Chae's Day (or Rather Night)

Welcome to Waikiki
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If asked, Chaeyoung would consider herself to be an understanding person. She was someone that danced to her own rhythm and was more often than not lost in her own little world. While she stared off in the middle of her part-time job as a convenience store clerk, she can truthfully say that she'd rather be in her own world than here. She was working in the dead of night and she was also dead inside.

The flickering of one fluorescent light and the quiet noise of today's pop music were the only sounds that provided Chaeyoung the comfort of not being alone. She layed her head in her hands as she tried not to doze off in the boring atmosphere. Usually Chaeyoung would take the afternoon shifts, however her boss called on her for a special favor after he and his wife finally brought their newborn home that night.

Chaeyoung sighed. She was happy for them, but she much preferred the afternoon shifts than the dead hours of the night. At least there were people that come in and out in the afternoon.

She looked to the clock. She was still here for 5 more hours. She groaned and slammed her forehead on the table. Maybe if she closed her eyes for a little bit then time will fly a little quicker.

 

Tap. Tap. Tap. She felt light tapping on her shoulder, but she ignored them. She nestled more into her arms and attempted to go back to sleep.

Hold up. Where was she? Without opening her eyes, she heard the same light flickering. She heard the same pop song being replayed for the nth time that night. What she didn't expect was a pleasant smell of perfume.

The perfume smelled quite...expensive.

Oh shi-

Chaeyoung slammed her hands on the table and lifted her head. Without opening her eyes, a jumbled apology left her lips. "I'm sorry, Miss. Did you need something?"

She opened her eyes a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter