hey mr. dj, keep playing this song for me

The Adventures of Junmyeon's Little

disclaimer: this is in fact, not happening in the actual Seoul universities, but similar to ones on the university I am at. 

SONG: Hey Mr. DJ (Keep Playin' That Song) - Backstreet Boys


It's the time everyone's been waiting for since day one: the performance!

All eyes were on the stage, anticipating for the person who's gonna come up. Flocked under were fans, students, non-students and professors who managed to see the most awaited event. Entrance music was starting to play---rumbling, rumbling like their hearts.

Yixing took a deep breath---sharp, that he could feel the dryness of his throat. He was standing on the stage elevator and was waiting for the music to stop. His heart was also beating fast like the others outside, just for the thought of his one and only watching from the sea of eyes that he's going to face. Sehun said he's here, he thought, before the small, square door opened and pushed him out.

'Zhang Yixing! Zhang Yixing!' shouted the fans the moment his silhouette can be seen on the huge VCR projecting in front.  All eyes were on him as the lights finally were on him, making the screams louder and stronger than before. Everyone held their breaths; clutching their chests,---but no one had the unexplained feeling choking them other than one person. 

Junmyeon was there, holding back his tears.

It was----all of his life----his first time seeing him perform in front of his very own eyes. This was something he cannot avoid, as he refused to look nor give a glance to every performance he would almost encounter them. But here he was----his chest felt tighter than before that it was already impossible to breathe, and his eyes were already red as he was trying his best to hold his tears. He never had the chance to see him as the idol that everyone loved---he wanted to see him happy dancing, performing, singing----but seeing those would hurt him more. He wanted all of those humble, fluid, serene movements to be for his eyes only, but seeing how he was becoming obsessed--he took advantage of the situation he had. 

The person performing in front of the people around him was the person he once loved, and will always loved. He is so proud of him.

This was the Zhang Yixing that he wished after going away. It was the best decision he ever made.


While Junmyeon was having the sentiments of the love he once let go, there were two---no three pairs of lovebirds with a single kid scattering around the place. 

They were doing something. Chanyeol's eyes flickered with such passion as he twisted the already-hard button in front of him. There was sweat all over him, and Baekhyun was gripping tightly on the long length, casually moving his grip up and down as he tried to fit in the hole. 'Come on..ugh..., get inside.'

Unaware of his boyfriend's endeavors, the tall man placed his hand, feeling the flatness that feels circular, then later on twisting it left and right with such pleasure that he gave a smile. 

'Ah!' Baekhyun shouted, making him startled. His eyes moved to where Baekhyun was, then looked back to what was in front of him. 'Wait, this wasn't plugged?'

'No,' He spoke, looking at plugged hole that was so difficult to plug in. 'It was the only the left speaker that wasn't connected. So you ready for this?'

'Of course,' Chanyeol smiled. 'I've been a dj for a lot of times---what makes you think I can't?'

There were two young lovers having the time of their lives on the booths around. Holding his hand tightly, Jongin watched as his beloved Kyungsoo looked around with amusement on his face. Such expression gave him a warm, fuzzy feeling that made him imagine that they were only ones moving and that the world was just slowing everyone's time except theirs.

The more he looked at him, the more he realised how much he loved him. 

'...I'll marry you one day...' He mumbled under his breath. 'What?'

'Nothing...love you...'

'What?'

'I SAID I LOVE YOU!'

'OKAY, I LOVE YOU TOO!'

Jongin smiled. He wants to stay forever with him like this----and he is sure.

But we'll never know what the future brings.

On the other side of the story were two people who were given another chance of love. One was left by the woman who was once his world, while the other was never had a chance to experience what love is, and is reluctant to experience it. They are two polar opposite sides of the spectrum of romance, but here they are, together.

Kim Jongdae was a single father with a heartbroken long ago. The woman who carried the son he is raising suddenly left him like dust in the wind, with no message nor clues to where she had gone to. That woman was his own world, and his life revolved around her. But after having deep thoughts, he decided to start over again---not only for his own, but also for his own son to experience what a complete family feels like.

At the end of the spectrum lies Professor Kim Minseok, a NLSB (No lover since birth). Despite of his undisputed beauty and smartness, he never had a single romance on his life, but instead those little, hopeless crushes that he held on for so long before giving it up after seeing the reality in front of him. But now here he is, falling in love with a stranger he only seen once. 

'Uhm, Minseok-ssi...' started Jongdae as he looked at the man beside him sheepishly. Although he was the only one who has an experience of love, he was the shyest. 'How are you?'

'I'm fine,' he replied, gradually looking at the trembling hand in front of him. 'You know, I have propagnosia.'

'Huh?' He replied, confused. But as soon as he saw the serious look on the professor's face, worry was filling him, making him hold his hand (wow, improvement). 'What does it mean?'

'I...' Minseok paused for a moment to take a look at Jongdae's lips, which were biting in anxiety. Looking at him worried made him smile a bit. 'I never saw your face. I just saw your lips, and I...'

To his surprise, Jongdae squeezed his hand for a couple of times before sighing in relief, then laughing. With a smile on his face, he mumbled, 'That's cute.'

'Hm?'

'Ah, nothing.' He replied, still holding his hand. 'Do you want to watch the show?'

'I won't be able to see Lay Zhang's face, but sure.'

Jongdae smiled. Maybe it's good to fall in love after all.

But among these love stories that are bittersweet and are too sweet that they'll be giving you diabetes, where did our little go, you ask? In a crowd filled with people around, a lonely boy; with a heart of gold underneath a skin of naughtiness, was standing on the same ground as his dad; was looking at the same stage that made his dad feel those stirring emotions; and was amazed at the sight of seeing his father again.

He's excited. After all, he wants them to get back together again.

He was the mastermind of what will happen at this night, and he is very confident of himself at this plan. Even if he can't find him, Sehun was sure that his dad was in that crowd, slowly realising the mistake he made. He wanted him to realise that first love never dies no matter how one kills it.

Oh my, he's an author excited to write the ending of his fairytale.


Ah Backstreet...

As when everyone thought it was over, music suddenly played---but there was no Yixing in it, and instead it was the DJ standing, playing music for the so called after party that everyone's been talking about. Everyone who has been coming regularly knew one little secret on this: the moment the DJ starts, that would mean that the invited artist is in the crowd, dancing along with them. Anyone who will dance with them would feel like they've won a prize.

But one man didn't know about it.

I could tell when I stepped in the room
And I saw you standing there

In a crowd where everyone's having the time of their lives dancing, his eyes wandered to where he was. His son told him that he was still in the crowd, making him feel nervous and excited at the same time. Yixing discreetly moved around, making sure he didn't attract any attention by wearing the lamest clothes pulled by Baekhyun beforehand. His eyes were desperately moving around, searching for the eye-glassed professor among the people. He was becoming anxious, and there were many questions flooding up his head: What if he went already? What if he left the moment he saw me performing?

But at the time he almost lost hope, he saw him there, standing. 

There was some mysterious force
Leading me here to you

Junmyeon was lost, confused and scared. He knew what people were doing, but there was a problem: he couldn't get past these people. They would either rub their sweating bodies against him, or either invite him to dance (which he find it surprising, but still he turned them down), making him feel little among the people around him. He still couldn't believe himself, and on what he felt when he saw performing: the hardwork he saw on Yixing finally resulted into a beauty that was so breathtaking. If only he could see him persona----

Personally?

So I stood there watching
And I was hypnotized
By the rhythm of your body
And the music in your eyes

In a moment where he was not believing himself, a hand grabbed him by his shoulder, pulling him to a hug. He was becoming more confused, and the stranger's hug was tight as if he wrapped his arms him like a prized possession. As much as he was confused, he was slowly becoming familiar to the person hugging him. The warmth on his chest; the rapid, heavy heartbeats; the music that seemed to be volumed down; and the heavy breaths----it was giving comfort.

But not until the stranger sang in a whisper: 'And I was lost inside your world with you.'

Knowing that familar voice, Junmyeon held his head up and saw Yixing smirking at him. 

The distance of their faces were close enough to make them kiss, and the professor could swear that this moment he currently has made him breathless. Their only focus were only each other, as if time stopped its way for them. He can't believe---he was in front of him, smiling. Those strong arms were binding him as if he was his.

But he was always his.

'Hi.' The huge, smug smile on the idol's face was making his cheeks flush, making him nervous and clumsy in front of him. Upon realising how the idol held him, he immediately panicked, slowly losing his balance---but Yixing caught him. At that moment, he was cooked by his own embarrassment as he can feel his body under his clothes. 'Easy, easy.'

'I t-thought you're gone,' He spoke, eyes looking everywhere but him. 'How....?'

'You thought I would leave immediately, huh?' The smug look on his face slowly faded and turned to a soft, loving one. 'I won't. I've waited for this moment.'

To his surprise, the idol grabbed his hands; placing one above his shoulder then held the other to his own. Junmyeon flushed in embarrassment as he felt Yixing's hand on waist. Oh god, he thought.

They could not believe what's happening to them. 

'Dance with me.' He spoke, squeezing his hand. Without second thoughts, he nodded, and found himself dancing along with him.

Hey Mr. DJ keep playin' this song for me
Out on the floor in my arms (s)he's gotta be

Such nostalgia, Junmyeon thought. The idol guiding him to dance added more to his embarrassment on this night, but at the same time he felt euphoric like a Victorian woman having the time of her life when she fell in love with a gentleman. Yixing himself was a mess; with every sway, every turn, every move he managed to look into his eyes. , he's still so beautiful, he thought.

The two were looking into each other's eyes, full of love and happiness in them.

Now it feels like it could be romance
As we dance across the floor
Every move that your body makes
Only makes me want you more
And it seems like time's moving fast
How can we make it last?

Junmyeon was the happiest he's ever been. Yixing was in a state where he could not describe (Nirvana?). It was the most beautiful moment of their lives, and for their little son, who was far but eager at their interaction.

Junmyeon was sure now.

Close your eyes
And imagine us alone

'This feels like we were young.' spoke Yixing the moment they felt the song was ending. Was happiness even a better word for him to describe what he felt? He didn't want to let go as they stopped, looking at the face of the man he loved so much. The silent beauty was looking at him with such unexplained emotions on his eyes, making him confused. But he became more confused when he asked; 'You know what makes us feel more younger?'

He laughed. 'What, huh?'

'This.'

Without adding anything, Junmyeon pulled him to a kiss.