Chapter 8

When the Dawn Breaks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Later in the afternoon, Doctor Kim entered into Wendy’s room to take her vital signs and check if there was any movement/improvement for Wendy, but was surprised when he saw the rest of the Red Velvet members sleeping by her bedside; Seulgi and Irene on one side, Yeri and Joy on the other. While he carefully checked to see if all the equipment was in its proper place, Irene and Seulgi had stirred awake, startled at the sight of a man they’ve never seen before, but half calm because they realized he was just the doctor.  The two eldest stood up and formally introduced themselves to him, as the Doctor reciprocated the greeting.

 

“Now, it’s common knowledge that you two are the older ones of the group, so I would like to ask some questions regarding Wendy-sshi.” Doctor Kim said, hoping that they would be able to answer the questions that Yeri and Joy failed to answer.

 

“Is she going to be alright? How hard did she hit her head in the tub or how long was she in the tub?” Seulgi and Irene said, both with overlapping questions, but the Doctor stared back at the pair with a confused face.

 

“What…? She didn’t hit her head? Why was she in the tub then? How come she was found like she was knocked out unconscious?” the duo looked at each other with puzzled expressions, both not understanding why the Doctor gave them such a look.

 

“No… she didn’t hit her head. I’m going to assume that both of you won’t be able to answer my questions about Wendy regarding her lifestyle at the moment.” Doctor Kim said, almost with a bitter filled voice. “Wendy was not in the water too long, which is why there is thankfully no water damage. But why does she have so much alcohol in her system, when you all know that her heart has gotten even worse than before?” Doctor Kim said, almost scolding them like he spoke to Joy and Yeri before. Seulgi and Irene completely disregarded what he asked them as they turned away from him to look at the two youngest and their slight movements. With him scolding, the two youngest stirred awake, looking up from the bedside to lock eyes with the Doctor that gave them a reality check. As soon as Joy and Doctor Kim began their staring contest, the loudspeaker of the hospital came on, paging Doctor Kim to the ER, causing him to rush out of the room.

 

At this point, the Joy and Yeri were wide awake, realizing that the Doctor might have already told them the truth, until Seulgi asked Yeri, “Wait was the Doctor saying? She didn’t hit her head? Why isn’t she waking up?”

 

As Yeri opened to speak, Joy spoke up instead, gathering all the courage she had in ord

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter