Happy Holidays, ZelYTMangoes

Who's My IGOT7 Secret Santa? 2018 BxB [The Big Reveal is online! // PLEASE SEND IN YOUR GIFTS! // News from 2018.12.31]

Gift for ZelYTMangoes

Gift from ????

Title of the gift: Christmas Miracle

 

Pairing: Markjin (Mark and Jinyoung)
 

How many words: 2185
 

Rating: Not Rated
 

Warnings: No warnings
 

Note to my giftee: Merry Christmas! I had a fun time writing this and I hope you enjoy it too <3
 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Christmas Miracle


 

It was the perfect storybook Christmas morning. Looking out the window, all you could see was snow and the icicles hanging down. Sun was making all of it shine and in that moment Mark knew, he had made all the right choices in his life. He had the most beautiful, most wonderful man with him and the light from the window made him look even more perfect. He knew he had the goofiest smile on his face and it almost hurt to smile so wide but the happiness and the feeling of everything being right made up for it. This was it. His merry merry Christmas.



 

Mark and Jinyoung had spent the last night, Christmas Eve, with Jinyoung’s parents and sisters. The night had been filled with laughter, carols and good food and lot’s of it. Mark now understood where all of Jinyoung’s warmth came from. A house full of people who smiled with their eyes and laughed like there is no tomorrow seemed like a dream come true to Mark. And Mark fit right in to the bunch. They had been together with Jinyoung for so long now that both of their families knew each other well and they had spent last year’s Christmas together as a huge family and would have done so this year too if Mark’s family could have flown over to Korea. But besides that, Mark was happy, he had everything. What more could Mark wish for?

 

The night went on with a blast. Stuffed with food Mark and Jinyoung wobbled back to their own apartment with both of them smiling and every once in a while playfully bumping shoulders with the other. Back at their apartment they went straight to bed, barely even managing to undress themselves. For Jinyoung it was even more important to head to bed so that Christmas day would come sooner. But what ever happened, they never missed the chance to hold the other while sleeping. Each night that they could spend in the arms of the other was perfect in their eyes.


 

Mark was the first one to wake up on Christmas day. He felt the happiness warming his insides when gazing up at Jinyoung. Little huffs of breath kept hitting Mark’s forehead but it only made him smile. Jinyoung looked so childlike, carefree, that Mark couldn’t do anything else but be happy for him. Jinyoung’s happiness equaled Mark’s happiness. Which reminded him of the gift he had gotten.

 

Mark carefully slid from Jinyoung’s arms and slowly took his pillow and put it as his replacement to ensure a little more time before Jinyoung would wake up.  Mark didn’t want to screw this up, even though he knew Jinyoung really wouldn’t mind it that much if Mark wouldn’t give him a perfect gift. Jinyoung wouldn’t have minded because he knew that it was the thought that counted but Mark was sure, this would be it. They had been talking about it and Mark was certain that he had, for once, done something right with this. Mark knew that he didn’t need to go overboard with the presentation but he felt like the gift needed it. He just couldn’t give him the envelope, no that would be so unlike Jinyoung.

 

Jinyoung liked that Mark made an effort and just giving an envelope couldn’t exactly be called “making an effort”. First Mark needed to make coffee, he knew Jinyoung would want it when he woke up. The first step in Mark’s plan would be completed with that. He also put on display the cookies they got from Jinyoung’s mother last night.


 

If you looked for the definition of a ‘Christmas person’, the dictionary would show you picture of Jinyoung. Because of that their little apartment had everything that you could even think of when thinking about Christmas. If they had something, they also had it in holiday colours and when it was starting to look like winter Jinyoung switched everything that they had doubles on so it would be festive. They put everything in a storage for Christmas season and switched the things back when Mark put his foot down and said that they needed to take the decorations down. Mind you, it never was easy and Jinyoung usually got a couple more weeks from Mark with smiling that beautiful smile of his. He also had a habit of doing the change from everyday items to Christmas items in a day but changing back took a lot longer. Their apartment was red and green and glittery and just what it would look like if Santa’s little helpers came and puked all over it.

 

Yeah, Mark wasn’t exactly a Christmas person. He identified more with the Grinch if he was honest but it actually didn’t matter since Jinyoung was a perfect citizen of Whoville and it wasn’t like all the stuff really bothered Mark. If he had a place for relaxing then it didn’t matter what colour it was. What mattered was Jinyoung’s happiness.

 

Mark had the “breakfast” (coffee and cookies) ready and set on a tray that he would soon take to Jinyoung. Who wouldn’t like breakfast in bed, right? Even though he had been certain, Mark was really nervous now, what if he had read the signs wrong? No. He couldn’t have.  

 

He took the small package he had hidden in a cupboard and put it in his pocket that would lead up to the real present. The real present, an envelope, was hidden in a drawer in Mark’s bedside table.

 

Carefully walking towards their bedroom, Mark found Jinyoung exactly like he had left him. Sleeping and peacefully so. It almost made Mark sad that he knew he needed to wake him up. He set the tray on the bedside table and sat on the edge of the bed next to Jinyoung. He began by brushing his hair from his face and whispering his name. Nothing happened.

 

“Jinyoung. Wake up.” he tried a little louder. Mark decided to kiss Jinyoung’s cheek. And his forehead. And the tip of his nose and the corner of his mouth. At that point it was clear Jinyoung had already woken up. Mark knew him sometimes even better than his own pockets and he knew how Jinyoung was when he was pretending to be asleep. But Jinyoung just wouldn’t give himself up so easily, he was too sneaky for that. So Mark decided to be sneaky too.

 

He let out a breath in mock frustration, tried saying Jinyoung’s name once more before standing up from the bed. If Jinyoung didn’t want to wake up, let him sleep then, Mark thought. He walked to their bedroom door, opened it and closed it while still being inside their bedroom. He had clear view of Jinyoung who now let out his own frustration and rolled over in their bed. Mark saw how Jinyoung furrowed his brows and pursed his lips out. Jinyoung must have expected some Christmas cuddles and the look of Jinyoung almost revealed Mark but he kept his laughter internal. Or maybe it would be better to let Jinyoung know he hadn’t really left and that Jinyoung hadn’t really managed to fool Mark.

 

“Good morning and merry Christmas,” and with that his cover was blown but the surprised look on Jinyoung’s face made him happy over his decision.

 

“So you decided to wake up?” Mark asked with laughter. Even though Jinyoung had tried to fool him, he was still happy. This fool was the one who he loved and now that’s something he’ll always be happy about. He didn’t stay waiting for Jinyoung’s answer but went and took the tray back to his arms. Jinyoung shuffled back on the bed to be in a sitting position. Jinyoung took the tray from Mark and set it on his lap. With that done, he reached towards Mark and gave him a kiss of gratitude and love.

“Merry Christmas to you too love.”

 

Mark took a seat too and took the cup he had bought for Jinyoung and offered it to the man in question. It was important that Jinyoung mistook it as a plain white cup for now so he couldn’t see the text that was on the front of the cup. It was perfect, just from this Mark knew he made the right choice and he felt like he needed to take a picture, just to remember this feeling forever and to show it to everyone he knew.

 

With a cup saying World’s Best Dad and the bed hair and the happy smile Mark knew that it was the right choice to put the wheels in motion in regards of adopting a child. Of course Mark alone couldn’t do much but to book a time for them to talk about it and start preparing all of it with the adoption agency but like he had already thought, it was the idea behind it, not the actual thing he had done. He had a pacifier in a wrapped up box to give to Jinyoung as a gift and Mark couldn’t wait.

 

“So, do you want your gift now or immediately?” Mark’s question made Jinyoung laugh but they both knew how Mark got when he got excited.


“Are you sure you don’t want yours first?”


“I’m sure. I can’t wait to give you yours.” Mark took the small box from his pocket and was relieved to find that it still looked perfect, it hadn’t acquired any wrinkles staying in Mark’s pocket. Even the red bow on it looked perfect. Everything was perfect.

 

Mark gave it to Jinyoung with a huge smile and Jinyoung began opening it. He was one of those people who took extra care opening gifts. He didn’t just rip it all but tried to open it as cleanly as he could. This naturally made Mark frustrated because he didn’t wait around opening gifts, by ripping Jinyoung would have had it open already. Mark was this close to bouncing on the bed because of the excitement.

 

Finally Jinyoung got the bow from the way and even the tapes gave away and soon the box’s lid was the only thing between Jinyoung and the pacifier. Mark took a deep breath while Jinyoung lifted the lid and held it while waiting for Jinyoung’s reaction. He was quiet for a while until a smile rose on his lips. He took the blue pacifier from the box and held it in between his fingers and gave Mark an amused look.

 

“Oh I know I sometimes act a bit childishly but a baby’s pacifier, I’m not sure if I need one of those.”

 

“Maybe not now, but hopefully in the future.” If one would try to explain how Mark looked at that moment, “in love” would be the only phrase that would fit.

“Look at your cup,” he advised Jinyoung.

 

And look Jinyoung did.

“World’s best dad, huh?”

He now understood where Mark was coming from. Jinyoung’s eyes shimmered with happy tears. They had talked about the subject of having children before but Jinyoung wasn’t sure if Mark truly wanted to have kids with him and was a little afraid of constantly talking about it. Now he wasn’t afraid at all, he was just happy. They were going to have a kid. If something was a Christmas Miracle then this was it for Jinyoung.

 

Mark had gotten the envelope from the drawer where there were information on adopting and a little paper where it said the time Mark had booked for them to go and talk about it with an adoption agency and it was clear that Mark had really made an effort, he really wanted this too. Jinyoung carefully set the tray away from the bed before wrapping his arms around Mark.

 

“I’m so happy. I love you so much Mark. You truly are the best thing that has happened to me.”

 

Now they were too men crying together with happiness and laughing and kissing in between it all.

 

“Now I’m just wishing I would have come up with this. But there was the same thought behind both of our gifts.” With this Jinyoung rose from the bed and walked to their wardrobe. Underneath his socks was an envelope as well.

 

“We were both thinking about family.”

 

And in a Mark way, he tore open the envelope to find two plane tickets.

 

“To see your family,” Jinyoung explained. Surprise and happiness and gratitude were all swirling inside Mark’s brain. All he could do was to thank Jinyoung and hug him. It felt like everything was for once in their right places and it was perfect. Even all the Christmas lights around their apartment and every single elf decoration they had and the snow and the sun and just - everything. Mark was perfect and Jinyoung was perfect and Christmas was perfect and just maybe Mark had grown to be a bit more of a Christmas person. They didn’t understand people when they kept raving on about a Christmas Miracle. They had both gotten their miracles when they met each other. And they are never letting go. Ever.