Chapter 7

When the Dawn Breaks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The passcode on the door to their dorm room rang successfully as Seulgi and Irene had entered back into what looked like a robbery gone wrong. The same shock and curiosity about why their dorm looked like that had struck the two eldest. The broken glass bottles and the empty beer cans had given the pair the same idea as the younger ones.

 

“What the hell happened in here? Was there a party? Seungwan-ah?” Irene yelled out looking for the member who was originally left alone all weekend, but no response came.

 

“Seungwannie~~??” Seulgi called out for her best friend as she opened the door to Wendy’s room, but once again no answer came and the room was empty.

 

“Sooyoung? Yerim?” Irene and Seulgi called out, opening each of the doors to their rooms, but the dorm was abandoned.  

 

With the dorm looking a complete mess and the girls all missing, Irene quickly pulled her phone out and dialed Wendy’s phone number, but was sent straight to voicemail.

 

“That’s so strange why isn’t she answering? She usually picks up after the first ring?” Irene questioned, slightly irritated because she wanted to know why the dorm looked like this and where everyone else was. Simultaneously, Seulgi dialed Joy’s number, only to be answered by Joy’s sorrowful voice.

 

“Seulgi Unnie, come to Seoul Hospital now. I’m with Yeri and Wendy Unnie.” Joy replied with an unreadable tone, leaving Seulgi stunned as she heard the line end on the other side. Thousands of scenarios had ran through Seulgi’s mind within a split second, scenarios that she would never want to have to live through. Without hesitation, Seulgi grabbed Irene by the arm and ran towards the front door, making eye contact with Irene, and Irene meeting her eyes with worry as she feels Seulgi’s trembling hand against her wrist.

 

“Unnie, we have to go now.” Seulgi spoke in a serious tone, a tone that only appeared when the members would have a serious talk. Of having no knowledge about what was actually going on made it worse for the eldest pair. They left the dorm and hailed for a taxi, asking the driver to drive as fast as the speed limit gets him.

 

“Ahjussi take us to Seoul Hospital, please be fast!” Seulgi chirped out with a nervous voice, as Irene was still processing the location.


“Why are we going to the hospital? What happened? Did something happen to Joy?” Irene said, assuming that Joy was injured.”

 

“I don’t know anything Unnie, all I know is that Joy told us to come here, but she sounded like she was in pain. Something was bothering her, let’s just hope it’s nothing too serious.” Seulgi said as the taxi driver had pulled into the front of the hospital. The duo thanked the driver and paid him his dues, both almost jumping out of the car to run towards the entrance of the hospital. As they approached the front desk, they asked the receptionist if Park Sooyoung was a name listed in any of the rooms.

 

“Sorry ma’am, there is no one by the name of Park Sooyoung listed as a patient.” the receptionist gave the duo a cold and hard stare, as the pair had asked her to check for the name four times.

 

“Forget it, thank you anyways.” Seulgi said, half relieved at the fact that her member wasn’t a patient. “Was I overthinking it? Maybe she just wanted to meet up in the front of the hospital, because of the new restaurant that opened down the block?” Seulgi thought innocently to herself, while Irene’s yell interrupted Seulgi’s thoughts.

 

“Yerim-ah! Sooyoung-ah!” Irene yelled for their maknaes as she saw them exit out of the elevator. “What’s going on, why are we here? Are you guys in pain anywhere?” Irene said with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter