lay zhang studio plan

The Adventures of Junmyeon's Little

'So?'

'So what?' Sehun raised his eyebrows as soon as Jongin showed him the announcement of Lay Zhang's agency having its opening in a few days. Everything has been perfect for him right now: he knew Mandarin; he had a bunch of evidences to pull on his sleeves if ever his dad doubts his existence and his over-all confidence. Kyungsoo thought it was funny to see him all smug, but nevertheless, he wanted to help him because his intentions were very, very, clear.

'What's your next step?' asked Jongin as he looked at him with eyebrows raised. Both he and Kyungsoo knew the boy was doing this on impulse, and that he has no actual plan on what to do whenever he reaches that goal. Sehun could only give a sigh as an answer. 'I... I don't even know what to do next.'

'You're a , aren't you?' Kyungsoo slapped his arm before putting his hands on his hips. 'You see, his entertainment agency is now on the way opening---why don't you just go before there's many people?'

To the both of their surprise, the boy gave a small pout. 'I'm shy.'

'You're...shy?' Jongin looked at him in disbelief. Never was Sehun a shy type; he's always loud and it was just a very----well the two cannot blame him though. It's reasonable to be shy when your actual dad is a whole celebrity.

'Well I'm also scared at the same time!' He spoke, loud that he heard his own voice bouncing back. 'What if the guards in his place will stop me before I reach? My plan will never work.'

The boy could only pout and cross his arms on his seat, but the two were eyeing each other cautiously, somewhat their minds clicked into something. To Sehun's surprise, Kyungsoo slapped his back. 'Ow! What was that for?'

'Don't worry, Sehun.' He giggled. 'Jongin and I will help you.'


Their classes ended and Kim Sehun could not believe himself standing on the ground across the whole building where his father's studio stands. It looked slick and rich---well of course, who would want their agency to be wack as ? The more he looked at the place, the more his doubt and fear became bigger.

'My dad's happiness is also my happiness. But if that happiness would hurt him, won't I step in? I love my dad so much, and I would choose to do everything for the sake of his happiness.'  

Remembering those words made him smile. He has to do this for his dad---he could not afford to see him sad and ruin his life. He knew his dad wants someone to be happy, and for the letters he read so far, he knew his dad was the happiest when he met his other dad. 

'What are you waiting for?' He blinked as he saw Jongin holding his hand to drag him along with Kyungsoo, who's eyeing around the place. There was no one around, but as soon as they were about to enter the glass door, there was, as expected, a security guard.

'Hey, you!' The boys immediately froze from where they were and saw an old man wearing a uniform call them. Of course there would be a security guard, Kyungsoo said as they brainstorm their plan. We need to sweet talk him around.

'Ahjussi?' spoke Kyungsoo as the man eyed them cautiously. 'What are you three going in there?'

'Our friend wants to pee,' spoke Jongin as he nudge on Sehun to act like he's almost about to pee. 'So we're trying to find a comfort room for him.'

The man gave an 'Oh', very much for them that they hoped that he would let them enter the establishment, but to their surprise, he spoke, 'There's a comfort room behind me. You can use it.'

The hope on their faces immediately vanished as they went to the direction the man told them. It was in the back though, not really near to where the guard can see them. The three of them went closer to each other whispering to their next plan. 'Jongin and I will keep on talking to the guard and I'll have him go back here and then later on, go back to us and pretend that you are lost.'

'How about me?' Sehun raised his eyebrows in worry as he felt in his gut that they would be caught. 'I don't know where to hide if you tried to find me.'

'Don't you see that little box over there?' The two moved their heads to see Jongin pointing on the moss-covered box in the farthest corner. There was a serious look on the boy's face as he examined it like a game item. 'You're going to hide beside it.'

'What?' The two looked at him in disbelief, making him laugh. 'I think the old man will never see you there though if we distract him a bit while trying to find you.'

'Jongin,' spoke Kyungsoo as he moved closer to the dancer. Them standing close to each other had a very big contrast, Sehun noticed as the two looked at each other with serious faces. Very couple-like, he thought. 'Don't you realise things in games don't even succeed in real life?'

'That's why we have to try.' Jongin replied, with a look that the boy recognised as his dancer face. The smaller boy was taken back, but later on turned to Sehun with his hand opening. 'What...is that for?'

'Give me your ID.' He asked, with his face looking annoyed. 'We're doing it.'

The plan gave some doubts to Sehun as he started to hide--same with Kyungsoo as he almost stuttered while chatting with the security guard, only to be saved by Jongin's change of self, who in turn was a convincing actor. There was a look of deep worry on the guard's face as he came back, and went along with them.

As the three of them entered the back, Sehun tried his best not to move and get noticed by the security guard as he was being guided by the two. There was a shocked expression that Kyungsoo had let out from his mouth as soon as they saw Sehun's ID that they threw on the farther side, making him run quickly as much as their span was on the thing left on the road.

Finally, Sehun entered.

It was full of people, and there were some things around that were messing up the place. Seeing a huge counter, he went closer and saw a person sitting there. It was maybe a receptionist as the boy noticed, but they were a bit distracted as they were talking to someone on phone. Knowing that he'd be caught if he'll ask politely like a little child he was, he tried to deepened his voice. 'Where's Lay Zhang's room?'

'Big room on the fourth floor,' replied the person along with giggles. A smile was on Sehun's face as he finally got an answer, unknowingly replying with the childish 'Thank you!'---making the receptionist stop from where he was and look to see the boy running towards the elevator. 'Who are you? Come back here!'

It was a close life and death situation as the both of them were standing on each other: Sehun was already inside the elevator and it immediately closed before the man (who actually looked like a puppy) arrived. A huge sigh of relief came out from him as he pressed the four button, and slumped his body on the silver metal wall of the elevator. But as soon as the floors were starting to add up, his nervousness was also starting to become intense too--but he remembered it was all for his father. 

If only I could Kris, I wouldn't have done this.

There was finally a ring and Sehun could feel his heart stop the moment the metal doors opened, revealing a extravagantly furnished floor.

As he went out, the first thing he saw around was the whole representation of Chinese culture that decorated the whole floor. Everything was so far different from the first floor, which was sleek and full of dark colors, unlike this one that was full of colors and aesthetic. There was a mural that depicted the lives of Chinese people before along with emperors and wars being drawn. As he moved to the doors of his office, he saw the handles were two gold dragon heads facing each other, making him open his mouth in amusement.

Wow, so my dad's a huge patriot.

He could hear his heartbeat getting louder as he slowly went nearer and held the handles. Opening the door slowly, he found the light that met him not that bright, and there he saw a man sitting at the center, typing vigorously on his laptop.

The plaque that was in front of him was the Mandarin of his name, which the boy read slowly. 'Zhang... Yixing.'

It was the first time he saw his father, and Sehun thought he was about to cry. Why did my mother leave him and fell for that Kris instead? He was so happy that he bowed down his head to stop himself from crying that he didn't know he had actually gotten his attention.

'Who are you and why are you in my office?'

The petite boy stood straight and moved his head up, only to see a man sitting in front of him with huge boredom in his face. He was unfazed despite how intimidating the man's aura was, even more to compare his school clothes to his expensive suit and his dried hair to his slicked back one. Sehun decided to march into this big building, and find exactly where his office was, only to fufill the need that had been itching him since day one.

'Boy, I'll asking you one more time, what are you doing here?' He knew that by the tone of his voice, he was getting impatient, but he still didn't react to it.

He had to provoke this man first.

'If you couldn't ans--'

'你好, 我是金世勳.' (Hello, I'm Kim Sehun.) He bowed as he introduced himself, making the man blink his eyes in surprise at him speaking Mandarin. '我的华文还不太好, 所以如果我讲错了一些字, 想对你道歉.' (I just learned Mandarin so I'm sorry if i have some words wrong.)

'It's okay to speak Korean to me,' He replied, wanting to reassure the boy to lessen his embarrassment that he weirdly felt suddenly. The man wondered how this unknown (or maybe lost) boy had entered the building without the surveillance of the security and everyone. But he thought again and examined the boy's face. It looked like he knew who he was, and it sent shivers to his spine when he felt like something was off---that this small boy looked familiar to him. 'But why are you here?'

'啊, 我只想来看你的样子,' (Oh, I just wanted to see what you looked like,) The boy replied in Mandarin again, making the man started to feel irritation at the stubbornness of the boy. He sighed as Sehun looked around and examined the whole office, eyes filled with wonder and fascination to the furniture and the rich- he thought he would only see at the drama his dad would often cry to. '看起来大叔你有很多钱.' (Wow. You're rich, uncle.)

He glared at the boy, irritation starting to develop in him, but at the same time there was a confused look on his face. '你怎能叫我大叔呢? 我还年轻呢!' (Excuse me, you call me an uncle? I am young and free!)

The man let out a sigh of disbelief; he can't believe he was dealing with a kid he doesn't know, talking back to him childishly in order to make his point relevant. It was also a busy day since it was also days before he'd open the studio he'd been dying to create ever since he was a trainee. To his surprise, the boy chuckled. '我想我现在也不能叫你大叔了.' (I don't think I can call you uncle now.)

'什么?' (What?)

Sehun looked at his reaction and smiled, making him more confused than ever that all he can do was to raise his eyebrow.

'因为我现在站在这里, 是来告诉你: 你是我的爸爸, 而我需要你来帮我一下.' (Because I'm standing here to tell you that you are my dad and I need your help.)