Happy life!

Night shift

 

The episode where Dr Cho slept all the way to Strasbourg became their personal joke, year after year. Sungmin would use it if his Dr Cho became stubborn or didn't want to listen to him, especially on his sleeping habits, or rather the lack of it. 

The problem was, Dr Cho could work 48 hours straight, without sleeping, but once he slept, he slept like a log! So Sungmin always chided him for not having proper sleeping time and if he continued to work like that, one day, he would fell asleep due to fatigue and found himself woke up in another place, just like what happened in Strasbourg! 

Thinking back about that trip would always put a smile on Sungmin's face. Strasbourg was lovely and unique and they had a really wonderful time. After Strasbourg, Kyuhyun drove to Colmar, another unique and quaint little town, and beautifully decorated like a fairy tale town. They took the boat at Little Venice, and walked around the quaint little shops and Sungmin bought Kusmi tea for their landlord and for themselves. 

They had since moved from that rented apartment, to their current apartment which Kyuhyun had purchased it at a very good price. But they still keep in touch with the previous landlady and had invited her out for a drink few times and they became friends. 

6 years have past, and whenever they could take leave together, they would re-visited both Strasbourg and Colmar again as they love these two cities very much. 

Their very own pharmacy would be officially opened on this coming December 3rd, and Sungmin was now busy arranging medicines that has just arrived from Daejeon and Seoul.

"Heyy Wook, thanks, we have received the meds. Yes, we'll let you know when we need to order again. Alright, send my regards to Dr Kim. Yup I will, bye Wook...!!" Sungmin said in a long distance phone call to Ryeowook.  

Together with Dr Kim Jongwoon, Ryeowook and Dr Kim had left Sapphire Hospital and set up their medical supplies business. And of course, they had informed Kyuhyun and Sungmin, who now became their major business partner! Ryeowook and Dr Kim became Kyuhyun's and Sungmin's sole supplier for Korean medicines which they import directly into Paris. And Ryeowook would always nag at Kyuhyun for always asking for discounts! 

Months earlier, when Kyuhyun managed to secure a shop space, he quickly seek appropriate approval to open a pharmaceutical outlet. With the money that he received after selling his Daejeon apartment, together with their savings, their dream finally came true when they received an approval to commence their business. 

The first month after they migrated to Paris was the toughest for Sungmin. After they came back from Colmar, Kyuhyun started working at Saint Louis Hospital but Sungmin couldn't find any appropriate job.  As Kyuhyun often needed to work late, Sungmin became more lonely and eventually enrolled himself in a part time course for Chinese acupuncture in Rue du Javelot, with Kyuhyun's encouragement. 

With his skill as a nurse, Sungmin easily understood the art of acupuncture and could find the correct points on human body easily.  Acupuncture points are anatomically defined areas on the skin relative to certain landmarks on the body. The original Chinese pictographs for acupoints indicated that there were holes in the skin through which qi energy could flow. These acupoints can be reliably detected with electrodermal measurements.

Sungmin got a job as assistant acupuncturist in a TCM in Rue du Javelot, and after 5 years, he had gain enough knowledge to take up an exam to be a qualified TCM acupuncturist within Paris endorrisment. 

So they had been diligently putting aside their salaries into their savings, and eventually had sufficient capital to start the pharmacy business. Their pharmacy would be specialising on Korean medicines and has two rooms for medical--acupuncture treatment. Kyuhyun would be the one carrying out the initial assessment as a qualified doctor, and if the patient prefers to undergo acupuncture treatment, Sungmin would then take over. 

Kyuhyun had tendered his resignation at Saint Louis Hospital and now both he and Sungmin were ready to commence their pharmaceutical business. 

"I can't believe that our dream pharmacy is now a reality!!! I must thank you for your sacrifice to resign from your job and became full time attending to what the pharmacy needs, endless liaising with Wook on the medical supplies, and arranging and documented everything!! I couldn't achieve this dream without you, Min!" Dr Cho said over dinner, two days before the pharmacy official opening. 

Sungmin chuckled "It's my pleasure! I'm equally proud because it's something that we can finally call our own! And guess what? Two of my previous patients have already book a slot to go through a thorough medical checkup with you, and acupuncture treatment with me! It's a good start, isn't it?" 

"Really??!! Wow, yeah, it IS a good start!! Ermmm, so do I need to book a slot too if I need an acupuncture treatment from my boyfriend?" Kyuhyun . 

Sungmin punched Kyuhyun's arm playfully "I will give you special treatment at night..." 

"Owww, I'm looking forward to it!!!!" Kyuhyun laughed. Even after all these years, they were still like that. Teasing each other, loving each other and only have eyes for each other. 

Their pharmacy was officially opened on 3rd of December and much to both Kyuhyun and Sungmin's surprise, a lot of visitors came to look around, buy medicines and even queue up to book a consultation slot. Luckily they had recruited 2 students to help managed the crowd, or else they surely wouldn't be able to cope! 

Their pharmacy, 'La Joie Pharmacie' became quite well known even to the local French residents. The older French folks often came for acupuncture treatment and they would recommend their friends as well, and before long, Kyuhyun has to extend their operating hours till 6.30pm to clear the queue.  Most of the pharmacies in Paris would already close by 5pm.

On New Year's eve, which was also the eve of Sungmin's birthday, Kyuhyun proposed to him, on one knee, much to Sungmin's surprised! He bought a diamond ring, more on the masculine design, and said, on one knee, just before their dinner "Min, I know that this is long overdue, but I really want to propose after we have successfully open our own pharmacy.  So, will you be my lawful life partner, and be with me till the end of our lives?" 

"Ohmygod Kyu!!! Of course I will be with you forever! So..., yes yes, I will be your lawful life partner!!" and Kyuhyun happily slid in the ring into Sungmin's finger. 

It was a beautiful late winter morning, on Kyuhyun's birthday, which was on the 3rd of February, when they finally got married in a small church, which specialising in same gender marriage. Both their families attended, including Ryeowook and Dr Kim Jongwoon. All of them adjourned to hotel nearby for a simple lunch celebration, and then they visited their pharmacy. 

Their families were proud that Kyuhyun and Sungmin managed to open a pharmacy in Paris, and promised to spread the words to their friends so that their friends would visit the pharmacy too when they visited Paris. 

Looking out his apartment window on one beautiful Sunday morning, a week after their wedding, Sungmin smile at the ever elegant Eiffel Tower, which they could view from their bedroom window. 

"Hi Eiffel, after 7 years of staying in Paris, I can finally smile happily! We have a pharmacy and we are happily married!! I love this town! I love you Eiffel! I love you Paris...!" 

-- The end --