Dr Park

Night shift

Colmar is so pretty that it doesn’t feel real. Cobblestone streets run next to canals lined with half-timbered houses in shades of rose, sky blue, lemon, peppermint, and apricot, many dating back to the 14th century.

The olde worlde buildings are distinctly Germanic, but they feature elegant French shutters. To Sungmin,catering all these beautiful houses, it can be hard to remember that he is in France, but locals speak French and the bakeries are full of croissants and pain au chocolat.

To tame his boyfriend's jealousy, Sungmin has hugged Kyuhyun and whispered "You are the one that I love" and Dr Cho immediately smile. His jealousy disappeared! 

As they wandered the streets, they felt like they had stepped into the pages of a fairytale. Locals seemed proud of their attractive homes, decorating them with pots of geraniums, colourful shutters, wrought iron lamps and signs, and often even more bizarre adornments.

"The whole town is so beautiful!! Thank you, Kyu, for deciding to come here!!!" Sungmin said, when they stopped for a drink in a cafe, and got seats at a corner table, overlooking the river. The ambience is so beautiful, with tourist boats moving along the river, like Venice.

"I read that Strasbourg town is pretty too, and Riquewihr. Very quaint and untouch by modern developments. But we don't have time to go to these two places today. Maybe another day."

"It's ok, I'm satisfied with Colmar and spending the time with you" Sungmin smile at his boyfriend. Kyuhyun put his arm around Sungmin and together, they explore more of this beautiful village. 

Back in Sapphire Hospital, Dr Park was talking to Ryeowook on some complaints that he received from a patient's family. 

"Ryeowook, can you help me check our former patient, Kim Heechul's medical record? Was the correct dosage given when he was warded?"

"Sure, but anything wrong, Dr Park?" Ryeowook started logging in to the laptop to retrieve Kim Heechul's record.

"The family called to complain that Mr Kim didn't want to take his medication and that they suspected that we didn't give him any while he stayed here, that's why he now refuse to take any pills"

"What? We didn't give him?? He was the one who always made our life miserable by refusing to take his meds!!! Only Sungmin-hyung managed to get him to take his meds! Other nurses will just got chased away by him!!"

"Oh I see, so he was the one that didn't want his meds. But, how did Sungmin managed to get him to eat them?"

"Beats me, Dr Park. But Sungmin-hyung has this talent to coax patients to take their meds! He would talk to them nicely and tell them stories about the medicines and the wonderful things that it can do to your body, etc, etc, etc"

"Hmm, ok, where's Sungmin by the way?"

"He is still on leave Dr Park"

"Oh yes, when is he back? Where did he go?"

Ryeowook wanted to say that Sungmin went to visit Dr Cho in Paris, but he hold it back. Instead, he said "Hmm, I think he visited his family in Ilsan. Last I heard was his grandmother was sick. You want me to call him?" 

"No, no, nevermind, thanks Ryeowook. Oh yes, I'll be flying to Paris for holiday this Friday night. Maybe I will meet up with Dr Cho!" Dr Park said, smiling, waved and walked off. 

"Ohh no! Dr Park is going to Paris!! I must text Sungmin-hyung coz I bet that he is with Dr Cho! I must warn him!" Ryeowook told himself, panic started to build up! He quickly grabbed his phone and started texting. But then, will Sungmin-hyung read it because, unless he has WiFi, the message will  be delayed.

He tried his luck anyway "Sungmin-hyung! Dr Park is flying to Paris this Friday night and he planned to catch up with Dr Cho!! You two better have some plans to disappear or you try not to be visible!!" he click the send button. It would be noon time in Paris, so Ryeowook hope that the message got delivered and in time for Sungmin-hyung to plan something. 

He took a deep breath. He knew that they were going into a relationship when Sungmin-hyung moved into Dr Cho's apartment but he has no idea how serious they were at now. He just hope that Dr Park didn't meet them together else Sungmin-hyung would surely get his lecture again. 

He walked back to his station and continued with his work to update the patients' data. He checked his phone, no reply from Sungmin-hyung yet. 

Though the day was becoming warmer, it became more breezier. Such a lovely afternoon in Colmar. Kyuhyun pointed to a quaint cafe near to Grand'Rue, called L'Atelier des Saveurs, and as they walked closer, the aroma of fresh pizza kept pulling them into the cafe. They looked through the mouth-watering pizza, lasagne and pasta, and decided to stick to pizza. 

Sungmin was showing Kyuhyun the photos that he took, when a message alert came in. "Heyy it's Wook" Sungmin said, bringing his phone nearer. 

"Ryeowook? He must have missed you!" Kyuhyun , while a waiter brought their pizzas. 

Sungmin chuckled "Must be something urgent, else he wouldn't message me" Sungmin said while retrieving the message. The WiFi is slow and finally the message pop out. 

Sungmin read with his eyes in disbelief. "What?!!! Onmygod!!" 

Kyuhyun looked up from biting his pizza "What? What's wrong?" 

Sungmin showed his message to Kyuhyun, who also showed a disbelief look. "Maybe, if Dr Park message me, I just don't respond" Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulder. 

"He knows that you are in Saint Louis, Kyu. He'll find you there" Sungmin folded his arms and lean back. 

", I forgot about that" Kyuhyun said. He leaned back in his seat too. "Anyway Min, I will only agree to meet up with him, if he text me that is, in Saint Louis. I will just say that I'm busy if he wants to meet at night or during the weekends. But I would think that he'll be busy travelling, unlikely that he would want to meet up more than once" Kyuhyun continued eating. 

Sungmin started to eat too "Mmmmm this is nice!!! It's a good choice to come here!" Sungmin showed his thumbs up.

"Will you be okay to travel alone when I'm working? I can sign you up with day tours package and I meet you at night to go for dinner". 

"Yup, I'll be okay, don't worry. I'm okay too for hop-on hop-off bus. I can tour some places on foot". 

"No, we'll go together if you want to take the hop-on bus. I'll be off again in 3 days time, so you don't go on your own. You are too beautiful to wonder on your own coz French men will surely want to date you". 

Sungmin chuckled. This dude still didn't know that his heart, body and soul belongs to him. His one and only Dr Cho. "Kyu, really, I'm fine to go around alone". 

"No, you don't know French guys. There are a lot of homo guys here and they will surely want to get to know you. I don't like anybody to come close to you".

"There you go again. So jealous!" 

"How can I not? My boyfriend is so beautiful!" 

"Thank you. But I'm all yours you know. My one and only Dr Cho is enough for me" Sungmin smile teasingly. 

Kyuhyun felt his phone vibrate, and looking at Sungmin, he fished out his phone from his pocket. He rolled his eyes and showed Sungmin that it was really from Dr Park. 

Dr Park texted "Hi Kyu! Guess what? I'm on the way to Paris! Want to meet up for a drink? I'll be there on Saturday morning. Let me know ok" Kyuhyun read out. He just close his phone and chuck it on the table. 

"Heyyy, you should be grateful that he regarded you as one of the best doctor. Other doctors will just grab the opportunity and wouldn't give way to others" Sungmin said, biting his last pizza. He was so satisfied with his lunch. It was the best pizza that he ever ate!! 

"He just scared to take this up. That's why he suggested for me to go!" Kyuhyun finished up his pizza and wipe his mouth. "Let's order wine?" 

"Sure, which one do you suggest? Anyway, Kyu, it's a good opportunity to be here right? For you, for Sapphire Hospital and for South Korea" Sungmin said while flipping the wine menu. 

Kyuhyun was thinking more on how to reply. He wanted to spend time with Sungmin whenever possible, but Dr Park ruin it. He flipped the wine menu too and went through the list. Alsace area are famous for their wine. 

"How about this 2016 Zind-Humbrecht Grand Cru Brand Riesling" Kyuhyun pointed to Sungmin. 

"How on earth you manage to pronounce that?" he chuckled. "I go with whatever you recommend, Dr Cho". 

Kyuhyun laughed. He placed his order, and then picked up his phone to type a reply to Dr Park. 

Sungmin read in Google that Alsace specializes in Riesling, Pinot Gris, Gewurztraminer and Pinot Noir, its lone red wine. There is also a wide-open range of sparkling wines made in the same traditional method as Champagne known as Cremant d’Alsace. They are exciting, full, delicate, complex, and one-third the price of Champagne.

Truthfully, these wines work at the table any time of year, but the heat of summer is a great time to rediscover them. Sungmin is glad that they came here, at least he gets to taste Alsace wine!! 

After Kyuhyun sent his message, He got a reply almost immediately. "That's great, see you on Saturday, lunch! I want to introduce you to my niece!" 

"What the hell..." Kyuhyun read it with disbelief, and looked up at Sungmin.