the clumsy me feels nervous

The Adventures of Junmyeon's Little

I'm sorry, Sehun-ah. I said that I'll get back with your dad, but I did the worst thing possible to the both of you. I'm no worse that Kris, as I was overly eager being with your dad that I also made him do the same thing he did---causing trauma for the both of you. I know that you're angry at me for I am a coward backing away after realizing the reality in front of me, but I want to reflect on the actions that I've done. Curse me all you want, but I promise that I'll come back for you and your dad and become a better man for the both of you. I promise.

It was a letter pasted in front a huge package of banana milk that Sehun got from Baekhyun one morning. With the sad look on the secretary's face, the boy knew that it was coming from his dad, making him stare at the plastic-covered bottles of banana milk for a moment before having the courage to read his father's words of cowardice. It was a stressful time of his life---with Kris trying his best to get his dad to tie the knot with him while he cheated at his back, along with the light of his hope fading as his only chance---his dad---went back to his hiding spot. Are all unmarried baby daddies like this? He wonders.

He sighed for an unknown number of times already, and it was nothing compared to how he was very disappointed to his Chinese father's decisions. But he was right: although he wanted him to get back with his dad, he actually cross the line by letting his dad do the cheating. But isn't pursuing him while having a boyfriend cheating? But Sehun doesn't care---he just wants to see his dad away from suffering, even in the worst, immoral ways as possible.

Sehun is weird. But anyway, despite having those very negative emotions, he gladly did a positive thing by sending him an invitation card to his dad's engagement party with Kris. He doesn't know if he'll go or not, but one thing is for sure: even if he is already hopeless, he is still hopeful.

The stress he received from the extraneous variables was projected into the plan he'd been dreaming to execute the moment he heard the news of his nightmare. With his eyes already droopy from not getting enough sleep, he painstakingly edited the video to his liking, making sure that it will further cancel their engagement. He was sure to drop the bomb and be a spy-wannabe at the actual day, but for the love of god, there was an opportunity that he couldn't miss (more like he isn't allowed to miss). 

He has to say something in the party. A ing speech!

Facing his study table with a bright smile on his face, Kim Sehun finally thought that writing speeches isn't a boring thing after all....

On the other side of the road, there is one person contemplating about his actions. With the darkness enveloping his face, Junmyeon discerned about the things that happened to him----the crazy ones that made him think back whether his life is routinely normal or not. His hands were extended sidewards, standing in the middle of a platform as the tape measure and the hands of an unknown woman hugged him, yelling the measurements the moment she stops the tape from slithering his body. It was an unusual day for him, with his fiance unexpectedly suggesting that they should fit their clothes together for the upcoming party which made him feel a little off. 

But in his mind wasn't the thought that he was about to get married or something, yet it was the memory of Yixing at the back of his head. What happened after that was something that shouldn't be bought up in the household, and to his surprise, Sehun admitted that he met the idol earlier than when they've reconciled. Knowing that, he could only give him a small smile instead of getting angry like the usual. It was something that he could've thought of for himself, but he knew that he shouldn't have crossed the line for he can see what will happen if he did.

But he could not stop himself from thinking about him.

'You seemed off today,' Junmyeon finally felt the heaviness of his raised arms as he heard Kris, who was sitting in the couch across him. 'Do you not like the suit we chose?'

'Ah, no.' He went down and sat beside him, removing his glasses as he rubbed his temple. 'I'm not feeling well.'

To his surprise, he felt his fiance's hand on his back, caressing with gentleness that he seemed to care. He then looked up to see such caring and worried look on his face. 'We should've come here the other day if that's the case.'

'No, no, I'm fine. It's just that...you seem weird today.'

'Weird? Aren't I like this as always?'

No, you were like this before. Junmyeon said at the back of his head while giving a weak smile to Kris. As his fiance stood up to be measured, he took a moment to close his eyes. Everything feels so right, yet at the same time, it feels so wrong. The secret that he and Kris share, the memory loss of Sehun---that time where he was drunk and was beating the of him----was coming back to his mind. The way his arms roughly held the innocent face of the boy, along with the harsh words that left scars on his heart. Then blood was everywhere, with the boy suffering from concussion on his head, making him feel angry yet trapped at the same time. But as he remember that traumatic scene again, he felt his blood boil at Kris's reason----he was angry at him because he still loved Yixing.

And as much as he thought about it, he was dumb---and it was all his fault in the first place. Why did he do that? Why was he confining himself with such person when he can break free?

I think that no matter how many times you go away, you'd still come back because you love me, right?

Junmyeon immediately opened his eyes. Yixing was right, but at the same time, he was wrong.


Everything feels so right.... yet so wrong at the same time.

That's what Sehun thought as he stepped in the fully furnished dining hall, inhaling the sickening the smell of love, and maybe the unexpected insanity as he watched many people going in and out or sitting while chatting with other guests. Everything was pretty---with flowers arranged everywhere and on the stage, clothed tables and chairs, and the best part: catering. He guessed that everyone was excited, although for his part this event feels like something he would see with chaebols in the movies and----oh.

Right. He forgot. His dad was actually a son of chaebol. He immediately brushed off that sentence. It sounded weird.

Sehun made his steps fast as he wanted to avoid people into asking questions whether he was excited to have a father since he was raised single-handedly, or when will be the wedding for the two. Looking down, he walked on the maroon carpeted floor and marched towards two figures sitting each other so close as if personal space ceased to exist, only to interrupt their moment by clearing his throat. 'I see that it's not only my dad who's having the best time of his life.'

'Ah, Sehun.' replied Kyungsoo as he moved his head up. 'You're early.'

'You know what... you've gotten softer.' The boy observed the tinted cheeks and the shining eyes of the vice president the moment he said those words. Curious, he turned to the reason of this phenomenon with an intention of teasing him. 'So, Jongin, what did you make watch for him to be like this?'

'W-we were watching a game!' The dancer replied, face red. 'I was teaching him the mechanics, that's all!'

'Oh, I see.' replied Sehun, who knew what the dancer's saying was right----he just wanted to . He then proceeded to fish something out of the pocket of his trousers, and showed it to the two, who in turn looked with indescribable looks on their faces that made them stand up from their seats. 'So let's go, shall we?'

Like some James Bond movie, the three of them walked towards the control room, with Sehun feeling like a (psycho) boss of the mob; smiling so wickedly that every adult that pass by him thinks it's just an expression of how happy he is in today's event. At first, they were scared that they might be caught by the one operating the room, but to their surprise, people were busy for the preparations, leaving only a tall, familiar-looking guy sitting inside.

'Chany---' Sehun exclaimed as they entered the room, only to be cut off by Chanyeol who had a suspicious look on his face. 'Shut your mouth, you little ! I ain't supposed to be here.'

'Shouldn't you be with the other guests, hyung?' asked Jongin innocently. 'Yeah, but I snuck here, I guess.'

The three of them nodded as if nothing was going on, until the little felt like something was wrong. 'Wait... how did you get an invitation? I didn't invite you!'

'Why, are you the one getting engaged?' He retorted, lowering himself to Sehun's face. 'Professor Kim gave our class invitations, for your information.'

'Oh, I see... so what brings you here?'

The tall man looked away for a moment and gave a little hum before answering, 'A little birdie told me that there's a plan somewhere at this moment...I felt hurt knowing that I'm not part of this plan, yanno? I root for your dad and the professor.'

'Little birdie?' asked Sehun as he raised his eyebrow at him, making him nod in reply. 'Yeah.'

'Who....?'

'From what I heard, he's been busy planning mechanics.' He replied before laughing, making the little turn to the dancer, who was trying his best to sneak out of the scene.

'Kim Jongin!'