Happy Holidays, perdsdef06

Who's My IGOT7 Secret Santa? 2018 BxB [The Big Reveal is online! // PLEASE SEND IN YOUR GIFTS! // News from 2018.12.31]

Gift for prdsdef06

Gift from ???

Title of the Gift : Blind Date (JJP)

Pairings : Jaebum and Jinyoung, side pairing are Mark and Jackson.

Word count : 2,397 words.

Rating : For Teen and up, general audience.

Warning : Angsty beggining but with a sweet ending.

Note to my giftee : I hope you like my gift. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Blind Date(JJP)

 

 

Jaebum sigh as he looks back at his best friend Jinyoung who is sniffling, eyes filled with tears as another lover ended their relationship. Shaking his head at his friend’s nonexistent luck on finding the right one for him.

 

“I told you that dude right?”

 

“Jaebum..Jin is by far the best boyfriend so far..” Jinyoung whines as Jaebum rolls his eyes at him.

 

“Best among the worst.” Jaebum mutters under his breath.

 

“What did you say?...I didn’t quite hear that…”

 

“Nothing…just, come over to my place for a sleep over okay. So you’ll have company while you cry your heart out.” Jaebum insisted while Jinyoung nods in agreement.

 

“Kay…I want some cuddle time hyung..”

 

Jaebum bites his lips in worry, not that he hates cuddle time with his best friend it’s just that the act make it hard for him to control his urge and wants..wanting to hug all the pain away from the smaller man, wanting to kiss those tears off of his eyes, wanting to love him like he wanted.

 

“Okay..but it’s just because you’re broken hearted right now. I don’t like cuddle time.” Jaebum said denying his feelings for his friend.

 

Jinyoung looks down, hiding the sadness in his eyes.

 

“I know….”

 

 

“How long are you going to be like this Jinyoung ah…” Jaebum complains as his best friend introduces another man whom he is interested in dating with.

 

“Doing what Jaebum..what are you really trying to imply?” Jinyoung defensively said.

 

“Well it’s not wrong to stop and be single for a while you know, have fun and peace with yourself first before you move on to another person, it has only been three days Jinyoung..three days!” Jaebum complains as he felt hurt inside by what his best friend is doing.

 

“You can’t stop me from wanting to be happy hyung…”

 

“I’m not stopping you from being happy, I just want you to be at peace with yourself first, there’s no time limit in finding the one Jinyoung..”

 

“There is..we are in our late 20’s hyung. Time is running out for me, I want to have a family, I want to have a child, to adopt and live the domestic we’re all dreaming of. I want to find someone who will love me for me, and you can’t stop me. I will continue to search for him…now if you excuse me this is the time I walk out.”

 

“Grab a cab…”

 

“I will…”

 

“Call me when you’re home…”

 

“I won’t..”

 

“I’ll call you to check on you later…”

 

“I won’t answer ..bye hyung.”

 

Jaebum bows his head and puts a hand all over his hair making it more messier that it already is.

 

“Here hyung..one macchiato for you. It’s in the house because you look like again after Jinyoung dumps your for the tenth time..” Jackson said laughing his off as Jaebum scowled darkly at him.

 

“Shut up…”

 

“Why don’t you…you know. Confess your feelings so that Jinyoung will stop dating around. Who knows maybe he likes you back as well..” Jackson said, taking Jinyoung’s place and sitting right in front of him.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be there, making coffee and stuff instead of irritating the shop’s customer?” Jaebum sigh as he looks at the coffee in front of him.

 

“Oh I can do whatever I want, my man’s the owner of this . Anyway, take my advice and live happily ever after. You will thank me after this…and I just want to say you’re welcome in advance.” Jackson stood up patted him on the shoulders and went back to work.

 

Jaebum sat there contemplating his life, looking at Jackson who is now being hit on by his husband Mark, who is the owner of the said café. They did dance around each other for years before they got together and decided to get married. What if he took Jackson’s advice and be true to himself for once...will everything turns out well or will it ruin their friendship?

 

 

“Jaebum, do I look good on this one?” Jinyoung asked as he tries new clothes for his upcoming date.

 

“Nah, that shirt looks ugly. Where are you going anyway?” Jaebum testily said.

 

“Why would I tell you? So you can barge on my date again and stalk me.”

 

“Hey I only did that because the guy you’re dating looks like a mafia dude, what if he kidnaps you and sell you, human trafficking still exist you know.” Jaebum complains, finding excuses for his behavior, wanting to hide the fact that he’s jealous as hell with that ex guy.

 

“Whatever hyung, how about this one?” Jinyoung shows a long sleeve shirt with low neckline, which will show his chest to everyone.

 

“No…”

 

“Jaebum..ugh..I shouldn’t ask you to pick clothes with me. All you wanted to say was no..no. I’ll call Bambam.”

 

“Yeah and I’ll better get out of here cause you don’t need me anymore. Have fun with your date.” Jaebum stood up, wanting to leave before his temper explodes.

 

He walks fast towards the door when he felt a tug, looking down he saw Jinyoung’s hands weave itself all over his waist, pulling him back. Jinyoung plasters his face on his bestfriend’s wide shoulders, closing the gap between their bodies.

 

“Don’t ever think that you don’t mean anything to me hyung. If you only knew…” Jinyoung whispers.

 

“Geez, I’m only kidding about that …” Jaebum wanted to turn around but the smaller man held him on a tight grip.

 

“No..just stand still, don’t move. Let me just hug you for a while yeah?”

 

They stayed like that for a few moments. Jaebum cleared his throat.

 

“Are you okay Jinyoung…”

 

“Hyung…if ever you found the right one for you and it’s time for you to leave me alone I will understand. I know you’re avoiding the dating scene because you’re worried about me being lonely and I appreciate it. I appreciate you, I hope when you found your plus one we’re still going to be like this. Still the best of friends.”

 

Jaebum lowered his head.

 

The reason why I don’t date is because I’m in love with you, pabo.

 

“Okay, I will tell you as soon as I found someone whom I like to be with. When that time comes you should be there Jinyoung ah.”

 

Jinyoung held back his tears.

 

“I will, I will be there and I’ll be happy for the two of you.”

 

I’ll smile and pretend to be happy for you even if it kills me inside.

 

“I need to go, have fun with your date.” Jaebum spitefully said as he walks out of Jinyoung’s apartment wanting to drink off his bad mood. He pick up his phone and dials Mark and Jackson’s number.

 

“Hey guys, are you up for a drink?”

 

“And then he wants me to pick an outfit for him, can you believe that. As if I will help him look good for someone else.” Jaebum hisses drinking his beer in one go.

 

Jackson pointedly looks at his husband who shrugs his shoulders helplessly, they have been friends since high school and everyone knows that Jaebum has the hots for Jinyoung except the man himself who continues to be clueless for years.

 

“You should just confess you know, and end your misery in one go.” Mark calmly said while trying to pacify the angry man.

“I….help me guys.”

 

“Oh my god did I hear that right??? Jaebum you’re going to do it?”

 

“Yes yes…let’s end my misery shall we.”

 

“Alright!! Say it louder baby,,for the people at the back..our friend grew some balls people..after 1234567 years and will confess to his crush finally!!!!” Jackson loudly screamed while the people at the club all cheered for the embarrassed Jaebum who is killing Jackson with his stare.

 

“I want to kill Jackson…” He mutters as Mark smirks at him.

 

“Well you can’t, we’re here to help you get your princess. Hahaha”

 

“Shut up!”

 

 

“I don’t do blind dates anymore Seunnie…” Jinyoung whines as Jackson pesters him about it for the hundred times that day.

 

“But I only offer to set up a date for you now; I promise that this one is the one for you. I’ll cut up my d*** if he isn’t.” Jackson tries so hard to convince the man who is staring at him apprehensively.

 

“Okay I’m getting suspicious about this mystery guy, you do know him personally right?”

 

“Yes yes,,I know him so well, just please trust me on this one Jinyoung ah…I really want you to be happy.”

 

Jinyoung smiles bitterly thinking about Jaebum.

 

“Okay,,,I’ll say yes to this whole blind date thing but if I don’t like the guy then..no hard feelings okay?”

“Yeah…I am sure you will like him. It’s a date then.”

 

“You can’t wear that filth Im Jaebum..” Mark stonily said as he looks at Jaebum’s snoop dog t-shirt and bonnet.

 

“Why can’t I? I like this shirt and I’m comfortable with it.” He defended his shirt while Mark shakes his head.

 

“Well we don’t like it and you’re supposed to swoon Jinyoung off his feet, not make him run away in the opposite direction with your outfit.”

 

“Mark you’re supposed to encourage me not put me down…” Jaebum complains as he strips off his shirt.

 

“Nah, I’m here to make sure you did everything right. Now, let’s run for a quick trim, gel up that hair, wear casual jean with sneakers, white shirt and your jacket.”

 

“Yesssir…”

 

After their excursion Mark smiled at Jaebum and taps a hand on his shoulder.

 

“You cleaned up nicely Mr. Im, now go get your man.”

“Where is that man…geez. No sense of time.” Jinyoung taps a hand on the table as he continuously looks at his watch, looking around for his date.

 

He looks around and curse under his breath, he just saw Jaebum walks in and oh does the man looks sinfully hot.

 

What the is he doing here? Gosh,..this is so embarrassing. He’s seeing me again with another blind date.

 

Jinyoung tries to hide himself by putting the menu up covering his face.

 

Jaebum looks around and finally found Jinyoung, he walks towards the table, coughing loudly to gather the man’s attention.

 

Jinyoung looks up and winces  as he stares at Jaebum.

 

“Uhm..hi hyung…”

 

“Hi Jinyoung..these are for you.” Jaebum held a bouquet of flowers towards him making the smaller man surprised at the act, looking bewildered towards Jaebum and then at the flowers.

 

“Wha…is that for me?”

 

“Yes,..” Jaebum awkwardly said wiggling the flowers in his direction which left the smaller man no choice but to accept it.

 

“Sorry but I don’t understand…” Jinyoung whispers, blushing.

 

“I am here for my blind date…”

 

“Oh really? Where is he?”

 

“Right here in front of me..” Jaebum casually said as he sat down in front of him.

 

“What..you…but..Jackson..”

 

“He set us up..and I got to say I appreciate his effort. Shall we?” Jaebum smiled at him.

 

“But hyung…”

 

“Shh..don’t overthink things babe. Let’s just enjoy this okay? I really wanna do this since ages ago but you’re always busy looking somewhere else. So now that I have my turn just enjoy the night with me okay?”

 

Jinyoung tries so hard to contain his feels, wanting to squeal in delight at that moment but settled to just smiling back at Jaebum like an idiot. Happiness mirrored in his eyes as he stares at the man who occupies his heart since they were kids.

 

“Okay,…I hope this is not a joke then..”

 

They ate their dinner in silence, glancing at each other, basking in the sweet yet awkward atmosphere that this date has caused. Jaebum coughs awkwardly.

 

“Let’s go somewhere else shall we?”

 

“And where will the great Im Jaebum will take me huh?”

 

“To a special place..”

 

“Really Jaebum..why will you take me to a play park for kids.” Jinyoung whines.

 

“Because I want to confess and you will listen to me for once.”

 

Jinyoung heart beats double time as he saw how Jaebum in a deep breath before speaking.

 

“I..I really like you Jinyoung, more than a friend. And it kills me inside every time you went out on a date with someone else, every time you tell me that you’re tired of waiting for the perfect one, every time I see you cry because of someone else. It kills me that you see them and yet you ignore me. I have been by your side since day one and yet you don’t notice how I feel. And now that I have a chance I am taking my chances…”

 

“Park Jinyoung..I am in love with you for the longest time. Will you be my boyfriend and let me court you for the rest of our lives?”

 

“Oh my god you said my most favorite and cheesiest confession line hyung…” Jinyoung gasp as he tearfully looks at the man kneeling in front of him holding a promise ring.

 

“Shut up Nyoung ah..don’t ruin my moment..” Jaebum hisses as Jinyoung chuckles at him.

 

“Yes..of course I want to be your boyfriend Im Jaebum. I’ve been crushing on you for a long time but I don’t want to ruin our friendship so…”

 

Jaebum smiles as he stood up, grabs Jinyoung by the waist and lean down for a kiss.

 

“I love you..”

 

“I love you more..”

Jackson looks incredulously at his two friends who are flirting non-stop like there’s no tomorrow. With Jinyoung blushing and giggling as Jaebum seems to be whispering lewd things on his ears.

 

“Guys you’re in a public place please tone down the pda..” Jackson whispers as he saw how Jinyoung is almost practically sitting on Jaebum’s lap.

 

“You’re just jealous Jackson because Mark hyung is not here..” Jinyoung replied while Jackson rolls his eyes at him.

 

“You guys top the list of the flirtiest couple ever, please…”

 

“Well we are making up for lost time and we’re actually here to give you a thank you gift..you know for helping us get together.” Jinyoung said as Jaebum grabs a box and gave it to their surprised friend.

 

“Geez you didn’t have to, I am happy to help you two see sense…” Jackson laughs as Jinyoung blew a kiss towards him before planting a huge kiss on Jaebum’s cheeks.

 

“You deserve it Jackson ah..you gave me my world right here..right beside me.”

 

FIN