The Call of Autumn (Satzu)

Welcome to Waikiki
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With how tall Tzuyu was, it was hard to figure out that she was mildly afraid of heights. She doesn't remember when it started, but she remembered the feeling of icy dread whenever she looked down from a high place and she absolutely abhored it. It wasn't as strange as Dahyun's dog phobia, it was actually more common than she thought, but nonetheless she never liked it when people saw her so feeble and scared. Only her parents and Jihyo knew that, and she was going to fight tooth and nail to prevent Chaeyoung from ever knowing. 

Now, looking up at the roof while holding orange pumpkin streamers, Tzuyu had to re-evaluate her choice in letting Halloween be at the top of her list of favorite holidays. The steel ladder stood menacingly but she didn't want to acknowledge the fact that she was probably going to climb it and she was probably going to freeze like a deer caught in headlights. 

Dropping the tacky decorations, she grabbed her phone and sifted through her contacts for an escape call or some way to get out of possibly dying via falling or a hit to the head. She hated that her friends were conveniently busy with other things; almost like fate wanted her to humiliate herself in front of someone.

The door to the front door open to reveal the person that would be the witness. "Chewy! Nayeon told me to give you a hand just in case you needed help."

Of course, it would be Sana. Always Sana.

She pranced over to Tzuyu; the ponytail that held her hair bounced energetically and swished around whenever she tilted her head. It was cute, Tzuyu admitted, but this was not the time to be having a gay panic when another type of panic was creeping up from the base of her spine. 

Fingers snapped in front of her face and she was taken out of her trance. She blinked her eyes to refocus on what was in front of her. Sana tilted her head like a lost puppy, questioning the distant look she caught in Tzuyu's otherwise warm eyes. 

"Are you okay?"

The baker rubbed her eyes to wipe away the remaining fear, to give her time to let her return back to her calm and cool self. "Yeah, I'm okay. Some dust must've went in my eyes. I'm okay." 

"If you say so..."

To ease her worries, Tzuyu smiled in that shy way of hers. "I'm okay," she repeated. "You said Nayeon sent you help me? It's okay, I can do this by myself."

"Nope! You can't get rid of me that easily, Chou Tzuyu. I'm here to help any way I can."

Tzuyu raised an eyebrow. "Help? You're going to flirt with me the entire time while I do this alone, aren't you?" 

"It's not called flirting. It's called moral support!"

Tzuyu hummed at her unconvincing answer, but smiled―complete with her dazzling eye smile and cute dimples. "It took four months, but you got my name right."

"I actually knew how to pronounce your name ever since day one." Sana leaned forward to boop Tzuyu's nose. "I just think Chewy sounds cuter."

The tall woman pressed her lips into a thin line, holding in the laugh that threatened to come up at Sana's answer. Sounds about right, she decide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter