Andre

Night shift


It turned out that his dear Dr Cho has to be in the emergency ward all night long due to a massive road accident. Just now when they had reached home, Kyuhyun had informed him that he had to rush over to the hospital and told him to sleep first and don't wait for him.

"What a first night in Paris, and without him!" Sungmin sighed. But he understand. It's doctor's job and moreover, Kyuhyun is a top surgeon and well respected even in Saint Louis. He is proud of Kyuhyun and wished that he could help him now. He eventually fell asleep due to exhaustion of travelling and cycling. 

The birds were chirping and Sungmin stretched happily. He didn't have a good night sleep for a long time. He felt being kissed a few times on his forehead and nose and lips, and he quickly opened his eyes. Kyuhyun was there smiling at him and though he looked extremely tired, he seemed to be in good mood. 

"Heyyy. Good morning baby" 

"Did you just got back?" Sungmin asked with surprised. "How's the hospital?" 

Kyuhyun nodded and smile "It was chaotic and hectic but all settled. It was between a tourist bus and a van, so lots of casualties but no deaths, luckily" then he looked apologetic "I'm so sorry Min, your first night in Paris and I left you alone". 

"Don't say that. You were called for duty and I fully understand. Don't worry about it" smiling, Sungmin rolled over to get up and started climbing down the steps to retrieve his toiletries bag from his luggage. Kyuhyun went down too, which made Sungmin looked up at him "Kyu, why don't you catch some sleep first while I bathe?"

"Let's bathe together" Kyuhyun smile and took a clean towel for Sungmin. "Min, how about we travel to Colmar today instead of going to Eiffel Tower? It's about 4hrs travelling by train, so the earlier we leave from here, the better". 

"Colmar? Ohhh is it those colourful cottages, near to the border with Germany? But isn't it far and you are tired?" Sungmin said with concern. 

"I can sleep in the train" Kyuhyun said and hugged Sungmin from behind and lifted him up and laughing, carried him to the bathroom, ignoring shoutings from Sungmin. 

They bought croissants, crepes and some doughnuts and munch while walking to Les Halles metro station. Kyuhyun informed Sungmin that they will be boarding Line 4 train towards Porte de Clignancourt, alight at Gare de l'East Station and transfer to TGV train towards Strasbourg. Thereafter they need to transfer to TER  train  towards Basel-SBB and alight at Bahnhof Colmar. 

As all these names sounds so strange to Sungmin, smiling, he said "Whatever, I just follow you". 

Once they were on board the TGV train, Kyuhyun made himself comfortable and slept on Sungmin's shoulder. Luckily they were seated at the last carriage and at back, so nobody bothered about them. Sungmin was at the window seat and he was at awe at how beautiful France's countryside was.

Sungmin googled Colmar, and he read with interest that Colmar is a town in the Grand Est region of northeastern France, near the border with Germany. Its is an old town with cobblestone streets lined with half-timbered medieval and early Renaissance buildings. The Gothic 13th-century, Eglise Saint-Martin church stands on central Place de la Cathédrale. The city is on the Alsace Wine Route, and local vineyards specialize in Riesling and Gewürztraminer wines. "Wow, we can taste some wine!!" he said to himself. 

The area of canals along Colmar's Lauch River is known as La Petite Venise (Little Venice), which is lined with colorful houses. The river passes through the old fishermen's district and can be explored by boat. The Unterlinden Museum, a former convent, houses Matthias Grünewald's 16th-century Isenheim Altarpiece alongside works by Fernand Léger and Picasso. 

"Wow, I can't wait to see Colmar!!" Sungmin said while looking down at Kyuhyun's side profile on his shoulder. 

"Poor Kyu, you must be so tired" Sungmin his hair lovingly. 

Kyuhyun is gorgeous even from his side profile and even when he was sleeping. No wonder the ladies at Saint Louis were all crazy about him! 

"Too bad ladies, he's mine" Sungmin chuckled. 

The view outside was awesome and Sungmin fished out his handphone from his pocket and started clicking away. The vineyard, pretty houses, and rivers really took his breath away. He wanted to wake Kyuhyun up so that he could see it too, but his boyfriend was so deep in sleep!! Maybe he won't even wake up if there was a bomb blast outside! 

A train inspector was checking all commuters ticket. He asked Sungmin "Où allez-vous monsieur?" (Where are you going, sir?) 

"Oh , what does he mean?" Sungmin asked himself with alarmed. He stuttered "Errrr... errr... Colmar" and handed over their two tickets to the inspector. 

The inspector punched the two tickets, and smiling, he handed both tickets back to Sungmin "Je vois, eh bien amusez-vous" (I see, well, do enjoy yourselves). And he added "D'où venez-vous, monsieur?" (Where are you from, sir?) 

"Ohmygod, can he just walk away?" Sungmin was starting to freak out. 

"I'm sorry, I see that you don't speak French. I was asking where are you from?" the inspector smile again, speaking in English this time. He was indeed very handsome and very pleasant. 

"I'm from Korea" Sungmin answered, smiling too. 

"Wow, I wish I can visit your country one day. I am a Super Junior fan" the handsome inspector said again, smiling widely. 

"Really? You like their songs?" Sungmin smile with surprise. He just realised that they were seated at the last row, that was why the inspector stayed and talked to him, because he has finished punching all the tickets. And this French guy likes KPop songs! 

"Oui! I like their songs" he laughed, and started dancing "Sorry sorry" briefly. Sungmin laughed and nodded. He saw that his name is 'Andre Adel'. What a nice name, and he has a very pleasant personality. French people are really proud of their job. It's something his countrymen should learn from. 

"I'm Andre" he said, extending his hand to Sungmin. 

"Hi, I'm Sungmin. And my friend here is Kyuhyun". 

"Your sleeping friend" Andre laughed. "Nice to meet you, Sungmin. C'est bon, have a great time in Colmar, oui!" Andre waved at Sungmin and walked back to the next carriage. 

Sungmin smile at the retreating figure. "Andre" he thought to himself. Contrary to what he read, French people are actually nice. Hope he could meet more nice people while he is here in France! 

Kyuhyun was literarily sleep-walking when they changed train to TER service at Strasbourg. When the reached Bahnhof Colmar station, Sungmin shook his sleepy boyfriend. "Kyu, we are here". 

"Hmmm? Here where?.... " Kyuhyun said in his half-sleep state. 

"We are here in Colmar!! Wake up doctor!" 

"Ohhh, sorry, did I sleep long?" Kyuhyun stretched and yawn.

"You slept the whole journey! Some boyfriend you are!"

"Sorry Min, think your shoulder is so comfy hahaha" Kyuhyun laughed and got up, pulling Sungmin's hand along. 

They stepped out and started walking along the railway station, Gare de Colmar. 

Gare de Colmar is an old but quaint railway station located in Colmar, in the Haut-Rhin département of Alsace, France. The same design was used in the construction of Gdansk's principal railway station in Poland.  Sungmin was busy taking photos and was walking behind Kyuhyun when he bumped into somebody. 

"Ohh, je suis désolé" the guy turned around and apologised to Sungmin for getting into his way. 

At the same time, Sungmin said "I'm sorry!! I'm sorry!!" and bowed a bit to apologies. 

"Ohh Sungmin!! We meet again!" 

"Andre? Hi! I thought you went back with the train for the train returned journey!" 

"Ahh, non, how do I say it, ahh, it is my off day" Andre said, smiling. By now Kyuhyun had turned around to look at them, and wondering who is this guy talking to his boyfriend.

"I see, that's great! Oh yes, this is Kyuhyun" And Sungmin in turn introduced Kyuhyun, saying in Korean, "Kyu, this is Andre Adel, the ticket inspector in our TSV train just now". 

"Ravi de vous rencontrer" (Nice to meet you), Kyuhyun nodded, smiling. 

"Wow, vous parlez français!" (Wow, you speak French!), Andre was surprised, and shook hand with Kyuhyun. Then he said in English "I better get going, you two enjoy Colmar! See you, Sungmin!" 

Sungmin waved at Andre. 

"And while I was sleeping, you make friends with that ticket inspector?" Kyuhyun said with his hands on his hips. 

"Are jealous Dr Cho?" Sungmin .

"Of course! Without me knowing, a guy started befriending with my boyfriend!" 

"So?..." Sungmin started walking ahead and continue taking photos. 

"What do you mean by that?... " Kyuhyun practically ran after his boyfriend. 

"He is a nice guy, Kyu, and he likes KPop. He even know how to dance Super Junior's Sorry Sorry!!" Sungmin laughed. 

"He has eyes on you" 

"Don't be ridiculous. You are just jealous" Sungmin showed his tongue at Kyuhyun. 

"What if I am?"

"Kyu, seriously, you are jealous???"