he's so selfish, but i like it

The Adventures of Junmyeon's Little

Breathe in. Breath out. Look calm. Don't mind the crazy palpation in your chest. Be confident as you are. Remember your title as a little . Remember. 

Those were Sehun's notes to himself as he patiently waited for his turn when the program started. Everyone was filling the once-empty hall, and there were many happy talks about how the couple were ridiculously good for each other (Sehun would've accepted the first adjective), or how happy they were for them, etc., etc., and other bull he can't believe he heard from the same people who threw as his dad the moment they heard that he had a child without a husband, making him feel more motivated to ruin it.

His dad and Kris were sitting on a table that's on the middle of the stage, separating them from the guests who're literally looking at them as if they were gods of the east, entertained by some hosts who's showing their fake smiles at the couple. Looking at Junmyeon, the little finally realised why his other dad was too caught up to be with him. Look at that beautiful god shining with such porcelain-skin and ethereal smile that could send anyone in heaven by just a single stare! Who would not try to be desperate in having just a single lingering moment? Who wouldn't?

But what fired the boy up was the color coding of the couple's suits, making him annoyed. His dad was in a cream-colored suit with a white rose inserted on his pocket, while Kris was in black. They sure are looking like a married couple. A married couple. Sehun rolled his eyes at that thought. The 'groom' can't even keep his to one person!

He immediately removed those from his thoughts in case it fired him up to the point he becomes excited (and be misunderstood by everyone that he's excited about the marriage), and just looked around to observe the people around. He glanced at the table where the bear-penguin couple sat, then to the table next to them, where Jongin's dad sat, looking at two. Sehun nodded, as he remembered inviting the dancer's dad as a chaperone for the two, but he realised... didn't his dad invite Mr. Kim too? Just when he thought about him not going, the professor suddenly appeared out of nowhere, dashing discreetly as he slid to the empty chair next to Jongin's dad.

Something's fishy. Sehun thought. Other than Kris's intentions of marrying my dad, of course. 

'To present his message to the couple, here is Sehun, Junmyeon-sshi's eldest.' Everyone clapped their hands with a deafening noise as Sehun walked up to the stage. A smile was on the little 's face---he can't hide his excitement anymore as he stood in front of everyone with the words To My Dad & Kris written in some fancy calligraphy on the video thumbnail projected on his back. The clappings finally stopped the moment he stood in the podium completely silent. He breathed deeply for a second, looking around to see if everything was okay now.

Happy messing!


Junmyeon, who was just a few meters away from his son, was quite satisfied in seeing him walk while wearing a suit. But deep inside him, there was an unpleasant feeling that's so heavy that he can't explain. He doesn't have a ing clue---there are so many ideas buzzing right into his mind the moment he remembered what his son was. He then later on calmed himself down, thinking that it's a special day, how would this little mess this important event?

'As everyone knows, I am a child without another father.' The boy started, voice echoing in the super-silent hall. 'My dad raised me by himself, and is struggling sometimes. But...I can see and feel firsthand through his efforts that he really loves me and never regrets in having me into his life.'

Hearing those words, the professor felt his heart warming up to those words that touched him. And it was even more when the boy turned to him with a soft smile on his face. Oh the little joys of a parent! 

A heavy silence followed, even heavier when Sehun gave out a sigh. 'I've said this a thousand times, but I don't really find him good for you.  This is the last time that I would say these words...however, I am still not finished---how can a host end a show when it's still starting? Ladies and gentlemen----oh, hear ye! I present to you the proof of a cheater's unworthiness--- a surprise for everyone!'

Everyone's confused response were either chatters and mutterings as the lights immediately went off, making them focus on the video projected on the huge screen. The thumbnail immediately changed into black, along with some piano that resembled like those in Fur Elise's. 

The same fancy-typed 'To My Dad & Kris' appeared, but now continuing with photos of what seemed to be the couple's first few years of actual dating. Everyone, especially his dad, were relieved to see the photos being displayed, only to gasp in horror the moment they all saw the next words flashed on.

 To My Dad & Kris....

You were like this before; happy, loving, and beautiful. But as I looked into you two, I've noticed that what you have right now wasn't because of Kris's hatred for me, but rather there was something wrong between you two.

To Kris, I know how much you hate me...but I was thankful for the other times you made me feel like I have a complete family. But now, I don't know anymore. What made you change?

Is it because of my other dad?

To my dad, I said what I said. I'm sorry that I made you do things that you shouldn't have done, and I ask for your forgiveness. However, I will never forgive the damage done to you by the people around you. Today, I will ask for an extra chance for I am about to ruin this event.

All of this for your happiness.

Blackness suddenly covered the screen the moment the words stopped flashing, and was followed by moans that made everyone gasp in horror. Parents were frantically covering the ears and eyes of the children the moment they heard it, making the whole event a mess. But as the actual video was shown, Sehun smiled. He wasn't smiling madly like he was a villain succeeding in his plans, but rather a calm smile amidst the storm happening around him. The footage he secretly recorded with the two was there explicitly showing the affair Kris has whenever Junmyeon was not around. The boy took a look at it for a moment, breathing in and out sharply on his chest before being pulled by someone with a deep, angry voice.

'I should've killed you back then.'

The boy turned his head up and saw the fiery eyes of Kris, whose grip on his wrist was becoming tighter in every second. The strong, unwavering confidence of his was easily shattered as he saw the look on his face: it was something that wasn't foreseen in his plan. Immediately, he tried to pry himself out of his grip, yelling, 'It hurts, Kris!'

It was no use----his hand was too strong. The crowd, on the other hand, replied with another gasp, and instead of trying to interfere, they focused on the kids who were just...there, unaware of what's happening. Seeing that it was a situation he cannot escape, Sehun went hopeless and was slowly getting scared as he felt the man's hand let go of his wrist...

...and later felt the both of them move to his neck.

The pressing of Kris's fingers sent a chilling sensation to Sehun as he felt his own body fall to the ground, numb. His fingers was slowly making him lose control of his own mind, along with his eyes blurry, yet still can see clearly the angry look the man has as he choked him. His ears slowly went deaf, leaving him the curses that tell him to die or to wish that he wasn't born. But the more he went number, the more his world turn into the darkness. Damn, I never expected my life to be this way. He spoke to himself, dramatic. But to his surprise, he suddenly saw a small dot of light coming closer to him, along with words he cannot make out for they were thick and unrecognisable, making him curious. Is this heaven?

But to his dismay, it was not.


Junmyeon froze on his seat the moment Kris stood up and went to his son. He can see and feel that something's about to happen, yet he cannot move even the pinkie of his hand. As if it was slowed down before him, the professor saw the same exact scene he saw before---making him break from the imaginary glass that trapped him for a moment. 

Everyone also froze seeing the situation unfold in front of them, making the professor decide on his own. Seeing that it was closest to him, he immediately grabbed the porcelain flower pot that sat on the table and smashed it on Kris's head. The man finally stopped and had let go of his hands before turning to him. 'What are you trying to do?'

'I....I' was Junmyeon's reply as the man moved closer and closer to him, making him feel smaller. The crowd that was once watching them was becoming a rushing one: everyone was running and panicking; Jongdae was running with Jongin and Kyungsoo as they approached his son; and others were already calling the police. He appreciate the help others were doing, but he knew that it was of know use because this man will now be on a rampage as others try to touch him. He was ready to submit himself in order have his son have time to escape when the door suddenly opened, with a few unexpected guests.

'다들 난리가 나 나 난리가 나....?' (Dadeul nalliga na na nalliga na na / Go crazy, go crazy...?)

Standing behind the door were mostly policemen, but what caught everyone's eye were the two figures that were surprisingly standing with one another: Minseok, who looked very confident for a second before becoming flustered the moment he met Jongdae's eyes, and the idol everyone knew, who was clad in a clean suit, Yixing. As he met Junmyeon's gaze, he let out a soft, comforting smile.

'I'm sorry that I'm late---I was trying to give them evidence worthy for this warrant of arrest, and I guess we did find a solid one now.'


Every single thing that happened before him felt very strange to the professor. Yixing coming in as if he was interrupting a big birthday bash, Minseok being confident for a second, and Kris arrested---everything wasn't real for him. And now he's sitting with the idol in the private room where Sehun is currently resting in. He glanced at the idol looking at their son with a worried look on his face, making him hold his hand silently. 'You're so weird, you know?'

Junmyeon became flustered. 'W-what are you talking about?'

'You say such things as "Oh god, no, this shouldn't be happening", "this is bad", etc.,' He replied, shifting his attention from their sleeping son to the professor. 'Yet you do these things that make my heart go crazy.'

'I....' He paused for a moment for replying, while squeezing his hand. 'I wanted to thank you for saving us.'

'Aw, that's adorable...but it wasn't me who saved you.'

'Huh?' Junmyeon went confused. 'Then who?'

'It was Minseok-sshi.' Yixing slowly stared into Junmyeon's eyes as they were shining in tears---he knew that hearing about how his friend saved them can make him cry easily, making him immediately hold him into his arms as the professor cried into his chest in happiness and relief. Whispering he continued, 'He told me all the things that happened between our son and Kris; how he abused you two---he even recorded some when he visited your house, but he was reluctant because he was also scared. So he went to me, and I was glad to help.'

'Thank you...' were Junmyeon's only words as he clung into Yixing, his head buried to his chest softly while the idol played with his hair. 'I'm sorry for hurting you, Yixing-ah.'

'Yeah, I know...' The idol then cupped the professor's face and gazed to each other's eyes with an uncontrolled emotion between them. To Junmyeon's surprise, it was suddenly Yixing's turn to have glassy eyes. 'You love me now, ...don't you?'

Hearing that question, the professor felt himself crying all over again, but this time with a smile on his face. He wiped the tears off their faces before kissing him.

 'Yeah, I do. I ing love you.'