His love is here!

Night shift

Sungmin looked up with surprised expression. "How did you know?"

"I'm correct then?"

"Yes" Sungmin said sadly.

"And you became upset, and cried your heart out, and throughout the journey here you were crying and feeling down? Min please, why did you even listen to him?"

"How could I not? He spoke as though it is a warning to me. I think he just have your wellbeing in mind"

Kyuhyun took a deep breath and became very serious. "Wellbeing? I think he has cross my boundary. I am here on behalf of the hospital. But my personal life is not part of this whole exchange thing and he shouldn't meddle with it!" he said in an upset tone. Then he took a deep breath, and grabbed Sungmin's hand again "Should we seriously consider migrating here?"

"Kyu, it's something that we need time to decide, because it will be a major milestone. So let's keep it in mind and see how things go"

"Ok" he said knowing that this is really something to think about. "So, now, I want to enjoy your company coz you are totally mine while you are here!!!" Kyuhyun finally smile and looked cheekily at Sungmin. 

Their orders came and Sungmin indulged in that super yummy buckwheat crêpes, and they continued talking about the beautiful area around them. 

"Wow, these crepes are very very nice!!! I want to try again another time!!" Sungmin said, still his lips.  

Kyuhyun chucked "It's near to the apartment, Min, so we can always come back here!!". Soon after, they left the cafe and started strolling around the charming Marché de Enfants Rouges which bustles with many other food vendors and quaint little bistros.

At one cafe, Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin to grab a chance to taste some of the most famous and delicious varieties of French cheese in the whole of Paris! Of course, the tastings will be accompanied by glasses of France's best wines, making the cafe to be a true cultural and culinary experience right in the historic center of Paris. They left the cafe with satisfying feelings. 

Sungmin then saw a bike rental shop and asked Kyuhyun whether they should rent a bike. "Yeah why not" Kyuhyun said and went to the shop to make enquiries on the rental. They rented two bikes, and they started cycling around Marais, along quaint-looking middle-aged houses, through trendy corners, and they stopped for a while when they reached Kings Square and its magnificent buildings. Sungmin couldn't help snapping lots of photos using his phone, with Kyuhyun photo-bombing most of the shots though, much to Sungmin's laughter. 

Continuing through the Bastille square, demystify its legendary prison and the famous Bastille day, they escaped from city traffic and stroll along the bike-friendly path that lines the Seine River and then Kyuhyun signalled Sungmin to stop for a nice drink cafe along the river. 

"Wow, this is nice! Cycling around the historic buildings and now this beautiful river! I'm really enjoying the view. Paris is really beautiful!" Sungmin said while sipping his lemonade. 

"Wait till you see the Champs-Elysees, Arc de Triomphe and The Eiffel Tower. I think you will pester me to quickly migrate here!" Kyuhyun laughed. 

"Which we will visit tomorrow, no?" Sungmin eyes were shining with anticipation. 

"I did apply leave, so hopefully no emergency calls!" 

"Yeyy I really can't wait to see the Eiffel Tower. Can we visit The Louvre Museum too?" 

Kyuhyun chuckled while sipping his lemonade "We have other days, my dear Min, no hurry, and I want to bring you to visit the hospital which I'm attached to. Though they are not so highly technologically advance like us in terms of medical equipments, but they have excellent filing system which I wanted to show you. Not just at Saint Louis, but in all medical centres in France. We should follow their system, which is easier for medical officers, especially the nurses team like you, to know if patients have allergies from previous hospitalisation, their food consumption, and even what medications they took previously. It's all centrally kept and any hospital can just access the patient's record, with login security access, of course". 

"Really? Wow. That will be great, because for us, we have to ask the patient or the patient's family to feed us the info. It would be good if we really know our patients through their records".

"I actually is quite impress with the system here, so this attachment give me a lot of insights to other country's way of doing things which is better than ours. And everybody are nice and helpful, nobody really look down on me for being an Asian".

"Well, coz you are a top surgeon and very handsome" 

"But happily taken" Kyuhyun winked at Sungmin. 

"You mean you wished that you are still available?" Sungmin feign sulking. 

"Well, maybe, since I have lots of suitors....." Kyuhyun shrugged and pretend to be disappointed... 

"Dr Cho Kyuhyun!!" Sungmin pretended to be angry... 

"Yes my dear boyfriend?! That's why I said, I'm happily taken. So you have to make sure that I'm yours and I don't get snatch by those pretty suitors!" 

"Or, maybe I should find my own suitors? I'm sure I will manage to find some, with my pretty face, since my dear Dr Cho prefer other suitors...." 

Kyuhyun got up and wanted to catch Sungmin for being naughty and Sungmin quickly got up and ran around the seats, laughing. Sungmin then quickly ran to his bike and cycled off, still laughing, with Kyuhyun hot on his heels. 

Kyuhyun cornered Sungmin and stopped him from cycling off. Still laughing, Sungmin said "Ok, ok, I'm totally yours, I won't find other suitors!" 

"You are so gonna get it tonight!!" Kyuhyun playfully warn him. 

"Oh god, have mercy on me!" 

Both of them laughed and parked their bikes at one corner. It was a quiet pathway and the Riverside turned more beautiful by night. At night, the river and pathway has that romantic feeling, and the romance is heightened with the watery reflections of the monuments and the bridges. 

Kyuhyun gently pull Sungmin to sit along the river. He put one hand on Sungmin shoulder to pull him closer and intertwine his other fingers with Sungmin's. The soft wind made the atmosphere more romantic, and Sungmin rest his head on Kyuhyun's shoulder. 

Both became quiet, and they were just enjoying each other's company. 

Sungmin looked up and kissed Kyuhyun's cheek. Kyuhyun smile, brought up his hand to tilt Sungmin's head, and kissed him on his lips fully. 

"I missed you so much, Min. Everytime I wish that you are here with me, and finally you are here". 

"I missed you too".

"I love you. And promise me that you won't break up with me and will never leave me, despite whatever people say?"

Sungmin smile "I promise. But can I ask something? What do you like about me?" 

"Everything! Your clumsiness when we first met, your caring, your humbleness, your beautiful and fully expression face, your round eyes, your lips, in fact everything about you that makes me crazy and want you to be mine... " 

Sungmin giggled and said "My clumsiness when we first met!! . But it was your fault, you pulled me and I lost my balance" 

"That was where it all started. I think my heart just got hook at that moment and never want to forget that big round eyes" Kyuhyun laughed. 

Sungmin laughed and rest his head on Kyuhyun's chest, and Kyuhyun tightened his hold. This is nice, just the two of them, in a nice place, away from everyone. 

And Kyuhyun asked him softly "And what do you like about me?" 

Sungmin smile "Everything too. Your loving heart, your gorgeous look, your caring, your cheekiness, your straightforwardness to come to me, and your professionalism. I admire your seriousness in your work but I don't like it when you scolded me" Sungmin giggled. 

"That incident? I'm sorry about that" Kyuhyun bent down and kissed Sungmin's head. 

"It's ok. At that time, that incident just made me realised that we are not on par. You are a surgeon whereas I am only a nurse. We are of a different status. But your love made me realised that love know no boundary. And I realised I have love you all along, and that the stabbing just proved that I cannot live without you" Sungmin hugged Kyuhyun back. 
But then his stomach made some hungry sounds, which made Kyuhyun chuckled. 

"Let's go back. We pack back food and eat at the apartment?" Kyuhyun slowly let go of Sungmin and helped him to stand up. 

"Ok let's go. We return the bike first and then buy food" 

Kyuhyun gave him a peck and they mounted their bikes. The breezy night was getting colder but the ambience along the river was just too nice to leave. 

"Kyu wait, let's take a selfie together with the river as the backdrop" Sungmin called out to Kyuhyun. 

Using his long legs to push back his bike to be next to Sungmin, Kyuhyun put his arm around Sungmin. Both of them looked so handsome and one could see happiness just radiating from their faces. 

They returned their bikes and bought pizza for their supper. Kyuhyun was looking forward to their lovemaking but then, he got an emergency call from the hospital!!  Should he tell Sungmin to sleep first or wait for him?