Farewell party

Night shift

 

"Min! I sold my car already!" Kyuhyun called and told Sungmin two nights before his last day in Sapphire Hospital.

"So fast? But you still have 1 more day to go to work..."

"I can take a bus..."

"Are you sure you want to fight with the morning crowd...?" Sungmin laughed. He was in his room, at his parents home in Ilsan.

"Just for 1 day, I think I can survive taking a bus..." Kyuhyun chuckled. "Initially I was thinking to drive to Seoul and sell my car there, but I got this car in Daejeon and it's Daejeon car plate, so I don't think so I can sell it in Seoul" 

"Oh yes, i forgot about that" 

"Heyyy, by the way, your best friend got himself a secret admirer!!" 

"What? Who? You mean Ryeowook??" 

"Yup! And his secret admirer is a new transfered doctor from Busan, supposedly to replace me"

"You introduced him to Wook?" 

"I was bringing him around, then last week I brought him up to your wards at level 5.... and he was so smitten by Wook!! He kept starring and smiling at him and he thought i didn't notice! Hahaha" 

"Oh really!! What's the new doctor's name? Is he handsome?" 

"Dr Kim Jongwoon. And ahemmm, he can't beat me in terms of who is more handsome" Kyuhyun laughed. 

Sungmin rolled his eyes and shook his head "Dr Cho, stop praising yourself..." 

"Am I not handsome to you?" 

Sungmin chuckled "Yes my dearest boyfriend, you are!" 

Kyuhyun laughed. He really can't wait to see Sungmin again. He missed him to death. "Dr Kim is on the good looking but on the cute side. But if you see him with Wook, I think they are a perfect match" 

"Do you have a photo of him? Did he ask for Wook's number? Did you give him?" 

"Wow wow why so many questions..? 

"I want to tease Wook!! I want to call him to say that I missed him" 

"I see that you didn't miss me at all..." Kyuhyun . 

"Dr Cho! I missed you to death! But we are meeting soon, so it's bearable now. But for Wook, i won't be seeing him at all" 

"Ok ok i'm just joking!" Kyuhyun laughed. "Wait, let me send you Dr Kim's picture. We took a selfie yesterday when we completed one surgery" Kyuhyun selected the photo and sent to Sungmin. 

"I'll wait for the photo!! Anyway I think the doctors and nurses will surely organise a farewell party for you tomorrow" 

"I guess so. I hope it will not be too late! I've already decline 2 invitations for a drink, though. I told them that I need to pack"

"Ohh I received the photo! Wow! He's not bad at all! Yeahhh I think he is a good match for Wook!" Sungmin said happily. He really hope that they could start a relationship so that finally Wook would have somebody special. "So Kyu, when will you be reaching Seoul?" 

"I will reach Seoul on this Saturday afternoon, about 3pm? Thereabout. I'll call you once I'm there okay" 

"Okay. Have you taken your dinner?" 

"Yeah, personal pan pizza, I bought it on my way home from the car dealer" 

"Okay then, have a good rest and see you soon, Kyu!" 

"See you love! Muackks" Kyuhyun gave a french kiss and Sungmin giggled and said his goodbye again. 

Kyuhyun looked at his phone's home screen. It was the two of them taking a selfie with the Eiffel Tower as the background. How he missed Sungmin, and like what Sungmin said, they knew that they were meeting soon, so the missing part became bearable now. He couldn't wait till they are reunited again. 

In Sapphire Hospital's Group HR department, a full swing investigation was actually going on with regards to Dr Park's conduct, service level and commitment to patients. Other than the complaint brought up by Dr Cho to the panel of doctors, there was a complaint brought up by the head of cardiovascular team, Dr Song to Group HR too. And, apparently, a few patients have also been complaining about Dr Park's irresponsible behaviour and at times, giving wrong diagnosis resulting in patients suffering from unnecessary side effects. 

Kyuhyun only got to know about the investigation when Dr Song told him about it after a surgery in the morning. Surprisingly, Dr Park was still cheerful when Kyuhyun saw him talking to a nurse earlier. He still couldn't forgive Dr Park for questioning Sungmin and trailing him to the coach station!

At 4pm while Kyuhyun was washing his mug to bring it home, he got a text about an urgent panel of doctors meeting at Conference Room 1. He sighed "Must be regarding Dr Park" Kyuhyun thought to himself. He quickly left his room and went down to the Conference Room. He knocked and opened the door. 

"Surprise!!!!!! Everyone was clapping and cheering him and he saw doctors, nurses, admin staff, interns and even some of his patients all gathered in the conference room!

"Ohmygod! You surprised me! I thought there's an urgent meeting!" Kyuhyun held his chess and laughed, making everybody laughed too. He playfully punched Dr Song for sending that urgent text and Dr Song laughed and led hom to the middle of the room. Kyuhyun now saw more people who waved at him, Dr Kim, Ryeowook, Hyukjae, Sunny, and many more, abd and Kyuhyun was overwhelm with emotion as he won't be seeing all of them after he left Daejeon. He was glad though that Dr Park wasn't here. 

Dr Song took the mike to give a short speech "As you all know, today is Dr Cho's last day with us. Though we are all sad, but let's cheer for him as he would be joining Saint Louis Hospital as a permanent surgeon, something that we can be proud off as he would be the first Korean to be accepted as full-time surgeon!!". 

Everyone was clapping, cheering and whistling for Kyuhyun, and they simultaneously shouted fighting! Kyuhyun was so touch that they were proud of him and bowed a few times. 

Dr Song passed the mike to Kyuhyun "I feel so touch, honoured and happy that you all organise this farewell party for me. I truly enjoyed my time here in Sapphire Hospital and you all are like my 2nd family. The reason why I decided to join Saint Louis as full time surgeon is because I want to bring Korean's expertise there, to show them that we Asians are equally good or actually better than them, and for them not to look down on Asians" and there rounds of applause and cheering again. 

"My long term plan is actually to have my own pharmacy and to introduce Korean medicines to the French people. So maybe one day if you visit Paris and saw a Korean pharmacy, do drop by and buy medicines from me..." Kyuhyun laughed making everybody laughed too, nodding their heads and clapped again. 

Dr Song gestured everyone to take group photos and then invited Kyuhyun and everyone to eat. 

Ryeowook recorded everything and sent the video to Sungmin. Sungmin was so touched that almost everyone were there at Kyuhyun's farewell and he was so proud of his dearest Dr Cho. 

Kyuhyun ever mentioned to him about his long term plan. He wanted to open a pharmacy and for Sungmin to run the pharmacy together with him. Though it might be 10 years from now, Sungmin believed that Kyuhyun could make it happened. 

He couldn't wait to start their new life in Paris and worked towards their dream...