Chapter 13

When the Dawn Breaks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The early sunrise pierced through the window of the hospital room once more, and Seungwan was alone again, but she wanted to be. She needed to be. She needed to breathe. And the dry heaving sobs that came out of didn’t help her at all.  

 

Outside the hospital room door, Joy and Seulgi sat next to each other with clasped hands along the chairs from the outside of Wendy’s room, still silently crying to themselves. Irene sat along the chairs as well, but a few seats down from the duo. Ever since they were kicked out of the room, Irene stayed silent, not speaking to anyone, and clutching her cellphone looking at a full Red Velvet group picture.

 

“She’s right. I’ve failed to be a leader to this group. I’ve failed to be an Unnie the members can look up to. I’ve failed to be there for each of them, especially Seungwan. She needed me, and I didn’t even spare a glance her way.” Irene thought to herself as Joy, Seulgi, and Yeri knew Irene was barely keeping it together as she continued to cry and shake uncontrollably.

 

Yeri was the only one standing close by the door, even after getting kicked out of the room twice. She stole glances at Seungwan through the door window once more. With the Joy, Seulgi, and Irene trio sitting a little bit farther to the side and crying to themselves still, Yeri was the only one who heard Wendy’s loud sobs over the monitors’ beeping. Not only did she over hear the cries of her Unnie, she was able to hear the faint ringing of a phone call. Trying her best to stop her own sniffling to listen who Wendy was calling.

 

“Who is she calling? It can’t be management or manager oppa! We only talk unless its comeback season or we have a schedule… It can’t be anyone at the dorms because we’re all still here...It can’t even be her family in Canada because Seulgi Unnie tried to call their house phone, but the voicemail said her parents and Seunghee Unnie were going on a cruise for vac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter