Happy Holidays, zayayj

Who's My IGOT7 Secret Santa? 2018 BxB [The Big Reveal is online! // PLEASE SEND IN YOUR GIFTS! // News from 2018.12.31]

Gift for zayayj

Gift from ????

Title of the gift: Eye to eye

Pairing(s): 2JAE


How many words: 10387

Rating: Teen audiences

Warnings: trigger warning (not too much) and cavities (because you know, “attempted” romance and fluff! Slight psychic shiz happening.

Note to my giftee: Hi! I’m bad in writing angst, or drama, or some sad shiz. But hey, at least I tried. Even though I’m the worst in writing, I still tried my best to give justice to what you want. I sorta followed your plot, and the rest was just from my head. I enjoyed writing it, and I’m sorry in advance if this doesn’t live up to your expectations. Merry Christmas! Do you watch A Goofy Movie? I was inspired by one of the songs played there. Hence, the title. 😊

P.S Trust me, it’s only dramatic at the start. Maybe?

P.P.S We’re time traveling to the 90’s on this one. I suggest anyone who’s going to read this must play the given song in every scene to get a much more feel to it.

P.P.P.S This revolves around music, love, and friendship.

Italic- Youngjae’s thoughts/ flashbacks, or singing.

Bold- Music lyrics.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Eye to Eye
 

Part 1: Powerline? Powerline.

Past:

It was a trauma.

All he could hear was cruelty, pain, and suffering. The yelling of his fellow cadets as they suffer in unity. All he could remember was his muscles twisting and turning, giving their all to complete a cruel obstacle and task. His bones breaking and finally fractured, but he still forced himself to rise up. The shootings and explosions, and not one of them allowed to make a move. The abusive and merciless atmosphere that he had to suffer in. His body giving all its got, but it’s still not enough for their commander. He was abused, yelled at, tormented, and broken.

All he could remember was their cruel, cruel commander who gave them nothing but pain and sufferings. No mercy, no retreat, no love, no care. His face was stoic and cold like no other, he was heartless. Heartless. Heartless. Heartless. He abused his body, not caring if he was injured or hurt. After all, it was a military training. It only lasted for a month, but it scarred his whole life.

After leaving the base, instead of coming home to a smile, he came home wearing a few casts, bandages, a brace, and on a wheelchair. He was silent, broken inside, those memories implanted into his heart and mind. The abuse, the abuse, the abuse. No one could understand the abuse.

A few weeks passed, he wasn’t getting any better. He didn’t want to eat, drink, or even sleep. He gets panic attacks and tries to remove the cruel and bad memories from his head, he cries desperately, sobbing uncontrollably, begs for the thoughts to leave him. He can’t remember when was the last time he smiled or laughed. He yells at random moments, inaudible words and phrases.

He was sent to a psychiatrist, for treatment.

 

Choi Youngjae

Age: 19

Case(s)/ Diagnostics: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)

 

It held a lifetime record, marked his existence and life. The abuse and pain marked his life. He underwent through various therapies and sessions, to possibly heal him. But he knows that it will never be erased nor fade away, because it happened.

He found a music therapist.

And somehow, through the test of time and space, music found its way through his heart and mend some of it, some of it.

 

Present:

“Have you heard of the upcoming Powerline concert?”

“Yeah! It’s all over the town. It’s their first time having a concert again after their hiatus.”

“Yeah right, a hiatus that lasted for about five years.”

“Oh my God, my pager stopped working! How am I supposed to text my boyfriend?”

“Sister, you’ve got a real problem.”

The voices and conversations of his fellow schoolmates were bombarding him. It was not funny. Until he finally passed over the noisy alley and saw his friends hanging out in the locker area. Man, those track jackets looked good on them.

“Hey Jae! Come over here!” Jackson, one of his pals, yelled as if he was in another dimension. He walked closer to them and hi-fived one another.

“What’s up guys? It’s good to be back.” He smiled.

“We missed you, man. It’s good to see you now without a wheelchair and casts,” The oldest (and most handsome) hyung, Mark said and grinned at the younger.

“Sorry we couldn’t call or text you, man. Our pagers stopped working for some reason. And your parents won’t let us see you,” Another friend named Bambam said.

“The phone booths outside school weren’t working!” Yugyeom added.

He laughed, this time it was real. “It’s alright guys. Thanks for trying. What matters now is I’m back..for good.”

“Jae! You’re coming to the Powerline concert with us, right?” Jackson asked, excited and pumped up as the fellow guys smiled as well.

“Oh damn, Powerline’s having a concert here?”

“Hell yeah!”

“We’re the biggest bunch of Powerline fans and you don’t know?! I’m disappointed.”

“Youngjae! It’s a one-night-only! And besides, we already bought the tickets.” Mark winked at him and his jaw dropped.

“No way! How? Powerline’s a big thing here!”

“I have my connections, Jae.” Mark winked once more.

“So, are you up for it?” Bambam shouldered his hyung and asked.

“Hell yeah!”

As if on cue, the bell rang, startling the students. They all groaned in unison. A typical 90’s school setting, indeed.

“Well, see you later Jae!”

“Sure! I’ll see you guys later.”

And the four folks went on to their own classes, not knowing what’s stored for them.


 

Lunch time. As expected, one conversation led to another in the Crack household.

“And we can stay up late, talk about some manly and horror stories while eating waffles!”

“Or Twinkies?”

“Waffles!”

“Twinkies!”

“Waffles are better!”

“Twinkies remain superior!”

“WAFFLES!”

“TWINKIES!”

“WAFFLES!”

“PIZZA ROLLS!” Jackson jumped in, earning a facepalm from his friends.

“Hey guys, or should we just buy it all?” Youngjae suggested, done with all the bickering of his friends. “This is not worth arguing.”

“He’s right, we should just buy both,” Yugyeom said as all nodded in agreement.

“So should we play Mario Kart or Sonic?” Jackson broke the silence once again, starting another argument.

“Mario!”

“Sonic!”

“MARIO KART!”

“SONIC!”

“Oh boy, why am I friends with all of you again?”

“Because you love us!”

“Ew, I don’t love you!”

“Says who?”

“Says my cheeks, bastard.”

“Ew---”

“Soft and squishy!”

“I didn’t know you had an .”

“Come, let me show you.”

“Not here!”

Friends, you gotta love ‘em.

 

Part 2: Notion

Youngjae comes home late after completing a tiring group project. And it’s also the first time he’s ever felt free and so himself for once. Without casts or bandages, being in a wheelchair all around. He felt like a human.

He’s just glad all those days were over. Those days that he didn’t want to recall or remember. Those scarred his youth and he never wanted to look back on it again.

And right now, he’s happy. Because now he’s back on track, he’s with his pals again, and he’s going to the Powerline concert. He contemplates on the good things as he waits for the bus to arrive.

“I got myself in notion, one I know that you’ll understand.”

He looks up, startled.

“Set the world in motion, by reaching out for each other’s hand.”

He smiles. “Looks like someone’s singing a Powerline song,” he whispers to himself.

He looks around the shed, looking for the someone who’s softly singing the Powerline’s hit single.

“Maybe we’ll discover what we should’ve known all along.”

Someone was 5 meters away from Youngjae and facing away from him, wearing a hoodie and jogging pants as he softly sings.

“Huh, this guy has a good voice,” Youngjae says to himself.

“One way or another, together’s where we both belong.”

Youngjae joins in and they sing the same line together. This time, the stranger was the startled one. Youngjae grins.

“If we listen to each other’s hearts, we’ll find we’re never too far apart.”

They both harmonize unknowingly as the stranger faces away from him.

“And maybe love is the reason why, for the first time ever we’re seeing it eye to eye.”

“Uh hey, you got a good voice there,” Youngjae sheepishly calls out. “You’re a fan of Powerline too?”

The stranger finally looks at Youngjae.

But Youngjae freezes.

He knows that face all too well.

“You are not to speak, you are not to move, you are to follow everything that I say! I am your commander and you must follow everything that I command you to do! Am I understood?!”

“Yes, commander!”

“Are you even men?! I can’t hear you! AM I UNDERSTOOD?!”

“YES, COMMANDER!”

Commander.

The stranger speaks up, shyly smiling towards Youngjae. “Thanks. And yes, I like their music. Are you a fan of them too?”

The younger doesn’t know what to say. He has long forgotten his words now that the person who made his life a living hell and misery is sitting five meters away from him, smiling shyly and being all soft and cozy as if nothing happened years ago.

“Uh..umm..yeah, I am,” he stutters. It feels weird to Youngjae, it feels even more weird because---he doesn’t recognize Youngjae?

“That’s great. But not the kind of great that ‘wow you’re fan of powerline? That’s rare’ but the great that’s ‘wow it’s cool that you’re a fan of powerline because I am too.’ Uhhh am I talking too much?” The stranger(?) asks sheepishly, noticing Youngjae’s stunned expression.

“No, it’s alright,” he clarifies. “A-are you going to the Powerline concert?”

“Yes, I am!” He lights up at the question. “I wouldn’t miss their comeback concert! Are you going too?”

“I guess I am, with my friends.” Youngjae feels so uncomfortable right now. He just wants to find the nearest telephone booth and call his friends to pick him up.

“That’s awesome! I guess I’ll see you there.”

After the statement, they fall into an awkward silence. Youngjae just wants to bump his head into the cement track right now. “Of all people, why him?” he says to himself.

Where was his pager when he needed it?

“Goddamn, when will telecommunication devices be invented? Where you can send a message instantly. This ,” he whispers, not wanting this stranger (or his former commander) to hear anything.

A noisy sound of the engine cuts the silence off as the bus arrives the shed, and Youngjae hurriedly stands up and lines up at the entrance, not sparing a glance on the stranger. He just wants to get out of here quickly.

The door opens and just when he’s about to climb up and finally escape from his crisis..

Youngjae trips on his steps, very attractive and graceful. Have I mentioned that he fell face first on the hard metal steps? He can already feel the pain kicking in.

Oh, god. His friends are going to laugh at him.

“Oh , are you alright?” Someone with a deep voice hoists the younger up as he desperately tries to recover from the blow.

“What a great way to end the night, Jae,” he says to himself. He flinches as the pain finally kicks in. He probably looks like right now. “Now I even look more than .”

“Oh damn, you’re bleeding.” The stranger looks at him with concern. “Let’s take you to the hospital.”

“No!” he suddenly yells, startling himself and the other. “No, I mean you don’t have to. I’m alright.”

“You haven’t even seen yourself, man. You look..painful.” He frowns and Youngjae winces. “And your face is bleeding, that’s a first. I mean, seriously we should rush you to the hospital.”

“Okay I know it’s painful man, I feel it.” Youngjae can’t take the pain anymore. “You know what, I feel like my face is burning so just take me to a hospital or something.”

“I thought you’d never ask.” He winks at the younger and Youngjae rolls his eyes.

And the next thing he knew, he was scooped up and immediately led to the nearest clinic. Youngjae couldn’t complain.

“So, is he ever going to wake up?”

“What happened to Youngjae?”

“Okay, what did you do to him?!”

“I swear to God, if this breaks him.”

“I bet fifty bucks and he doesn’t remember anything.”

“And I thought we were just going to rent a movie in the shop. The Backstreet Boys are releasing their new song tonight!”

“Guys shut up, he’s waking up.”

“Thank God, he’s alive. I thought he’s never going to wake up just because of a damn—”

“Jackson SHUT UP!”

The first thing that Youngjae hears is the voices of his annoying friends, and the first things he feels is the throbbing pain throughout his face. Great, now I’m even more ugly than ever.

“JAEJAE! YOU’RE ALIVE!”

“JACKSON SHUT UP!”

Seriously, Jackson’s voice can sometimes annoy him.

“Jae, are you alright?” Mark’s calm and soft voice welcomes him. His hyung shifts closer to the younger. “You looked like you were murdered or something. What did this guy do?” He then points to the “stranger” in the corner. He felt accused, poor stranger.

“Yeah, what did he do? Should we beat him up, hyung?” Bambam cracks his fists and glares at the poor accused stranger.

Youngjae feels like he’s having a migraine from all the happening. “No, he didn’t do anything. He was actually the one who rushed me here.”

“Okay. What happened to you anyway?” Yugyeom asks.

“I tripped as I was climbing the stairs of the bus. I fell face first.”

“You’re an idiot!”

“Seriously man, can you get any clumsier?”

“I thought you had a fight with someone..”

“Okay guys, shut up. My head’s aching for some reason. It’s finally reacting to my clumsiness.” Youngjae closes his eyes and he felt like dying.

“So..what is your name, Youngjae’s Knight and shining armor?” Jackson scoots closer to the disoriented stranger (who is actually his former commander who is also very hot and attractive as hell) and winks at him.

“He’s not my knight and shining armor!” The clumsy idiot retorts from his bed.

“Uh, my name is Im Jaebeom. But you can call me Jaebeom.” He smiles softly at all of them. Then after that, his friends introduced themselves one by one.

Youngjae freezes for the second time that night.

It is true.

He’s Youngjae’s commander.

But at the same time, Youngjae thinks he’s not.

“B-but, h-h-how? W-why? H-how?” he whispers at himself. He has a lot of questions to ask but he can’t seem to open his mouth. “I-im s-so confused!”

“When you smile, you have no eyes Jaebeom-sshi,” Bambam points out.

“You’re right, Bam!” Yugyeom exclaims.

“Yeah, it’s cute!” Jackson laughs.

Jaebeom laughs quietly. “Yeah, it’s true. But I can still see, don’t worry.”

Why is he so calm and kind? What the ? Where was the commander Jaebeom that I knew? Where is he? Does he even remember me as one of the cadets? Does he even know that he made my youth a living hell?

With all Youngjae’s thoughts, his head hurts a little more.

“By the way, thanks for taking care of our Jaejae right here.” Mark gives a pat to Jaebeom and the latter scratches the back of his head in bashfulness.

“No problem, it’s a pleasure.”

“When am I gonna get out of here?” Youngjae groans, breaking the silence of the hospital room that they are in.

“Well you still look like , man.”

“Thanks Jackson, I appreciate it.”

“The Doctor said that you can be discharged tonight. You must be extra careful next time and not trip again. And take care of your face,” Mark informs the poor younger.

“But seriously, you look like you had a boxing session with Muhammad Ali,” Jackson comments, earning a laugh from Jaebeom and a punch from Mark.

Should I say thank you to him? I mean..he did save my life for some reason, I guess. But still! I don’t know man. In front of my embarrassing friends, no way! He looks sweet, kind, and soft--- What the hell! He’s your commander Choi Youngjae! You must not think of such absurd things. He scarred your youth, broke most of your bones! But still, and he’s not gay! Well he likes Powerline and he sings so well and he looks like a total gentleman today—STOP!

No Youngjae, stop it. It’s wrong. He didn’t change. Maybe it was his façade. You can’t dwell to such things.

“Sooo..Jaebeom-sshi.” Youngjae starts to speak up and all eyes are directed towards him.

Jaebeom looks at him with anticipated eyes and a soft grin and Youngjae is struck. “Yes, Youngjae-sshi?”

“Um..thanks for saving me. I mean, thanks for helping me and taking me here and dealing with my bratty attitude when I thought I didn’t need any help but I knew that I desperately needed it—Okay I’m rambling but you get my point.” Youngjae was rambling and looks anywhere but at Jaebeom. “Just whatever, thank you okay?”

The older laughs and Youngjae catches that smile again. “No problem, it’s a pleasure.”

Okay that smile, that ing smile.

Meanwhile, Youngjae’s friends are gushing and smiling like complete idiots.

“Okay, cut! That was a great scene from our two protagonists!” Mark is smiling from ear to ear.

“Should we create a ship name or what?” Bambam suggests to Yugyeom and they both laugh.

“This is the first time that I’ve seen Youngjae so shy and embarrassed. Our cute otter!” Jackson comes closer and pinches the younger’s cheeks.

“Shut up guys!” Youngjae throws his pillows to god-knows-who as he hides his embarrassment.

Youngjae doesn’t know where this will lead him to.

 

A few days passed since Youngjae’s accident, and the Crack household has something in store of them once more, with the help of Jackson ing Wang.

“You did what?!” They all screamed (minus Jackson) in unison, catching the attention of the numerous students in the cafeteria. Yes, they were that loud.

“Relax, I just scheduled an appointment for a fortune teller.” The Chinese blonde tries to calm his fellow crackheads.

“This is what happens when you have a friend who’s Chinese,” Yugyeom annoyingly mutters. “You get forced into this feng shui that he has here.”

“Hey! It’s our yearly tradition!” Jackson yells back, smacking the giant maknae.

“Jackson, you didn’t have to necessarily include us in your psychic beliefs,” Youngjae calmly comments but inside he’s mad and panicking and currently planning how to kill Jackson and how to plan his funeral--

“But guys, you need to have your fortunes told. What if, Mark hyung isn’t really destined to be handsome? What if he has a curse? He’s a prince who has a curse bestowed upon hi---”

“Are you done talking, Jiaer?” Mark cuts him off, sick of all the banters.

“---him. Or what if Bambam’s destiny is to become a fashionista! He was meant to change the generation of today’s fashion. I’m sick of track jackets, windbreakers, or colorful socks to be honest.”

“OKAY, OKAY. We’ll have our fortunes told. Just stop talking please.” Bambam facepalms. He’s stressed, very stressed.

“Sure! I can totally do that. I am perfectly capable of being silent and behave---”

“Jackson!” They all hissed in unison. Friends, you gotta hate ‘em.

Yugyeom sipped his choco shake, helpless. “So what should we do now? Get our fortunes told? I mean, I already know that I’m a vessel of bad luck man.”

Youngjae elbowed the table, bored. “We have no choice, and we have to fulfill this bastard’s tradition and culture every year.” He points at Jackson, who keeps quiet.

“When did you schedule the appointment, Jacks?” Mark stuffs a french fry inside his mouth.

“This afternoon.” Jackson lights up, after giving a chance to speak.

A spilled juice, curses, and some splashes of water here and there.

“What?!”

Their distressed voices echoed throughout the cafeteria.

 

Friends, you gotta hate ‘em.

 

“Getting one’s fortune told is actually a big deal, right?” Mark asks the gang as they walk to the fortune teller’s place.

“Duh, we’re in the 90’s. People’s mindset is still as innocent and foolish,” Youngjae replies.

“Like you.” Yugyeom snorts, earning a smack from the latter.

“Your windbreaker and faded pants says otherwise.”

“Your flannel is hugging your muscles.”

“Those suspenders are bothering me, loosen it up a bit.”

“Aren’t y’all sick of stripes?”

“Guys, shut up! We’re here!” Jackson calls the attention of his friends as they stand in front of the place. “And look, the title is amazing!”

Your psychic who is much better than your superhero.

“So help me God..” Bambam silently prays.

They all enter the place, and the first thing they see is a dark curtain covering the entire place, and a dream catcher. Not too intimidating, but it was quiet.

“Madame! It’s Jiaer! And I have my friends with me!” He yells, echoing the entire place.

“Currently disowning you as our friend..” Mark mutters. “You shouldn’t be too loud.”

A woman speaks up out of nowhere. “Silence, Jackson. Your voice radiates much disturbing energy.” The dark curtain is suddenly opened and an old woman is seen wearing…normal clothing.

“Not to intrude madam but I was quite expecting something more exotic clothing,” Yugyeom speaks up, sheepish. The fellow boys nodded in agreement.

She softly laughs. “You don’t have to wear weird clothing and have your place weirdly decorated for people to know that you’re a real fortune teller.”

“Touche.”

“Come in, boys. We’ll take care of things later.” She opens the curtain even wider, so the boys can come in.

A round desk with a few cards and small crystal ball is all they see. With several chairs surrounding it. The place is once again covered in dark cloth. Two lightbulbs are only present in the room.

“This isn’t so bad..” Youngjae comments as they all sit down.

“Jackson’s tastes aren’t so bad after all,” Bambam mutters.

“Hey chopstick! Are you saying that my tastes are my bad?!” Jackson shrieks.

“Currently shutting up, Wang.”

They all settled down as the Madame sits down across them.

“So, first let me introduce myself. I’m Madame Jiyoung, I’ve been the fortune teller of the Wang Family for as long as I can remember. I oversee what fate or what lies within their generation. I see what the destiny of each individual would be. I can tell their energy and color and that plays a big factor to know their fate.” She rolls her eyes. “Basically I do what a fortune teller is supposed to do. By the way you can just call me noona. I may look old but I don’t want to be called as one.”

Seeing no response from the young boys, she settles down several cards on the table. “So, who should I start with?” She asks.

The five crackheads look at each other with knowing looks.

They play a game of rock-paper-scissors.

Madame Jiyoung is bewildered.

“Ha! Chopstick lost!” Jackson laughs while Mark elbows him painfully.

“Okay, pick a card, young man.” She shows him five cards. And Bambam reluctantly picks the third one and gives it to her. She shows the card to them and an image of money was shown.

“I will oversee your fate in terms of wealth. Hold my hand.” She holds out her hand and Bambam takes it. She looks straight into his eyes as if she’s seeing something, she’s focused. The fellow boys watch in awe.

“I can see a red, yellow, and orange energy. You are very active most of the time, you like to be a socialite, be in parties, and just living the good life,” Jiyoung looks straight into his eyes as she comments. The boys nodded in agreement.

“You will be rich someday, extremely rich. You will be the breadwinner of your family, you will be an owner of fifty restaurants, your wealth will never go down. Instead it will prosper ‘till the next generation. You will be successful if you work hard. Don’t focus on the negative energy for the active energy of yours is what keeps you going. Remember that.” She lets go of his hand and Bambam is amazed.

“Wow, I’m going to be rich!” He exclaims.

The rest of the boys are speechless, not knowing what lies beyond them.

A few “fortune-telling” later, Youngjae is the last one to be overseed.

 

“Hello.” She smiles. Youngjae smiles back. “I can already feel a positive energy within you.”

She shows the five cards to the younger. “Pick a card, my child.” Youngjae picks a card and gives it to her. She smiles brightly and shows a card with a heart image on it.

The rest of his friends were crazy.

“Omygod JAE!”

“Finally! Some interesting stuff!”

“I’m so excited for you, hyung!”

Meanwhile, the younger is still confused and turns to Jiyoung who is obviously excited. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Young man, take my hand.” She holds Youngjae’s hand and closes her eyes, calming herself down, before opening it again to smile at the younger and inform him. “I’m going to oversee your love life, young man.”

“What?!” He yells. “I’m not ready for that yet!”

“I know that you are.” She winks at him.

“You can do it, hyung!”

“I’m so proud of our cute otter!”

His friends were silenced, and Jiyoung closes her eyes once again to focus and calm herself. She opens her eyes and looks at Youngjae and gives him the most serious expression.

“You have been wounded, you were broken, you were traumatized. But someone will show its presence and find your way back into love. That someone will not be there to protect you from the storms of life but he will be with you through it. He will stay with you, both of you will learn from each other. Both of you will bring the best out of each other. Something changed the both of you to be what you are now, and something will also happen to conspire the both of you. A love so beautiful, that’s what I want to call it.”

The deafening silence.

Youngjae cannot believe what is happening.

She immediately lights up. “The one meant for you will show its presence in the Powerline concert that five of you will be going in. The most unexpected person, at the most unexpected time.”

They all gasp.

Mark covers his mouth, Jackson freezes, Bambam opens his mouth, and Yugyeom is flabbergasted. And Youngjae? Well he’s doomed.

“Is that it?” He asks, more than shocked. As if he was electrocuted.

She smiles softly. “I will give you a hint, or a clue. The person who hurt you before will be one who will piece you back again and mold you into a whole new person. Music found its way into your heart, and music will once again find its way back into each other’s arms.”

“And Youngjae will see him in the Powerline concert? Holy .” Their eyes widened in realization.

“This Saturday..” Mark mutters from behind.

“Cue Britney Spears music.” Jackson snorts and the other’s are close to smacking him.

Youngjae can’t seem to comprehend what’s happening right now. He’s stuck in a loop.

 

Part 2: Sometimes

When Youngjae’s stuck, he listens to music. A few days after they got their fortune told, they went on their several errands. Christmas vacation is coming up, so a lot of schoolworks are given to them. They haven’t seen his other friends for a while now, and he misses them already. They agreed to meet again this Saturday, in the Powerline concert.

Right now, he’s in his room, listening to local music. He totally didn’t steal his sister’s cassette and cassette player. The first thing he hears is Material Girl by Madonna. “A classic.” He smiles.

“You know we’re living in a material world, and I am a material girl.” He sings along to Madonna while acting like a girl. Music can really change Youngjae.

The chorus comes again and he dances like a ‘material girl.’ “Living in a material world, and I am a material girl.”

After a few hair flips and girly singing, the song ends and the cassette player plays Wannabe by Spice Girls. He laughs and remembers him and Jackson singing along to this song hysterically like young girls. He skips and moves on to the next song, which was Uptown Girl by Billy Joel.

After a few singing, dancing, and songs later he feels happy and giddy again. “Music is really the language of the soul.”

But what is the language of his heart?

 

The last song of the cassette is left unplayed.

 

It was just like any other movie, or drama.

It was raining that night. And he had no umbrella.

Youngjae was just waiting at the shed, cold and freezing. He had to get home, he wasn’t supposed to get sick.

It was a Friday. And tomorrow night is the Powerline concert.

The raindrops continue to fall on the ground, leaving Youngjae no choice but to wait until the rain has stopped.

“This wasn’t according to plan, I wasn’t supposed to go home this time of hour. Curse our teachers for making us stay until night,” He curses, feeling so helpless. “I might as well sleep here until the rain stops.”

And so he did, thinking about the concert tomorrow and prays to the gods that he doesn’t get sick tomorrow.

“This night can’t get any worse,” he mutters annoyingly before going into his slumber.


 

“Excuse me?”

He didn’t expect a deep voice, okay? A creepy, deep, and heart-pounding voice.

Youngjae jolts, alive, awake, and shocked. “Oh, you scared me!” He freezes, and was about to unleash his karate moves.

“I-I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.” The deep voice softly states.

The younger opens his eyes and sees the one that he didn’t expect to see, at all.

“Jaebeom-sshi?” Youngjae looks at him, eyes widened.

The older laughs softly. “Yes, it’s me.” He looked a little wet, but in a hot way.

“What are you doing here? It’s raining outside,” the younger asks as Jaebeom sits beside him.

“I should be the one asking you that. What’s a cute guy doing in a middle of a rainy night?” Jaebeom throws the question back to Youngjae.

He called me cute.

“Our professor dismissed us late since it’s almost Christmas break, and we had to do a lot of requirements. And now it’s raining, and I have no umbrella.” Youngjae frowns. “What about you?” He turns to the older and the older looks at Youngjae.

“You see, I have a job—”

Youngjae ungracefully cuts him off. “You have a job?!”

Oh , he has a job other than being a commander and a supreme strict leader. Great.

“Oh, I’m sorry for cutting you off. I was just surprised.”

Jaebeom laughs for the 349839th time. “It’s alright. And yes, I have a job. I work as a composer and producer.”

And with that information, Youngjae backs aways from the professional hyung.

“No, no, no it’s not like that. I’m not that famous. I don’t really want to be famous. It’s no big deal. I just write and compose songs, Youngjae-sshi.” He clarifies.

“That’s the same thing!” Youngjae exclaims.

“But I’m not bragging about it! What do you think I should call myself other than that? ‘A person who composes and writes songs’?” He raises an eyebrow.

“I think you should. Now I feel even more conscious around you, Jaebeom-sshi.” The younger jokingly distances himself from the other, until he sees the older’s frown.

Youngjae then moves closer to him and elbows him softly. “Hey, I was just kidding. It doesn’t define who you are. I was kidding.”

It doesn’t define who you are.

He thinks back on what he said.

Meanwhile, Jaebeom smiles. “I’m relieved. I thought you were real conscious being around with me for a second.”

“Nah, it’s just you’re a composer. I mean, composers these days are a big thing. Am I right?” Youngjae asks.

“It’s not as a big thing as you think. It’s pretty hard being one. But it’s my passion to write songs, and to sing as well. It helps me express myself. I don’t feel like I’m working, but I feel the pressure.” As Jaebeom was talking about his career, Youngjae could feel comfort in his voice. It was smooth, and warm.

Is the real Im Jaebeom that I knew? I..I don’t want to believe it.

“We’re both on the same page then. Music can really change who we are.” Youngjae contemplates. He could feel Jaebeom nodding beside him.

“Music really helped me more than I could imagine. Like, it’s possible. It mended me from everything, from me, and made me into a whole new person. It changed me.” Jaebeom reveals while wearing a nonchalant face as Youngjae stares at him, in awe.

“Music healed me. It healed me from my mental sickness, it helped me stay up on that rise. When I’m sad, I just listen to music and I’m happy again. It really changes me to a better person unknowingly. It helped me rise up again,” the younger says, looking straight forward, he sighs in content.

Little did he know, Jaebeom was staring at him in awe, it screamed soft in all aspects. “Looks like we have something in common, Youngjae-sshi.”

“I think we do, Jaebeom-sshi.” Youngjae turns to Jaebeom and they lock eyes, sharing the same thought.

“I want to spend more time with you.”

 

“Hmmm..favorite food?”

“Is strawberry milk counted?”

“Pretty much. Your turn.”

“Favorite pet?”

“Dog! I have a dog, her name’s Coco. You should meet her.”

“Sorry, Jae. I’m allergic to dog’s fur.”

“She doesn’t shed that much fur, don’t worry.”

“That’s a relief.”

“Favorite tv show?”

“Simpsons all the way.”

“You’re pretty weird, man.”

“I get that all the time.”

Time check: 1AM

They’re at a convenient store, and they’re the only ones inside. The both men have been enjoying each other’s company. Just laughing, talking about random stuff, and sharing various things. The rain has long stopped but their conversation hasn’t.

It was good.

Jaebeom sipped his strawberry milk. “Favorite song?”

“Man, that’s hard.” Youngjae chuckles. “You know that I don’t have a favorite song.”

“Well..” The older puts on his thinking face (it was endearing to see.) “Think about your favorite song at the moment, at this time I mean.”

The younger smiles, thinking a song that would fit this moment.

Being with him.

Being with someone I never knew I could be with at 1 in the morning.

He looks at Jaebeom and the latter looks at Youngjae in anticipation. Slowly, a smile creeps on both their faces. “Why are you staring at, Youngjae?” he asks with no mixed jokes.

“I should be the one asking that, Jaebeom.” The younger whispers back. Then Jaebeom retracts from the moment, laughing softly. The laugh that makes Youngjae want to stop and just listen to it.

Then suddenly, a certain tune comes in his mind.

“Sometimes..” Youngjae says.

“What do you mean?”

“Sometimes by Britney Spears. My favorite song now.” He slowly smiles and raises his head. “Yeah, that’s my favorite song.”

For a second, Jaebeom furrows his eyebrows. And when he realizes what the song is, his expression soften and his eyes are laid on Youngjae’s. “Me too, actually.”

“Really now? Because?” The younger trails off, smiling cheekily.

“Because..” Jaebeom pretends he’s thinking. “Because..”

“Because what? Jaebum-sshi?” Youngjae grins, smiling teasingly at the older.

“Because it’s your favorite song now.” The older realizes what he said and turns to the younger. “So now it’s my favorite song.”

“We aren’t so loyal to Powerline after all,” Youngjae teases, sipping his favorite citrus juice. But inside, he’s all so soft and vulnerable.

“It was just in this moment. I like Stand Out the most in the Powerline album.”

“Eye to eye is better. I like Eye to Eye.”

“I guess we both have our own tastes.” Jaebeom winks at him, earning a blush from Youngjae. He doesn’t need to know that.

The younger stops and think about tonight. “I..I don’t want this night to end.”

The other didn’t speak for a while. The latter guessed he was thinking about something.

Youngjae looked straight ahead, contemplating.

1am thoughts? Well..he’s not the same guy I knew before. He’s different. He told me that music changed him. Music changed me as well. Music changed the both of us? Coincidence? I don’t know.

I want to forget everything that had happened in the past. I want to try again. I want to discover more of him.

But..will we see each other again?

The fortune teller said about my soulmate. Why do we need to have soulmates? I mean, what’s the point of it? Can’t we just choose who we want to love? Why did I even agreed to get my fortune told?! I should’ve just bailed.

But looking at Jaebeom-hyung, I..I..I feel comfortable around him. Is that a good thing?

“Penny for your thoughts?” He broke the silence and looked at Youngjae, anticipating. “You looked so troubled, are you alright?” With a tint of concern.

He always asks if I’m alright. Stop being so gentleman-y. I hate it! Or do I?

“I’m alright. Are you?” The younger elbowed the table, asking calmly, with a tint of smile grazing his smile as he looks at the older.

Surprisingly, the convenient store softly plays Sometimes by Britney Spears through the record player, catching the both by surprise.

“It’s your favorite song,” Jaebeom states, showing the smile that Youngjae has grown liking of.

“It’s our favorite song,” he clarifies, showing a shy smile. The older smiles back.

You tell me you’re in love with me

Like you can’t take your pretty eyes away from me.

While listening to the song, he could feel Jaebeom’s bright eyes directed towards him.

It’s not that I don’t want to stay

But everytime you come too close I move away.

Youngjae mouths the words, and eventually sees the deep meaning within it. This night, or day rather..has been amazing.

I wanna believe in everything that you say

‘Cause it sounds so good.

But if you really want me, move slow

There’s things about me you just have to know.

The chorus enters and the two men look at each other, smiling so brightly their eyes are not seen.

Sometimes I run

Sometimes I hide

Sometimes I’m scared of you.

As if the song was written for Youngjae, he could sense that the lyrics were meant for his feelings to a certain someone. Youngjae looks at that certain someone and they sing along carelessly to the song.

But all I really want is to hold you tight

Treat you right

Be with you day and night

Baby, all I need is time.

They sigh in content as the chorus ends. The song continues to play, and it’s just like they’re in a movie. It felt right, for some reason.

“Will we see each other again?” The younger asks, with a tint of hope in his voice.

“Do you believe that we will see each other again?” The latter gives the question back to him, a voice with a tint of hope as well.

“Yes,” he says boldly but softly.

One word is all it takes.

To bring a smile to the latter’s face.

As if on cue, the last chorus of Sometimes blows up, sealing the moment of the two hopeful people.

“Then we will see each other again, believe in it,” he says, with much encouragement.

“Do you believe?” Youngjae asks, hopeful.

“I have never been more brave and bolder to say that I do, Jae-ah.” He looks at the younger with much conviction and boldness, but you could see the desire and want.

“I’m glad, Jaebeom.” Another smile.

“I’m sad that it has to end like this.” The other laughs weakly, obviously showing sadness.

“It won’t end.” Youngjae insists. “This is not the end. Hopefully..” he trails off.

He didn’t know where he got the courage, but he slowly reached for the other’s hand, holding it as if it were his own. The older slightly flinched at the sudden contact, but didn’t retract his hand.

It was soft, and warm. Just like him. It felt good and comforting.

“This is not the end, Jaebeom.”

Youngjae just wishes that he could believe in his own words.

The night (or day) ended with two hopeful people making not a promise, but a declaration rather.

Serving as a hope and dedication to the other.

Eventually.

 

If it’s meant to be, then it will be.

 

Youngjae didn’t get any sleep that day.

“Curse fortune tellers for making things complicated.”

“I mean seriously, have you seen the look on his face? He looked so sad when we were about to part.” He sighs, as he lied down on his mattress in the bedroom.

He was in a daze, flashbacking all the things they did in a span of one night. The comfort he felt around the older. He just couldn’t forget about it.

“Youngjae..” The older broke the silence.

“Yes?”

“Are you afraid of me?”

“…”

“I remember you now.”

“You do? H-h-how?” He stuttered, he couldn’t believe it.

“I just do.. I’m sorry, Jae.” The other had his head down low. “I shouldn’t be here with you. I don’t deserve it.”

“But Beommie, it was in the past. We were both wounded.”

“But it’s not fair!” He exclaimed, startling them both. “I hurt you!”

“It was your job to hurt us, commander Im.” Youngjae held his shoulder, comforting the other.

“No! Don’t say that. Don’t mention that ever again.” It was the first time Youngjae saw Jaebeom so angry and regretful of himself. “I didn’t want that, I didn’t want to be like that.”

“What’s important now is we’re both here, together. And we survived each other’s battle,” he said softly. “I’ve already moved on and forgave you. And you should forgive yourself.”

“I..I can’t..not when I know that I’ve hurt you.” Jaebeom covered his face in his hands, devastated.

He could feel his heart breaking for the person in front of him.

He hugged him. The other immediately reciprocated the embrace, sharing each other’s warmth.

“Commander Im.”

“Jae, don’t say that name please,” he pleads.

“Commander Im.”

“Whenever you say that, I remember all the things that I did—” His voice turned desperate.

“Commander Im.”

“Youngjae, please—”

“Commander Im, learn how to forgive, for Cadet Choi has long forgiven you.”

He didn’t reply, so Youngjae continued. “Cadet Choi has always known that you’ve changed. So please..forgive yourself, for me?”

The older remained silent, burying his face in the younger’s shoulder, inhaling his scent. The latter meanwhile caressed his soft and silky brunette hair, locking his fingers into it.

“I…I can’t…” he muttered. “I remember everything that I did. It’s ugly.”

Youngjae doesn’t know what to do anymore.

So he sings.

“Sometimes I run, sometimes I hide.” He sings softly as the other gasps, tightening his hold to the latter. “Sometimes I’m scared of you..”

“But all I really want is to hold you tight, treat you right.” Jaebeom joins along and they both harmonize. “Be with you day and night..”

Youngjae sings the lyrics as if he was saying the words to the older, to calm and soothe him. “Jaebeom needs to know that I’ve forgiven him, that it’s okay.” He tells to himself.

The hug is the only thing that gives warmth to the once wounded souls in this dark and cold night.

“Let go of the past, hyung.”

After the flashback, Youngjae picks up the cassette player from his table and plays the remaining song in his sister’s playlist, hoping that it would comfort and calm him.

It was Sometimes by Britney Spears.

“For hell’s sake! Really now? Are you kidding me?” He gently throws the player on the bed. “Is this the universe’s way of telling me that Jaebeom’s really the one?! Huh? Is that it?”

He just realized what he said. “Ohmygod. Is it really? Or is it just coincidence? It’s not possible, right?” He picks up the cassette player and looks at it. “Are you playing with me right now?”

“I don’t believe in the destiny shiz but really? Sometimes by Britney Spears? My favorite song? Our favorite song? Are you kidding me? Is he really the one?” He yells in exasperation. He must be looking like an idiot right now for talking to god-knows-who.

“There’s only one way to find out..” he stands up and opens his closet.

The Powerline concert.

It’s tonight.

 

“This is what happens when you lost your pager..” Youngjae arrives at the concert venue and the place is packed.

“Omygod! I’m going to see Powerline!”

“Sis, this is it! I wish I could hold his hand, he looks so dreamy gosh.”

“Move out of the way! No. 1 fan coming through!”

“Is it really this noisy and crowded here?” he says to himself, tired and irritated as he joins the crowd in entering the hall. “Where are they?! They told me that we’re going to see each other at the entrance. This place is packed!”

“So many people are here ew, are they even real fans of Powerline?”

“I want Powerline to take my leg warmers!”

“I’m claustrophobic for hell’s sake!” He yells and gives up in joining with the large crowd and attempts to get out of it.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” A random fan asked Youngjae. He was about to reply kindly.

“You idiot! It means he’s afraid of Santa Clause. Can’t you get any more brainless?” Another stranger that Youngjae assumes to be her friend replies, smacking her friend.

Youngjae is speechless and furrows his eyebrows.

That was unnecessary to begin with.

“Enough of that, my mission is to find my idiotic friends. This is what happens when we don’t have any means of communication.” He snaps out of it and successfully gets out of the large and suffocating crowd. His patience is slowly running out.

 

“Youngjae! There you are!”

Youngjae immediately turns his head to the voice and almost faints in relief.

“Mark-hyung! You’re here!”

Mark walks closer to the younger and pats his head. “I’m glad I found you. We were looking for you! I mean, I am looking for you. The others are at the hotdog stand near the sidewalk. They didn’t want to join in the large crowd.”

“I’m glad, Mark-hyung. I thought I was all alone, thanks for thinking about me.” He smiles at his hyung. The other ruffles his hair.

“No problem, kiddo! Let’s go to the others and finally have some hotdogs!”

“Yeah, hotdogs sound good.”

 

“I will give you a hint, or a clue. The person who hurt you before will be one who will piece you back again and mold you into a whole new person. Music found its way into your heart, and music will once again find its way back into each other’s arms.”

 

The words of the fortune teller filled his mind as they finally entered the hall (after some hotdog madness.) He entered the hall with a frown and a heavy heart, and his hyung noticed that.

They were walking to the coliseum and Mark walked with him. “Jae-ah, are you alright?” He asked with concern and worry filling his features.

The younger sighed, feeling blue. “I don’t know hyung.”

The older looked at him, convincing. “Is this about what Madam Jiyoung said?”

“I’m worried, I’m just worried. I-I’m scared.” He held Mark’s hand for support. “What if the person doesn’t like me, or what if we don’t match each other? I-I’m worried.” Or what if the person is not what I want? What’s if it’s not him?

The hyung smiled, holding his dongsaeng’s hand for comfort. “The universe decides who you’re gonna meet, but where will it lead is going to be your choice. Where will it lead for you and who you’re going to meet? Don’t worry. It all boils down who you’re going to be with forever.”

“Maybe the fortune teller’s wrong, maybe. But it’s up to you to decide your own fate and destiny. By the choices that you’re going to make. Sometimes you make choices in life, and sometimes choices make you. Remember that, dongsaeng?”

A smile slowly grazed in the younger’s face as he takes in his hyung’s words. “I shouldn’t be afraid?”

“It’s up to you, Jae. Expect the unexpected. Greatest things come in the most unexpected time.” He winked at his dongsaeng. “Maybe you’ll meet your destiny here.”

“I’ll just enjoy the concert or something. But I don’t know hyung, how I wish.” He sighs in relief.

“Just believe, have a heart that is hopeful and who believes.”

“GUYS! WE’RE HERE!!! THE CONCERT’S PACKED!!” Jackson’s loud and booming voice startles the entire gang, cutting their conversation. Their eyes are focused on the large coliseum.

 

It starts with the crowd giving their loudest cheers, the lights grazing the entire the coliseum, and finally, the smooth and hyped voice of Powerline explodes throughout the entire venue.

The first song comes up and it was Stand Out, a classic favorite. A song that you can dance and sing carelessly to. The crowd sings and dances along as Powerline gives his signature moves up on the stage, the crowd never dies down.

“Are you having fun, folks?!” Powerline, the man of the hour, calls out.

“YESSS!” And a series of screaming and cheers were heard.

Meanwhile, the gang dances along and sings on the top of their lungs.

Jackson is lipsynching perfectly and doing all sorts of adlibs.

Bambam and Yugyeom are copying and at the same time freestyling to Powerline with style.

Mark is singing but screaming at the same time, feeling the songs, so unusual for the quiet hyung.

Youngjae is singing on the top of his lungs, not even hearing his own voice because of the crowd surrounding him. “This is the life!”

“I know right!” Jackson yells to him while jamming to the song, he decided to dance along the two younger dorks.

Stand Out is Jaebeom’s favorite Powerline song. Is he here right now?

Youngjae could feel the energy and the crowd’s power in singing the song. This is what he came for, music. The power is evident and extravagant. The name’s Powerline after all.

 

A few songs were played and everyone’s energy never seem to run out, it’s amazing. The lights continue to decorate the venue and Powerline’s battery never seem to minimize.

“Are y’all still up for more songs?!”

A hundred, thousand, and million screams were heard after his question.

The audience eventually died down as Powerline went on to his slower and smoother songs, serenading the whole crowd, catching the hearts of women (and a few men.)

“I’d go gay for Powerline in any day..” Bambam proclaims, startling his gang.

“Seriously man?” Yugyeom asks, in to which the latter nods.

“I’m not surprised because I’d go gay for the guy too, he’s amazing,” Jackson simply says, as if it was the most normal thing to say.

“I’m not denying anything.” Mark blushes and Youngjae laughs.

Yugyeom is stuck in a loop hole.

“Well he is amazing..” he says in a matter-of-fact tone.

 

Fantalks, songs, jamming, and dancing passed.

The concert was about to end.

Almost three hours have passed, they didn’t keep track of time.

Youngjae freezes. “It’s about to end? No!”

No, it can’t end. It’s not supposed to end. I’m still going to see someone..someone I don’t know. W-w-w-what’s the point anyway? I don’t even know who I’m going to see. Is this fortune teller fooling me? Is Mark-hyung fooling me? Is the universe fooling me?

Mark pats his back and gives him the most comforting smile. “Jae, if it’s meant to be, it will be.”

I don’t understand. I don’t understand anything.

The younger sits down, tired. “Stop fooling and making things hard for me.”

And then Powerline speaks up, startling the entire crowd. “Attention, folks!”

The crowd screams in response. The gang is confused for a minute, they thought it was about to end.

“Someone requested to play Sometimes by Britney Spears in my concert, isn’t that disrespectful?” Powerline laughs jokingly, the crowd laughs along. Youngjae raises an eyebrow. “Just kidding, it was requested by a friend of mine who’s looking for someone. And he said that it was his favorite song. Do y’all know this song?!”

His world freezes, his entire mind, heart, and soul, his body freezes.

As if time stopped.

“Jaebeom?” he softly mutters as his whole body is not functioning well in shock. “Could it be you?” he mumbles with a tint of hope. “Is it you?”

Meanwhile, the audience cheered loudly. I mean, who doesn’t know and love Britney Spears?

Jaebeom’s a producer, he has connections. Could it be him? I want it to be you, please. I want it to be you so badly. I want it to be you and me.

His legs are wobbly, he’s melting. Choi Youngjae doesn’t know what to do.

The song starts and Youngjae feels like its 1AM all over again.

You tell me you’re in love with me

Like you can’t take your pretty eyes away from me.

It’s not that I don’t want to stay

But everytime you come too close I move away.

He closes his eyes and feels the song and the crowd sings along, it was beautiful.

I want to believe in everything that you say

‘Cause it sounds so good

But if you really want me, move slow

There’s things about me you just have to know---

“Youngjae?” A deep and an all-too-familiar voice speaks up.

He turns around.

It was a young man in his 20’s, brunette hair, wearing a blue flannel with a white shirt inside, faded pants and worn out rubber shoes, standing less than five meters away from him. He looked tired from running, but a soft and hopeful smile is plastered on his face. Finally, he holds a single flower.

“Jaebeom?” He calls out softly. “Is it really you?”

The older moves closer, his smile widening. “Yeah, yeah Youngjae. It’s me.”

It’s like they’re in a movie, their song playing, being sung by the crowd, as if time stopped for the two of them. Jaebeom shyly gives the flower to him, he takes it with a smile softly grazing his face.

“You really took advantage of being a producer, huh?” Youngjae brings the flower closer to its face, inhaling the sweet and addicting scent.

He put on his fake thinking face once more. “Hm, maybe just a little bit.” They both laugh in unison.

After the laughter died down, Youngjae bites his lip. “I still can’t believe it’s you.”

“And I still can’t believe that I did this.” The older lets out a breathy laugh before looking into his sparkly eyes and turning serious. “But I did it for you.”

The younger blushes a slight pink. “I’m glad. I was hoping that it would be you.”

“Really?” He lights up. Jaebeom then gives Youngjae the look that makes him weak on his knees, a look that screamed love, hope, and joy. “I just can’t let last night be just last night. I wanted to see you again, Jae.”

“Thank you for believing.” The younger looks at the crowd and they’re still singing their favorite song.

“No, thank you.” The latter insists. “Thank you for forgiving me. Thank you for making me realize that I could forgive myself. That I could be better, better for you. You never fail to surprise me, Youngjae.”

“Actually, commander, you surprise me,” he teases, earning a slight groan from the other. “I never knew that a cold and stoic commander could be all soft and sweet. Character development, huh?”

“Only for you, Cadet Choi.” He grins.

His eyes widened, and they both laugh silently.

The last chorus comes in, and the crowd sings in unison. They couldn’t give more brighter and happier smiles to each other.

“So is this only for this night only, Commander Im?” he asks, giving a daring look.

“No, Cadet Choi.” Jaebeom moves closer to the younger, the latter not moving an inch. “This is for forever, if you’d accept it. If you’d accept me,” he whispers on Youngjae’s ear, sending shivers along with it. “Would you?”

Youngjae then moves closer to the older, since he cannot reach his ear, he looks up on him, and gives him the softest look. Jaebeom looks at him with much gentleness. “Only if you’d accept me as well.”

“Would you?”

Under his façade, Youngjae could feel the other’s heart beating, his eyes shining in warmth, sparkle, and splendor.


 

“Just say yes, Jaebeom-sshi!” A foreign voice startle them both, turning to the voice.

It was Jackson, and Youngjae’s other gang, their eyes on the both. If this night hasn’t been crazier.

“Well..well..well..if it isn’t Mr. Commander and Cadet being all domestic.” Bambam speaks up, acting unimpressed. The two lovebirds couldn’t be more embarrassed.

“Are we missing something between the two of you?” Mark asked, raising an eyebrow. “Because I can’t seem to get the fact that both of you only met through an injury and saw each other again in a concert, almost to the point of eating each other’s lips.”

“Have you been seeing each other? Without us knowing? What are you, Romeo and Juliet? Gosh, we’re in the 90’s, folks,” Yugyeom protests, half stressed and exasperated.

“We came here to watch a concert, not a love story to unfold. I want my money back!” Jackson demanded, earning a laugh from the others.

The two people are still in each other’s embrace, laughing along. This feels right, they feel right.

“You haven’t answered my question yet, Commander Im.” Youngjae smiles at the older.

“Let me think about it,” he jokes and tries to put on his thinking face. “I don’t know, Jae—”

“Hey!” he yells.

“I’m just kidding!” Jaebeom laughs and hugs the younger. “I’m just kidding sweetie.”

“SWEETIE?” The gang (minus Youngjae, who is currently blushing) yells in unison.

But they ignore the protests and teases of Youngjae’s friends and only focus on each other. Jaebeom cups the younger face and smiles that gorgeous smile again. “Of course, Jae. Why would I say no?”

The whole crowd cheers for them and from afar, Powerline smiles and gives them a thumbs up. “Producer Im, you’ve got yourself a good one there!”

“PRODUCER?” The crack gang (minus Youngjae who is laughing so hard) yells for the 348923rd time.


 

“And now for our encore, it’s a crowd favorite alright! Go grab your partner, the love of your life, your sibling, mother, father, or anyone! And groove to this song with me! Are y’all with me?!”

In that moment, when the crowd screamed, Jaebeom pulled Youngjae to him. Youngjae couldn’t protest.

It was Eye to Eye.

They both shared knowing looks.

“Do you remember this song, Jae?” The other asked him, grinning happily.

“A song that brought us together once again.” Youngjae intertwined their fingers together, no one needed to know that. This moment is divine.

“Music is really something, huh?” he asked, chuckling.

“Yeah.” The younger looks up at the older, their eyes meeting halfway. “It really is something, Beommie.”

They were ‘eye to eye’ that moment.

Music healed them together, brought them together again, and celebrated with them. It was a one hell of a journey, but they wouldn’t have it in any other way.

The two of them, their friends, the audience, basically everyone in the hall, even the security guards, felt the energy and power of music flow through them.

They all danced in synch, as if they we’re all bonded and connected as family through music.

If we listen to each other’s heart

We’ll find we’re never too far apart

And maybe love is the reason why

For the first time ever we’re seeing it eye to eye.

 

(So…what happens next?” Jackson asks after the concert, they were all wasted and tired because of dancing, but it was worth it.

“Jaebeom’s part of us now!” Mark declares, excited and happy.

“No, I mean..with the two of you.” The blonde points at the two people across them, eating hotdogs and Twinkies.

Jaebeom wipes off the excess stain from his mouth and asks. “So, what now Jae?” he asks endearingly, earning a slight disgust from the two maknaes.

“C-c-courtship?” The other suggests, with food still inside his mouth.

“Y’all almost had inside and y’all still going for courtship man? Y’all lame,” Yugyeom blurts out, which had Jackson and Bambam laughing, and Youngjae choking on his hotdog and Jaebeom consulting him, and Mark being the middle man once again.

“Excuse me Kim Yugyeom, even though Mr. Lim Jaebeom drives me crazy, I still want to be conservative as much as possible. I’m a human too,” Youngjae sasses the other, earning a chuckle from Jaebeom.

“I respect that Jae, but I have a suggestion.”

“What is it?”

Jaebeom takes his hand, holding it as if it was his own while staring through the other’s eyes. “Accept me now, and I’ll court you forever.”

Youngjae blushes like a tomato and bites his lip. “What the hell, what kind of suggestion is that. I’ll think about it Jaebeom. Hold your horses.”

“Ewww..”

“That’s where my grandparents started.”

“Nobody cares, Bam.”

“Excuse me, am I talking to you Wangass?”

“Am I also talking to you, chopstick?”

“Guys, seriously..even at this time?”

“It’s technically morning, Markiepooh.”

“What is your point?”

“He just got roasted by the Mark Tuan, folks.”

“Nobody cares, long legs.”

“I would very much like to be excluded from this narrative.”


 

Friends, you gotta love ‘em)

 

Future:

They write their own love story, not us.

It’s about time I do this, right?

*clears throat*

And so, music did find its way back into their heart, and lives. Forgetting about the past, living in the present, and anticipating the future.

Commander Lim and Cadet Choi did see each other eye to eye, and they still do.