Evil Dr Park

Night shift


Kyuhyun was stunned after hearing the announcement that the Management wanted him to be the Head of Surgeon. Though he expected some announcements, but never in his mind to be the Head of Surgeon. It was the most prestigious honour for somebody as young as him.

But his mind has already made up. He wanted to leave Sapphire Hospital and start a new life in Paris with Sungmin. Slowly, he rose from his seat and bowed at the Dean.

"Honourable Doctor Li, Dr Kim, and all doctors, I am so honoured that you think so highly of me to hold the Head of Surgeon position. Never in my wildest dream that I can achieve this success at this point of time" Kyuhyun said humbly.

He took a deep breath and continued "However, I am sorry but I have to decline the offer. I think the honour should go to a more senior doctor who has vast experience and in-depth knowledge in this field. May I counter-propose Dr Park to be the new Head of Surgeon?" Kyuhyun gestured towards, Dr Park and started to applaud.

The Dean looked at Dr Park. Some doctors were surprised and some doctors were disappointed that Kyuhyun had turned down the offer because they think that Kyuhyun was one of the best surgeon that Sapphire Hospital has. Nevertheless they started to applaud too, to encourage Dr Park to stand up to accept the offer. Dr Park looked unhappily at Kyuhyun as he didn't want this responsibility, but did not dare to offend the Dean.

Kyuhyun smile at Dr Park and encourage him to accept the offer. He couldn't wait to tell Sungmin what happened and how he turned the table back to Dr Park. 

During the redemption, Dr Park was suddenly next to Kyuhyun. "Kyu! Why didn't you accept the offer?! Why did you suggest me instead?" 

"Hyung, I didn't want to be the Head. I'm not sure who actually nominated me, but I didn't want to disappoint everyone later because I'm actually resigning. I've handed my letter to Head of Human Resources" Kyuhyun said with as a-matter-of-fact tone. 

"What? You are resigning?? Why??" 

"I have been offered a place in Saint Louis and I will join them permanently" Kyuhyun said after taken a sip of his wine. 

"And is that Sungmin going with you??" Dr Park's tone was like sneering. Seemed like he would inform everyone about them, eventhough he didn't know that they are actually already in a relationship. 

"Whether or not Sungmin will resign or go anywhere, I think that's for him to decide and it's of no concern to you" Kyuhyun said truthfully. What he was trying to imply was for Dr Park to mind his own business. He put down his wine glass and walked out of the hall. 

"I think there is something going on between the two of them... Let's see how I can turn this news into my favour" Dr Park said with an evil smile. 

Kyuhyun walked out without turning back. Though he knew Dr Park well, he never knew that he would be nosy in his personal life! Once he reached his office, he retrieved his resignation letter that he has typed, and emailed it to Group HR. Then he left his office and walked towards the lift to go to the ward, to start his rounds. He wished that Sungmin was here on duty, but it was his day off today. When the lift door opened, he absent-mindedly walked in. 

He collided with another person who was going out from the lift "Oofffff... I'm sorry I didn't.... Sungmin!!!" he felt like he was dreaming and in a deja vu land. 

"Kyu! I'm sorry, are you okay? I was on the way to your office to eat dinner with you" Sungmin steadied his beloved Dr Cho. 

"I was thinking of you and was just surprised that you actually appeared in front of me haha!" Kyuhyun guided him out of the lift. 

"Seriously?" Sungmin smile. "I left you a message to say that I'll be coming over with your dinner. Since you were daydreaming about me, I bet you didn't check your phone!" Sungmin laughed. 

Kyuhyun pinched Sungmin's nose. They both laughed and entered Kyuhyun's office. "Min, I've submitted my resignation letter" Kyuhyun said while clearing his desk to make way for their dinner. 

"Ohhh ok. And so, what happened during the party?" Sungmin took out the food from the carrier bag and put them on the table, and then washed his hands. 

They started eating the fried rice that Sungmin brought, abd Kyuhyun told him about the offer, which made Sungmin's eyes as big as a ball! "And you turn down the Head of Surgeon offer?!!!" 

"Of course! I never want it and I have made up my mind to migrate to Paris with you" 

"Kyu, but it was such an honour! You sure you won't regret it??" 

"No... I won't regret it" 

"Okay...." 

"Why? Don't tell me you prefer a Head of Surgeon boyfriend rather than an ordinary surgeon boyfriend??" Kyuhyun . 

Sungmin punched him playfully and said "I prefer you, and it doesn't matter whether you are an office boy, or a delivery boy or a surgeon or the Dean" 

Kyuhyun laughed and was satisfied with his answer and smile happily. "How about you, when will you submit your resignation letter?" 

"I'm just a Head of nurse, so my resignation term is only 1 month, which is different from yours. Yours is 2 months, right?  So I will tender end of this month, or maybe earlier so that I have time to take up French classes" 

"I can teach you. You don't have to attend classes. I don't trust the teacher"

"Kyu, this is not Paris where there are a whole lot of gays out there"

"I don't care. You are beautiful, surely the teacher will try to date you out"

"Oh my god, this jealous doctor.." Sungmin nearly face palm himself but he was holding a pair chopsticks, so he just made a face. 

"Of course I'm jealous! I will protect what's mine!" Kyuhyun said, looking at Sungmin. To him, his Sungmin is part of his life and someone that he wants to protect all the time. 

"Okay okay, just eat. You have to do your rounds soon"

They talked more and laughed, and Sungmin cleared their containers and washed them in the sink. The good thing about a surgeon's room is, it's equipped with everything. A bed, a washroom, a sink, a wardrobe to keep their clothings, work table, x-ray screen, a laptop, and a printer. 

They left the room together and Kyuhyun accompanied Sungmin to the ground lobby. 

"Take a cab and go straight home" Kyuhyun said with some seriousness. Knowing his boyfriend's stubbornness, he would just take the subway home. 

"Yes, doctor" Sungmin playfully bowed at Kyuhyun. "Go and do your rounds. I see you tomorrow ok" Sungmin smile and waved at him. 

Kyuhyun took a deep breath, and stepped back into the lift to go to the ward floor. He was glad that Sungmin came over, at least they could spend some time together. Lately, they were on different shifts, so it was difficult to even meet for an hour. 

He think back the time they spent in Paris, they had such a great time. He couldn't wait till they migrated and start their new life in Paris. 

Unknown to him, Dr Park has been telling the Dean that the reason why Dr Cho didn't want the Head of Surgeon post was because of Sungmin. He said that Sungmin has been poisoning Dr Cho's brain with gayism and that he wanted to control Dr Cho. It seemed that it is  easier to control Dr Cho when he is just a normal surgeon compared to if he is the head of Surgeon, where Sungmin would probably feel neglected since head of Surgeon would mean Dr Cho would spend less time with Sungmin. 

Dr Park requested that the Dean sack Sungmin and then re-propose to Kyuhyun to take up the head of Surgeon post again. 

The Dean then buzz HR to ask for Sungmin's file.