Unwanted acquaintance

Night shift

 

Kyuhyun agreed to go for a drink with Dr Song and Dr Kim. Ryeowook joined them for a short while only as he needed to rush back to start his shift. Kyuhyun stood up to shook his hand, and then Ryeowook gave him a hug and whispered to send his regards to Sungmin. 

Ryeowook then took his bag and bid his goodbyes to both Dr Song and Dr Kim. But as Kyuhyun was still standing, he managed to catch that brief moment when Dr Kim held and squeezed Ryeowook's hand before he left! So, their relationship was progressing well! He was happy for them and will tell Sungmin about it! 

"Guess what? I heard that Dr Park will be transfered out of Sapphire Hospital!" Dr Song told them, as Kyuhyun was sitting down. 

"Was that his punishment?" Kyuhyun asked, amazed that Dr Park could still work as a doctor.

"But why he needed to be transferred? Did he do something wrong?" Dr Kim asked, as he didn't know what happened.

Dr Song told him briefly about Dr Park's misconduct and Kyuhyun was glad that Dr Song was the one who explained to Dr Kim, so the part that Dr Park suspected Sungmin has a relationship with Kyuhyun was not told. Dr Song didn't know anyway, so their secret was safe with Ryeowook. But he reckoned that eventually Dr Kim would know about it too. 

"Mino, do you know where the panel of doctors transfered him to?" Kyuhyun asked Dr Song.

"You'll never guess!" Dr Song laughed. "I heard it's Gimcheon Juvenile Correctional Institution at Daegu!"

"As in prison? He will serve as a doctor to inmates?" Dr Kim asked.

"Yes! Juvenile inmates!" Dr Song laughed.

"Oh my, I heard that a lot of doctors resigned from there because the juvenile inmates fought everyday, and the number of injured inmates were many, until the medical team often ran out of medical supplies. And these injured inmates would even punched the doctors and the nurses!" Kyuhyun added, shaking his head. Serve Dr Park right!

"Wow, but at least the panel of doctors did not sack Dr Park. Else he would be out of job" Dr Kim said, pitying him.

"We'll see how long he will last there! Yes, Kyuhyun is right. I heard a lot of doctors resigned or begged to be transferred out, so if you get transferred there, it was like sending you to hell!" Dr Song sipped his beer, still smiling happily. Dr Park has been giving him so much trouble that he was glad that Kyuhyun lodged a complaint to the panel of doctors. 

Dr Song turned to Kyuhyun "Heyy Kyu, once you have Paris mobile number, add my number and text me, so that I can update you on him!" Dr Song patted Kyuhyun's shoulder.

"Yes, yes, I will save all your numbers!" Kyuhyun laughed.

"I admire you, you know! You always think ahead and have direction in life! That is something that i need to learn from you" Dr Song told Kyuhyun. 

"Maybe because I like to try something new, so my attachment there helps me to open up my eyes to more opportunities. You can do it too!" Kyuhyun patted Dr Song's shoulder. 

"No, no, stay here at Sapphire Hospital first, or else I have no other friends!!" Dr Kim said, making both Dr Song and Kyuhyun laughed. They talked more on the hospital matters in general and did a toast for Kyuhyun's future. 

Before they parted ways, both Dr Song and Dr Kim hugged Kyuhyun and gave him plenty of encouragements for his new life in Paris. Kyuhyun was so touch that he has good friends who really cared for him.

The next morning, Kyuhyun gave his apartment key to his agent as a potential buyer would be coming to see his apartment. Once his apartment has been sold, his agent would deposit the sale proceeds into his bank account. He gave Kyuhyun a lift to the coach station and Kyuhyun thanked him else he would need to drag his two big luggage into a cab.

As his coach started moving, he looked back at Daejeon. He started working here after being head-hunted by Sapphire Hospital and they had arranged to transfer him from his previous hospital in Seoul. 

He didn't regret working in Sapphire Hospital because that was where he met Sungmin. He smile fondly at that thought, and took a deep breath and leaned back to rest. Just thinking about his boyfriend was enough to make him happy. He sent Sungmin a text saying that his coach was leaving Daejeon and he would text him again once he reached Seoul. 

Sungmin was contemplating to drive Seoul Express Bus Terminal to fetch his beloved Dr Cho. Kyuhyun would be arriving around 3pm, so he has enough time to drive to Seocho-gu, Seoul. They can have a drink at Goto Mall before Sungmin sent him back to his parent's house. 

"Aiishh, I should go and fetch him since omma is not using her car. And I missed him...." Sungmin said to himself and decided to go. He told his mum about it and then left his home. 

Before he started the car, he text Kyuhyun that he would fetch him, and to meet him at the passenger waiting area, at the left most corner. He knew Kyuhyun won't get his message now, but at least once the coach exited the highway towards Seoul, he should receive his text. 

Kyuhyun was reading a medical article from his ipad when he felt his phone vibrated. He looked out the window and realised that the coach has exited the highway. He took out his phone and smile happily to see a text from Sungmin. He replied back "Ahhh okay, great! Love you Min. See you later!". 

He was about to keep his phone in his pocket when the coach turned into another road, causing him to drop his phone and it slide near to the seat to his left. A lady who was seated there picked it up and smilingly handed it back to Kyuhyun. 

"Hi, here's your phone" she said sweetly. 

"Sorry, and thank you very much!" Kyuhyun reached over to take it. He bowed slightly. 

"Are you travelling alone?" 

"Ermm.. yes, for this journey" 

"I'm Irene by the way. I'm visiting my family in Seoul" 

Kyuhyun was like "Okay, I'm actually not interested to know..." but he didn't say it out loud, of course. He simply smile and said "I see. Your family must be happy". 

"What's your name?" Irene pressed on. 

"I'm Cho. Nice to meet you" he said simply, wanted to end the conversation. 

But Irene continued "Will you be staying long in Seoul?" 

"No, only for a few days" 

"Ahhh, I see, we could meet for a drink..." 

"I'm so sorry, I'll be very busy settling some of my stuff here, so I don't really have free time" 

Irene seemed very disappointed. "This guy was such a good catch and super handsome. But since Daejeon, he has been minding his own business. He didn't even noticed me!" Irene was talking to herself.  "Okay then, nice to know you, Cho". 

Kyuhyun smile and gave a slight bow and kept his phone in his pocket. "Well, I hope she mind her own business from now on. We still have about 30mins before reaching the coach station..." Kyuhyun told himself. She is pretty but too upfront. Any guys could easily guessed that she was only interested to get a boyfriend.  

Kyuhyun resumed reading the article on his ipad, but subconsciously he sensed that Irene was observing him. Maybe admiring his side profile? "See Sungmin, you have a competition here..." he said to himself, suppressing his laughter. 

The coach reached Seoul Express Bus Terminal and Kyuhyun packed his ipad into his backpack. He texted Sungmin and was about to stand up when he saw that Irene was trying to pull her handcarry bag from the overhead compartment, and was contemplating whether to help her or not. "Aishhhh, it will be rude if I didn't offer my help..." Kyuhyun sighed. 

"Wait, let me help you..." Kyuhyun offered his help. 

"Awww thank you, so nice of you!!" 

Kyuhyun easily brought her bag down and politely passed it to her. He bowed slightly and said "goodbye", and went down the coach to retrieve his 2 big luggage. He adjusted his backpack and lifted up the handles of his 2 luggage and pulled them along, into the arrival area.

Sungmin waved at him from the corner that he was standing. He looked so handsome, with his some of his fringe falling on his forehead, and he was wearing an army green coloured shirt and a 3/4 kakhi coloured pants. Kyuhyun waved back and was about to walked towards Sungmin when somebody called his name. 

"Cho!! Let me give you a ride? My family is here and our family car is big" Irene smile sweetly at him. 

"Ahhhh, it's okay, thank you very much, Irene. My friend is here to fetch me" Kyuhyun bowed slightly at her, and then at her family behind her. 

"Ohhh.. okay. Thank you for retrieving my bag just now.  See you" Irene said in disappointment and bowed slightly at Kyuhyun too. 

Kyuhyun waved and turned to walk towards where Sungmin was waiting. 

"Heyyy Kyu, welcome back!!" Sungmin stepped forward to hug him. 

Kyuhyun hugged him back and whispered "I missed you... "

"Want to sit down for a bite and a drink first?" Sungmin held one of the luggage. 

"Yeah why not? I'm hungry!" Kyuhyun held the other luggage, and put his arm around Sungmin's shoulder and started walking. 

"Who was that girl?" Sungmin asked casually. 

"My girlfriend for 2 weeks since you wasn't around to entertain me...." Kyuhyun said with a straight face. 

Sungmin chuckled, knowing that Kyuhyun was only joking. So he decided to play along. "Hmmm, you got taste. She's pretty" 

"She is right?!! I'm popular with girls you know..." 

"I guess as much.... So, shall we ask her to join us??" 

"If you don't mind... why not..?" 

"Okay... I ask her" and Sungmin jokingly turned back to walk to the arrival lobby again. 

Kyuhyun laughed and pulled him back, making Sungmin laughed too. Kyuhyun put his arm on Sungmin's shoulder again. "I really miss you, Min". 

Sungmin smile at him "I miss you too Dr Cho.." 

"Oh yes, Wook sent his regards to you. And his relationship with Dr Kim seemed like progressing very well!!" 

"Really??!!! Wow, I'm so happy for him!!" Sungmin happily said and pointed to Kyuhyun a corner front table at a cafe. 

Kyuhyun nodded and they walked there, arranging the two luggage next to them. Kyuhyun put his backpack on the seat next to him. "Caramel latte?" 

"Yeah, and tuna sandwich" 

Kyuhyun placed their orders and walked back to their table with the tracker indicator. 

"I texted Wook. He told me that they have gone for 2 dates already !!" Sungmin laughed. 

Kyuhyun chuckled "Wook is lucky. Last time a certain someone was very hard to get. I have to be stabbed and lying in hospital then that person agreed to be my boyfriend" 

Sungmin playfully kicked him and said "shut up..." , making Kyuhyun broke into laughter.

The tracker device lighted up and Kyuhyun got up to collect their orders. They just started eating when Irene suddenly appeared next to them, from the outside walkways. 

"Cho!! I think we are meant to meet!" she giggled, and then said "These are my parents" she turned slightly, gesturing to her parents who were next to her. 

"Ohmygod, this girl, how should I get rid of her..." Kyuhyun cursed to himself. He bowed slightly and greeted her parents, and then bowed again and continued eating.

"This is my number, call me if you have time for a drink, okay? Bye..." and she waved her hand after putting a piece of paper with her number next to Kyuhyun..