Got his number!

Night shift

After that surgery incident, Sungmin tried to avoid Kyuhyun as much as he could, as it was too ambarrasing. That morning when he walked right into Kyuhyun after talking to the Lees, and Kyuhyun had said that he would oblige if Sungmin had wanted a hug instead of keep bumping into him, Sungmin just wanted the floor to open up and swallowed him.

He had apologised again and then swiftly walked away, or actually run away, and then busied himself to clean up the surgery room. He knew that Kyuhyun had walked in to retrieve his mug, but since Sungmin didn't look up, Kyuhyun had walked away.

Since that day, he didn't bumped into Kyuhyun, well, for at least 3 days. When he checked his computer, the reason was simple. Kyuhyun was in the day shift and assigned to the A&E department.

"You are checking him up?" suddenly Ryeowook was at his side.

"I... I.. just checking who are the doctors on duty" Sungmin tried to explained.

"If you missed him, boss, you know his room number" Ryeowook laughed.

"Who said I missed him? I'm trying to avoid meeting him actually!"

"Why? Just because you couldn't behave like normal whenever he's around? Boss, it is call, falling in love!!" Ryeowook giggled. Indeed, he had noticed Sungmin's change of behaviour lately. Sungmin would secretly clicked on Dr Cho Kyuhyun's profile and admire him, and when he noticed another nurse coming to the station, he would quickly switch to another page.  Ryeowook had noticed that twice, and today was the third time Sungmin went to check on Dr Cho.

"Nonsense, Wook. How can I fall in love with him? He a doctor and a top surgeon. Who am I?"

"Who are you what?" suddenly that voice that he missed, or was it dreaded?, was near to him standing at the counter nearest to him. Sungmin dropped his pen and looked at him with shocked expression. Dr Cho Kyuhyun was there, standing handsomely looking at him.

" Errr, nothing, nothing Dr Cho" Sungmin stood up. "Do you need anything, doctor?" 

"Yes, you" 

Ryeowook purposely cleared his throat "ahemmmm" and said "Errr boss, a patient at bed 7 just buzz for help. I go over to see what he needs" Ryeowook swiftly went away leaving the two of them behind.

Sungmin turned back his head to Kyuhyun, with questioning look. Did he heard wrongly?? 

"I mean, I need you to make me coffee. Somehow your coffee is one of the best that I taste in this hospital" 

"Ohhh ok, I'll make it for you" Sungmin logged off from his laptop and came out from his station. "Did you bring your mug?" and when Kyuhyun shook his head, he said "It's ok, I will use mine". 

"Sorry, I will buy my own mug tomorrow since I'm off. Are you always on night shift?" Kyuhyun asked, following Sungmin to the pantry. 

"Yes, I opted for a permanent night shift. I can do a lot of errands once I'm off duty in the morning, then I will get some sleep in the afternoon". 

"I see, no wonder I didn't see you yesterday afternoon when I drop by here".

"Ohh, were you looking for me?" Somehow that gave Sungmin one of the best feelings that he had ever felt. 

"Let's just say my life is quite dull without you bumping into me" Kyuhyun chuckled. 

"I'm sorry, I've been clumsy lately" Sungmin passed him the mug. 

"It's ok, don't worry about it" Kyuhyun said, accepting the mug and started sipping it. "Ermmm nice, but I can't tell what's so different in your coffee, how come it didn't taste so bitter?" 

"Actually I added 2 drops of honey. It is natural honey, so it's not as sweet as sugar". 

"Ahhh no wonder" 

"I'm sorry I didn't ask you if it's ok to add honey. If you don't like it, I will not add it in". 

"No, no, it's ok. Normally if I said black less sweet, the cafe still put a lot of sugar. So I just say black no sugar. But I didn't know with 2 drops of honey it made a whole lot of difference. I'm beginning to get addicted to it" Kyuhyun smile at him, and added "And it's from your mug, so i got a taste of you too" 

Not understanding what Dr Cho meant, Sungmin said "I did wash the mug" 

Kyuhyun laughed because what he meant was he got a taste of Sungmin's lips, but he let it go and just said "I know, I'm just kidding". 

"Are you still on duty at the A&E?" Sungmin said, walking back to his station with the doctor behind him. 

"How did you know that I was on duty at A&E?" 

Sungmin was caught red-handed. Of course he couldn't say that he has been checking on Dr Cho, so he simply said "Ohh when I was off duty 2 days ago, on my way down, I saw you at the A&E" actually he didn't see, it was Ryeowook who saw. 

"Ahh ok. Yeah I'm still on duty there, and it's my break, and I wasn't hungry, but  I was craving for your coffee more than anything else" Kyuhyun smile. 

Sungmin loved his smile. He has been smiling a lot, so Sungmin wonders why Dr Cho was considered a difficult doctor to work with. 

"Dr Cho, I have extra buns here, you can have it, at least you won't be hungry" Sungnin open the zip-lock plastic and offered him 2 buns. 

"That's your supper?" 

"No, for supper I brought fried rice. I cooked it before my left my home".

"You can cook?" 

"Yes. I stayed alone, so I normally cook my own meals. I can cook extra and bring some for you if you don't mind my cooking". 

"Oh my, Sungmin-ssi, I don't know how to thank you. Yes please. I never had home cook meals for months. But we are on different shifts. I don't want to trouble you to cook just for me". 

"Let's do it this way, I cook extra and bring some for you if you are on night shift". 

"Great. Give me your phone" 

"Huhh..." Sungmin asked dumbly, but gave his phone. 

"I will text you a day earlier once I have my roster for the week and if I'll be on night duty" and Kyuhyun made a called to his own phone to get a missed call. He saved his number into Sungmin's phone, and passed back the phone to Sungmin. He then saved Sungmin's number in his own phone. "For tomorrow night's duty, I give you a call later coz the roster is out. And thank you again for the coffee" Kyuhyun smile. 

"Ok, and you are welcome!" Sungmin said smiling. He was internally rejoicing and dancing hallelujah because he has Dr Cho Kyuhyun's number! 

After Kyuhyun left, Sungmin took his charger to plug his phone to charge it. But his fingers were itching to check his phone for Kyuhyun's number. He unplug his phone for a second and started checking. But he couldn't find any saved number in any of Kyuhyun's name. Not in Hangeul characters,  초규현 or English alphabets of his name 'Cho' or 'Kyuhyun' or even not in 'Dr' . He felt strange, maybe Dr Cho forgot to save?, he thought. 

Then he remembered Dr Cho made a call to his own phone, "Aha! His number should still be in my call list" Sungmin told himself. He was about to check when Ryeowook called him as he walked back to the nurse station from the ward. 

"Boss, I gave up with that irritating patient Kim Heechul!! He didn't want to take his medications yet he kept pressing the buzzer! Can you take over from here? I give up!!!" Ryeowook exclaimed exasperatedly. 

"Ok, ok let me go and see him" Sungmin said while plugging back his phone to the charger. 

After he left, his phone started buzzing indicating an incoming call. Ryeowook slide his chair over to Sungmin's desk to see who was calling Sungmin so that he could inform him later when he came back to the nurse station. 

Ryeowook's eyes grew wide and with mouth open, he saw what was on Sungmin's phone screen. Sungmin's phone screen showed 
'Boyfriend' calling...