so what went wrong?

The Adventures of Junmyeon's Little

This wasn't the plan.

This isn't something Sehun would expect. 

If this was a variable for a  research, this would be extraneous. 

A kneeling Kris, with a very expensive ring wasn't a scene he'd expect to happen. This very unexpected event happened when the tall man miraculously took them to dinner on a Friday night, along with the bullying stopping abruptly that he wondered if some sickness caused him to do so. Fancy dinner; a silent, peaceful life; and most especially love-sickness---did Wu Yi Fan finally got the memo that he should break up with his dad?

No, it was even worse.

The plan that would get a sure win was that he would let his parents have that 'affair' that would baffle him, making him confess that he was cheating on him. But now that they're getting somewhere far as a couple, he felt like he was holding the short end of the stick.

This isn't real right? He asked himself as he saw his dad's expression that time----shocked, at the same time really happy like he was really expecting the cheater to be his last. He did not expect his dad to be like that, now that his other dad told him how good they've gotten; on how his dad would often call him to meet, and sometimes they would be having night drives together.

So what the hell went wrong?

Also, at that time, he could not stop them. There was some glistening emotion inside Kris's eyes; as if he was waiting for his moment---but at the same time, he was also scared. It wasn't that soft, loving romance that he sees for couples who were genuinely in love, but it was that the more he's stare at him, the more he sees that his stare is threatening him to say yes. 

'Kris...' was the first word he said when the three of them flocked together, but this time in the shared apartment of Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Everyone's eyes went directly to the little , who then added before burying his face on the sofa bed, '..proposed to dad last Friday.'

'What did your dad do? Did he accept it?' asked Kyungsoo, whose eyes were about to cry.

'Yeah, he did.'

'WHAT?!' Everyone's attention then shifted when Baekhyun stood up from his seat, pure anger in his face. 'Why is he hurting himself when he can just flick that liar to my peyk---'

But seeing the melancholic expression enveloping the boy's face, he let out a deep sigh. 'I can't believe he'd do this...'

Like a contagious virus, the sadness spread out the whole apartment, making it their atmosphere---but not until one attempted to change it back into something.

Like something dumb.

'Uhm, are we sure we can't do anything to stop their marriage?'

Everyone's eyes moved, again, to the one and only person who'd probably suggest the most ridiculous ideas. Jongin's face became awkward when he saw the face looking at him in disbelief; as if they'd been told by him that they're just a bunch of es who give up easily. 'Are you really sure?'

'We can't stop them now, Jongin.' spoke Chanyeol. 'It's Prof. Kim's decision to marry his boyfriend.'

'So what? Are we really gonna stop there just because that two-timing er just whipped out a fancy ring? Aren't we really gonna make him change his mind? Don't you even realise how toxic their relationship has become and that he is only becoming okay since he is currently talking to Mr. Zhang? Are we really gonna give up because life gave us lime instead of those ing lemons?'

'I get what you mean... but what do you really mean?'

'What I'm saying is that we have to ing ruin their ing engagement party!'


'So, what's the occasion we're celebrating?'

'Yixing, I have to tell you something.'

'That is....?'

'I'm getting married.'

Hearing those words made Yixing's world crumble into pieces to become like flying dust. 

Everything was already perfect for the both of them----there was already a connection forming between the two of them as if they weren't lovers in the past. They were slowly starting all over again; with the memories of being together repeating and repeating. It was already the start of his golden year---he was eager to take him back; to love him better and to make him the most happiest man in his whole life. But all of those never had a start, as the reality of him being proposed to was there, hurting him the most.

But what went wrong?

He could remember the night he told him that news that shook him to his very core. His eyes---he could remember how he felt forced; with those induced smiles that mirrored him holding back to something he could not explain. He's pushing me away again, just like before. He told himself the moment he apologised, which he could only give a smile to.

Why the does Junmyeon keep hurting himself?

'Mr. Zhang? Mr. Zhang?' Yixing's eyes blinked the moment he was out of his thoughts. Beside him was the worried Baekhyun, who definitely knew something was wrong with him. Sighing, he buried his head on his hands before asking, 'Mr. Byun, have you ever loved someone so stubborn?'

'Yeah...I mean....yeah. Definitely. Why sir?'

'Would you ever make a choice that will make you unhappy in the end?'

'No.... but if its for everyone's happiness, sure.'

'But what if it doesn't give happiness?'

'Then I won't do it, sir.'

'See!' He exclaimed, surprising the secretary from his sudden action. Baekhyun wanted to laugh seeing how his boss's face lightened up with that thought, but he held back knowing he'd ruin the passionate moment he has. 'Why would you sacrifice yourself when it's no good, right?'

'Exactly, sir.' He replied, grin as big as his anticipation. 'So what do you want to do?'

'Ruin their engagement?'

'T-that's a bad idea, s-sir.'

Yixing thought for a moment. His eyebrows were extremely furrowed, thinking hard on what to do to convince Junmyeon to stop that marriage. He already told him that he'll pursue him even if he gets labelled as a homewrecker, and no matter what, he'd chase the professor---

Professor?

The idol's face lightened up once more. 'Didn't we have a scheduled event on some university?'

'Yes, sir.' replied Baekhyun as he pretended to look at his files to hide the excitement on his face. 'It's in...ah! S University.'

Hearing that name, a huge smile was all over his face. It was the university where the professor teaches, and sometimes he would fetch him there whenever he'd like to have nightly drives or dinners. Happiness was all over his face; the passion and the motivation spread like wildfire in his eyes----in which made Baekhyun look like he's the audience watching for the best part of the drama to happen.

'Mr. Byun,' He spoke, eyes full of unwavering determination. 'I shall make it happen....'

'I shall capture his heart in this party---just like before.'