is that a coward i see? [ hopefully all of us has a love life (sana all may lablayp) ]

The Adventures of Junmyeon's Little

disclaimer: this is in fact, not happening in the actual Seoul universities, but similar to ones on the university I am at. 

This is the day where the fun comes in.

It's Seoul University's foundation week! It's a three-day annual celebration where there are events happening from day to night, and everyone, even if they're from other universities and such, can get inside. The whole campus has booths all over the campus---you can find varieties of street food, snacks, meals and drinks around, along with people selling bags, school supplies, clothes and other things you can find in some bazaars. You can even buy merch of your favorite idol groups around! 

But the fun doesn't stop there. Excitement and anticipation would make people all over Seoul gather in this university when it reaches the third day. Every year, the university would invite a very famous artist to have a couple of performances, then there would be party starting late at night for everyone present. 

Oh my! It's already the third day, and you can sense the excitement even in the morning---except for that one person who came to school with furrowed eyebrows on his face.

Our very own Professor Kim.

So what caused him to have this grumpy look on his face? It's true that it's a win-win situation for students and professors since they are free from what they are doing for three days, but not in the case of Junmyeon, who came at school in the afternoon. His attention was called when the Dean asked about retaking an exam with him discussing the same topic again since the Dean himself was a bit unsatisfied with the average scores.

Junmyeon wants to slit this man on the neck, but since he can't do anything despite how he and his class were happy reaching such scores, he has to do it.

' this ,' he spoke under his breath the moment he went to the classroom. 'My three-day vacation is ruined and we're the only ones having a class.'

Meanwhile, one of the Lay Zhang - Kim Junmyeon shippers were stuck in such miserable situation that the other members have to laugh at his suffering.

Chanyeol was having his good morning after having that good time with his boyfriend last night, but when he read the announcement of having a three-hour class in the middle of the foundation-day--he felt like his life was about to flip. And he what that three-hour class meant.

A two-hour discussion and a one hour exam.

His whole day was flipped to a sad mess because first things first: He has an exam. Second: he can't help Baekhyun prepare. Third: he can't bully the three kids whilst helping his boyfriend. And now he finds himself in a classroom full of emptiness, in front of Professor Kim, whose face showed a lot of disinterest of doing what they're supposed to do.

Well who's going to have an interest in a time like this? 

A few minutes later, students were flooding the room, with pure disinterest on their faces. The whole room was basically the melancholic room, with both of the professor and students having the same energies: the Dean. But still, Junmyeon continued the lesson, just reminding everyone of what to answer in their quizzes. With only ten minutes being bit off the clock, he started handing out papers.

'You can start once I give you your paper. Just answer the hell out then leave the hell out later on. We've done this a lot, and that dickhead would be just unsatisfied,' He mumbled, making everyone snicker at his words. 'Anyway, get the hell out as earlier as possible so that we can have the time of our lives at this point, okay? Tell the Dean the what I've said today, and you'll find yourself having an AF the next day. Got it?'

As he was continuing in giving papers, Chanyeol's phone received a message.

It was from Baekhyun.


Professor Kim thought that this exam would take at least an hour for them to finish since the problems were just similar to the one's they've taken, but it wasn't the case. He should've considered the probability of the difficulty of the exam to the students.

One hour and thirty minutes later, some students passed their papers with faces filled with excitement as they finally escaped hell.

The thirty minutes left had most of the students pass their papers, full of sighs of relief.

The three-hour session finally reached its early time for the third hour, but Junmyeon was trying to watch closely for the student who was basically the one left in room, still doing the last three problems of the paper.

It was Chanyeol.

It wasn't that he was slow to answer his paper, but instead it was all part of the revised plan that Baekhyun had prepared with uttermost panic. Chanyeol please be the slowest the system was the text he sent to him at that time. Flattered how he was still in the plan despite being not involved physically to the preparations, he eagerly took the task despite having the ability to answer the problems for like an hour.

His strategy? Answering the other problems earlier, then later on start writing Chinese poems for Baekhyun before hitting the third-hour mark. He was having the time of his life enjoying the death glares of the professor whilst answer the three problems that he left unanswered for almost two hours. When it was finally two hours and thirty minutes, he gave him the paper with pride.

But the look on Junmyeon's face was the opposite of pure bliss. It was pure annoyance.

'Mr. Park, I thought you were the sharpest tool in the shed?'

'Ah,' He chuckled. 'Not today, sir. Had a fight with my Baekhyun.'

'Baekhyun?' he asked, somewhat trying to process the name due to the familiarity. He knew he heard that name somewhere. But seeing that on his face, Chanyeol panicked, immediately saying, 'Sir, that's my wife!'

'Huh? You're married already?'

'Ah, no... J-just on the way to marriage.' He replied, averting his gaze from the professor. They were walking down together, and to Junmyeon's dismay, it was the period where all the fun begins for everyone. There were many people around, gathering at different booths at the moment. Some were eating, were shopping, and having the greatest time that made him nostalgic.

It was just like his youth.

Such long look on his face made Chanyeol look at him like a child looking at his mom. But the two's attention shifted when someone tapped the professor's shoulder, making him turn back to see such familiar face in front of him, smiling. 'Junmyeon-ssi! Your university's spectacular.'

'Yeah.' He replied before turning back. 'Minseok, I want you to meet---where did he go?'

The tall was gone with the wind, rushing to type that Jongin should bring his dad.


It was the night that everyone's been waiting for: the night of the chosen's star's performance! All ears were ringing in anticipation the moment they heard that the invited performer would be bringing a lot of fans, and that he was Lay Zhang---oh is it right? Lay Zhang it is! Most of the people are flocking around the huge stage he'll perform, along with the huge turnables for the DJ on it.

So where is the star of the night?

Sitting on one of the chairs, Yixing was having the time alone contemplating. Yes, he was contemplating because he was so confident with himself, but knowing that a certain someone would be at the stage, watching him---he suddenly felt nervous. The huge smile that was on his lips suddenly faded the moment he stepped inside the venue. He's willing---but its not enough.

'老板,你还好吗?' (Boss, you good?) To his surprise, a warm bottle of water was placed on his cheek. It was Baekhyun, who with a soft smile, added; 'Let's do our best today.'

'I know...' He trailed off, still barred on his thoughts. 'Why do I always feel so nervous knowing he's there?... But what if he's not there? I should be thinking that---'

'Sir, don't think of that way.' There was a serious, fighting look on the secretary's face. 'What's the point of doing all of those things if you're just going to chicken out on getting him back. Trust me, I know that he's here.'

The idol smiled. 'You know, you're already my therapist.'

'Well, as your secretary, I'll do everything that I can to fulfill your needs. Let's get your heart ready, chop, chop!'

In the vast land of people, there stood a group of three personalities were around, along with a confused adult on some tteokbokki stand near where the performance was happening. They were still staying on the same spot, farthest from the stage as possible, even though the guy who told them to wait would be noticeable even in the shadows. Kyungsoo, who was very aware of Jongin's dad that he was stealing glances at him, asked Sehun; 'Where's Chanyeol-hyung?'

'He said he was trying to find Baekhyun-hyung. He'll come a little later.' He replied, eyes glue to the crowd. He's trying to find his dad in the sea of people around, but he stopped knowing he can't see him on his height. Jongin on the other hand, was excited for his confused dad, who just took advantage of his own confusion by buying food.

'I thought you'll be with your friends,' Jongdae asked his son as he was back from buying takoyaki. He was grabbed the moment his son went back home, telling him that he has to come with them---and now here he was, eating. 'Why am I here?'

'Uhm, nothing,' replied Jongin, whose gaze were towards Kyungsoo. 'I just wanted you to come with me.'

The man looked at his son before looking to the boy then back to him---such cute happenings in front of him made him chuckle. 'You really love your boyfriend, do you?'

'What---' Both boys moved their heads towards him, with shocked expressions that tell how did you know that. The cunning smile on his face never faded, but grew even worse. 'Stop denying it, you two. I can sense it in the way you two move.'

Now there is that evident tint on their faces. How cute. 'Are you cautious of me, Kyungsoo-ssi?'

The boy hesitated for a moment---it was true that he was nervous around his boyfriend's dad, but now that he knew, he felt the burden he'd been carrying suddenly faded. He slowly nodded, before adding, 'I thought you'd be angry at our relationship.'

'Why would I?' He replied, smiling with such vibes that gave off calming reassurance. 'You're the love of my baby's life!'

'Stop calling me that, dad!'

'Hopefully all of us has a love life.' mumbled Sehun as he listened to their conversation. I'm bringing him was the message Chanyeol sent to him, and he doesn't even know how he managed to bring the guy despite not knowing him---ah he remembered. Jongin was telling everyone about the new love of his dad, and that is no other than Kyungsoo's beloved neighboring ahjussi. 

The confused yet unaware adult was busying himself by pinching his son's cheeks when a deep voice called them out that made him jump. Turning to see who he was, he was shocked to find a familiar face in front of him, smiling. 'Jongdae-ssi! Didn't know that you're here.'

'Ah, me too.' He replied, warmth on his cheeks slowly rising like a motherer hee hee. Shy, he was trying to find a person who can keep his cool in front of the apple of his eye.

But they're gone. They left him there. Alone with him.