Happy Holidays, Queen_Starry

Who's My IGOT7 Secret Santa? 2018 BxB [The Big Reveal is online! // PLEASE SEND IN YOUR GIFTS! // News from 2018.12.31]

Gift for Queen_Starry

Gift from ?????

Title of Gift: Office Shinangines but not really.


Pairing(s): Yugbam.

Word Count: 2350

Rating: T (there’s some light swearing.)


Warning(s): None.

Note to my Giftee: I saw the 97(gc)line and I knew I had to write this prompt. I hope you enjoy! <3

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~


Office Shinangines but not really
 

Jackson yelped and jumped back into his cubicle when something came whizzing by at the speed of light. Mark grabbed him by the collar before he could join in on whatever shenanigans that was taking place. And it’s a good thing he stopped the younger because not even a minute later he could hear a crash and loud yelling. Together Mark and Jackson peeked around the corner and watched as a group of interns got chewed out by Jaebum while Jinyoung snickered behind him. Poor Youngjae looked like he was about to faint from a heart attack and his tea was spilt all over the floor seeping into the carpet. Mark rolled his eyes, it was just another day in the office.

Nobody understood why the ceo allowed this group of interns to muck up the office with their constant tomfoolery but no matter how many complaints were sent, the interns remained in the office. Jaebum had given up all hope while Youngjae tried to look on the brighter side. “At least the office isn’t boring anymore.” He would whisper before they went to sleep after another hectic day. Jaebum could only dream of an early retirement.

Bambam busted through the secret intern break room door with a panicked look on his face. He scanned the room only to find Yugyeom there. He pointed at the other intern and glared at him, “You!” Bambam growled, “You’re the one who ate all the donuts!”

“You don’t even like donuts.” Yugyeom replied boredly, he didn’t even bother to look up from his laptop.

“I love donuts! Just not gross stale donuts, like the ones they usually give us because god forbid they give the interns decent food.” Bambam huffed.

“I didn’t know you were this passionate about donuts.” Yugyeom snorted.

“What are you guys arguing about this time?” Mingyu asks when he enters the room.

“Bambam thinks I ate all the donuts.” Yugyeom sighed dramatically.

“But you don’t even like donuts? You’re more of a muffin guy.” Mingyu said blankly.

“Welllllll, apparently Bambam doesn’t know that.” Yugyeom snickered.

“Hey! Don’t talk about me like I’m not here!” Bambam hissed but was ultimately ignored when Mingyu sat down next to Yugyeom and they started talking about whatever was on the screen. Bambam pouted and turned to the coffee machine instead. He was angrily pressing the buttons to start the maker when the door opened again. Arms wrapped around his waist and a chin dug into his shoulder.

“What did you two fight about this time?” Minghao asked in a singsong voice.

“Donuts.” Bambam grumbled and Minghao snorted.

“You do know Yugyeom doesn’t like donuts right?”

“Apparently I’m the only one who doesn’t know.” BamBam pouts again.

That was when Jaehyun decided to join in the conversation. “Maybe you should ask him on a date.” The older intern said as he stole the first cup of coffee then walked off to join Jungkook and the others who were sitting around the laptop. Bambam flushed and went back to saying curses under his breath while Minghao smiled into his own cup.

“It’s not a bad idea.” Minghao mused out loud.

“I said it once and I’ll say it again. Me and Yugyeom are enemies, not whatever you guys are implying.” Bambam stated.

“But you’re both on the same team? How can you be enemies?” Minghao raised his eyebrow.

“Whatever!” Bambam his heel and finally joined the rest of their ragtag team. They all got comfortable around the little table they had in the breakroom and started their meeting. First they talked about their “intern chores” like whose getting coffee for what floor and other jobs people are too lazy to do themselves so they make interns do them. Next came their actual job, planning and conducting heists. Their next big gig was quickly approaching and they only had one more day to prepare. Dk rolled out the rivel company’s building blue prints onto the table and Jaehyun went over that plan. Jungkook and Mingyu were going to disguise themselves as the new night janitors. Then they are going to sneak Bambam, Yugyeom and Minghao into the building via trash cans. Bambam and Yugyeom will be dropped off on the top floor while Minghao will be dropped off in a bathroom on one of the middle floors. The ceo usually leaves an hour after the janitorial staff but the night security stays all night so Jungkook and Mingyu will leave with the rest of the janitors. Then Bambam and Yugyeom will break into the ceo’s office and steal the objective. Then Minghao will set fireworks off in the bathroom to bring all the security guards to the middle floors and leave their calling card on the wall. Lastly the three of them will escape using the window cleaning gondola since the guards will most likely be too distracted to look outside the window.

“Everyone understand?” Jaehyun asks.

“It’s easypeasy.” Bambam said with his signature smirk and everyone agreed with him.

“We should still test out the fireworks tho.” Jungkook grinned, “just to be 100% sure.” They all wore matching looks of mischief and ran out the room with a bag of fireworks. To say a few toilets broke was an understatement. Jaebum could feel the gray hairs growing as he stood before the group of interns.

The seven interns sat in a black van a few buildings away from the target building. They were stuffing their faces with fast food while they waited for the mission to start. 8 p.m. finally rolled around and the five entering the building left the van while Jaehyun and Dk stayed in the van to provide support through the wireless comms everyone wore. Bambam, Minghao and Yugyeom waited near the dumpsters as Jungkook and Mingyu walked inside the building. The two walk out with large trash cans 30 mintues later. Minghao hops into Mingyu’s while Bambam and Yugyeom awkwardly shuffle into Jungkook’s. It’s only when Bambam feels the other’s breath on his neck that he get the slight suspicion that the other guys set them up like this on purpose. The suspicion was confirmed when Dk started playing “can you feel the love tonight “ through the comms. Bambam silently sent death threats to the group chat as Jungkook wheeled them through the building. Jungkook practically dumped them out of the trash can when they got to the empty meeting room.

“Have fun you two.~” Jungkook sang before he left the room. The duo sat in silence as they waited for the ceo to leave. They passed the time by playing on their phones. After about an hour and a half, they heard the ceo walk out of his room and lock the door. They waited for the sound of elevator doors shutting before they got up to leave the empty meeting room. Dk informed them that they had 10 mintues to break in before the next round of security guards came to the top floor. Yugyeom opened the door within 4 minutes.

“Do you have any idea where the objective is located?” Bambam asked.

“Nope.” Jaehyun answered.

“Bet I can find it before you.” Bambam challenged the younger intern, who accepted it without hesitation.

“Just don’t make too much noise, you don’t want to alert the guards.” Dk warned them. Bambam wasted no time in opening drawers and shifting furniture. Yugyeom on the other hand carefully looked around the room.

The younger smirked when he saw it. “Found it~” Yugyeom sang as he walked up to a globe sitting on a shelf. The sphere opened in the middle and sitting in the center was a large blue jewel wrapped in pure platinum accents. “Target acquired, let’s get out of here.” Yugyeom said into the comm before looking to Bambam with a cocky smirk. “Looks like it’s 8 to 6.” Bambam grumbled a soft “whatever” and got ready to leave the room. Minghao gave the okay to leave and the duo made a dash to the roof. Minghao rendezvous with the other two on the roof and they all took the window gondola down to the bottom. The black van pulls up to the curb when they step out of the machine and they make their escape before the security team could figure out what happened. They drive back to their shared penthouse to celebrate another easy victory with fast food and alcohol.

Bambam woke up the next morning with a pounding headache and 4 new arms. Oh wait those were Dk’s and Jungkook’s arms. For some reason everyone in their friend group didn’t care about personal space. Bambam somehow managed to wrestle his way out of the cuddle pile but immediately regretted it because he stepped on a lone slice of pizza chillin on the ground. With a loud groan, he hobbled to the kitchen and grab a paper towel. That was when Yugyeom decided to wobble into the kitchen as well.

“What happened to you? You look like someone in your cereal.” Yugyeom said in a teasing tone.

“I stepped on cold pizza.” Bambam grimenced. “Where’s Jaehyun?” He asked once he was done wiping his foot.

“He went to turn in the jewel to the ceo and also request the day off since I’m pretty sure no one wants to work.” Yugyeom leaned against the counter. “Do you have any plans?” he asked shyly.

“Nope. Why?” Bambam raised a brow at the younger. He wasn’t used to Yugyeom being nervous.

“Do you want to go out? Like on a date...” The question was met with loud cheers from the background.

“S-sure.” Bambam answered, ignoring their loud friends still yelling from the living room. The older intern goes to his bedroom and peels off his heist clothes to change into something more comfortable. He exits his room to find Yugyeom already waiting by the door like an eager puppy waiting to go on a walk. The drive to where ever Yugyeom was taking them was filled with awkward silence. Bambam fiddled with the radio and the first station was talking about last night’s heist, except it was written off as a minor act of vandalism.

“Looks like the dude didn’t report the missing jewel.” Bambam offered as a conversation starter.

“Probably because he would have gotten in trouble for having the jewel since he stole it from someone else.” Yugyeom snorted. It was common for them to steal stolen jewels, there was a whole underground market for rare jewels. Their ceo was a big fan of precious jewels but instead of buying them he opted to hire a team to steal the jewels for him. The ceo paid them quite handsomely for their services and allowed them to ‘work’ at his company. The conversation ended there since they arrived at their destination. It was a tiny café tucked in between a dance studio and a clothing store. The café was decorated with soft pastels and flowers.

“They have pretty good donuts here.” Yugyeom mentioned out of the blue.

“What?” Bambam asked, he was caught off guard.

Yugyeom rubbed the back of his neck before explaining, “You were upset yesterday. It was about donuts or something.” The younger shrugged nonchalantly. Bambam looked at the glass display and low and behold there were 8 different types of donuts and many other baked goods.

“They also have muffins.” Bambam noted with a grin. The two placed their orders and waited in a booth. They shared small talk and banter while they waited. A worker came by their table with a tray and placed their drinks and pastries in front of them.

“Oh my godddd, this donut tastes like heaven and hell. Whatttt the .” Bambam practically moaned when he took his first bite. Yugyeom laughed at his date’s extraness. “You lied to me, you said their donuts were good. These donuts are more than good, they’re godly.” the older intern held his donut up like simba from the lion king. “Wait… how’d you know their donuts were good? I thought you didn’t like donuts?” Bambam asked when he finally came down from his donut high.

“Minghao likes them.” Yugyeom answers. “We come here after we dance at the studio right next door.”

“Why haven’t you taken me here before?” Bambam pouts.

“Because I thought you didn’t like me?” Yugyeom pouts back.

“Well I thought you didn’t like me.” Bambam continues to pout. Their date had turned into a pout off. Who will win? Who will lose? It’s Yugyeom who breaks into a fit of giggles first and Bambam can’t help but join in.

“I can’t believe I used to pretend we were enemies.” Bambam said when they calmed down.

“I honestly don’t know how our friends put up with us contently fighting each other.” Yugyeom added.

“Who knows, they’re a bunch of weirdos.” Bambam snorts. “But they’re our weirdos.” He says fondly and Yugyeom wholeheartedly agrees. They go home with filled bellies and a box full of pastries. When they walked through the front door, Jungkook is already waiting for them. He takes the box and leaves without saying anything.

“ you to then.” Bambam yells after him. Jungkook yells ‘love you’ from the kitchen and causes Bambam to roll his eyes fondly.

“Soooooo how’d it go?” Minghao asked from the living room couch.

“Great.” Yugyeom chirped.

“Did you kiss?” Mingyu teased.

“N-no…” The youngest blushed.

“Whaaaaaa.” Jaehyun joined in. “There’s no way you guys didn’t smooch.” Yugyeom shook his head sadly.

“Bambam only loves me for my donuts.” Yugyeom fake cried. Bambam sighed and tugged the younger closer so they could share their first kiss in front of all their friends. They break apart and everyone is cheering. Bambam drags Yugyeom to the living room and they share the smaller couch with Dk as they all settle down to watch a movie. Bambam smiles when he opens up the group chat later that day and finds over 20 pictures of their first kiss from many different angles… Until he spots the poorly edited ones with outdated memes. Someone was about to be roasted.

 

The End.