi’s hands got tangled along in her own hair. The way her eyes were so close to being swollen shut because of crying too much.

 

“Oh Yerim-ah! What are you doing here? I was on my way back home right now!” Seulgi said, her voice slightly slurred as the world around her was spinning too fast for her to comprehend, still not understanding the situation they were in at the moment.  

 

“Seulgi Unnie? Where did you go? I didn’t even know you went out! You didn’t tell me! What happened to you? Why were you walking that way? What were you doing in the middle of the road? You could’ve gotten hit! Why didn’t you just stay on the side? Have you been drinking?” Yeri’s last sentence falling quickly off her lips, as tears built up in her eyes, remembering how Seungwan had used alcohol as her way to escape the pain. She couldn’t bear to see Seulgi try to use it as her method as well. As Yeri realized Seulgi wasn’t going to be putting anything together for her until the next morning, Yeri decided to drag her home.

 

“Let’s go home.” Yeri said plainly, wiping her tears and then holding Seulgi up on her left side.

 

“Okay~~~~~~~~~~~yayayayayayayayaayayayaah” Seulgi’s voice began to trail off, as Yeri smelled the stench of alcohol flood her nose, making Yeri tear up once more, as she thought about the broken bottles and glasses she came home to just last week, but also her broken family.

 

*The Next Morning*

 

“Ugh my head hurts so much,” Seulgi said, pressing down at her temples and pinching her nose bridge.

 

“Seulgi Unnie, why did you do that? Why did you drink? If you feel like you’re hurting then come talk to me! Talk to anyone of us in this group! We’re here. We know what you’re going through, don’t shut us out. We need you, I need you. We aren’t complete at the moment but we will be soon. You need to realize that you don’t have to escape the pain. We share the same pain. Seulgi Unnie please, we can’t lose you too right now.” Bloodshot eyes pierced through Seulgi’s stare, with Yeri struggling to speak straight as her tears kept interrupting her sentences, sitting at the edge of the bed.

 

“THAT’S THE PROBLEM YERIM! We aren’t complete! How can you all continue on to do things like nothing happened? Don’t you remember what Seungwan wrote? She doesn’t want to see us anymore. She doesn’t want to be with us anymore. SHE’S MY BEST FRIEND AND I COULDN’T HELP HER WHEN SHE NEEDED ME. I DON’T DESERVE TO BE ACTING LIKE EVERYTHING IS GOING TO GET BETTER, WHE

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter