Chapter 16

When the Dawn Breaks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeri and Seulgi arrived first in Canada and were super excited that when they got off the plane, Irene and Joy’s messages about them coming along finally got to their phones. They patiently waited an extra few hours to pick up Irene and Joy. After finally finding the two other girls waiting in the chairs by the arrival gate, the four were reunited after long hours of the flight. This was the first time Red Velvet left Korea without any managers, so they were all somewhat lost.  

 

“Okay, let’s go!!!!!” Yeri said, suddenly leading the group to the exit.

 

“Um...Yerim-ah! Where do you think you’re going?” Irene asked, scared and fearful because of the foreign land she was in.

 

“Joohyun Unnie, just leave it to me. I have her home address!.......What? I got it from her address book in her room! Of course Mama Seungwan has one!” Yeri exclaimed with a cheeky grin, super excited but afraid of being rejected by their member. All the members slightly glaring at her, but thankful that she was resourceful.

 

“Okay, okay, let’s go then!” Seulgi and Joy said as they all exited the airport and flagged down the first taxi they saw.

To the best of the quartet’s English ability, Yeri held up her phone as they asked the taxi driver to take them to the address shown. After a quiet 15 minutes, the four thanked the man as they all jumped out the car with their backpacks. The four stood in front of a “not so humble” house, as it encompassed a huge lawn and garage, while the house was at least three floors up, not counting the basement. Standing in awe and shock, they each took a deep inhale of air, feeling the air fill up their lungs, while slowly being let out right after, still overwhelmed by the large house that accompanied a part of Seungwan’s childhood.

 

“It’s so...” Irene stuttered out.

 

“BIG!” Seulgi almost yelled out, startling the other three.

 

“Yah! Come on!” Yeri said pulling at Joy and Seulgi’s wrists, eager to go up to the house.

 

“Wait, but what if Unnie really doesn’t want to see us and this whole entire thing just backfires in our faces?” Joy said with her voice trailing off in nervousness.

 

“If she doesn’t want us here, she doesn’t want us here. But, that doesn’t mean we’ll leave her. We’re simply just gonna stay until we can show her that we won’t ever leave her alone again. We will do what it takes.” Irene said, just as hopeful but nervous as the other three, but didn’t let it show through her strong words for the members.

 

Yeri went closer to the front door and rang the doorbell. As the door swiftly opened, Yeri launched her body forward for a hug to the girl who answered the door, expecting to see her missed Seungwan Unnie, but being greeted with a slightly older and taller looking Seungwan.

 

“Um….who is it?”

 

Yeri didn’t recognize the voice of the girl she was holding as she slowly unwrapped her arms from around the girl’s waist.

 

“Mwo…….Seunghee Unnie?” Yeri said, turning her head back to look at the other members, red slightly dusting upon the rest of their faces as Seunghee began to greet them so warmly. A warm greeting that startled all of them, something they each knew they didn’t deserve.

 

“She’s so sweet to us…...Why?...We don’t deserve it...especially after we let Seungwan down...” Irene wondered.

 

“Didn’t Seungwan Unnie tell her what happened?” Joy questioned in her head, sha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter