2.B

Loving a Stranger

•-Future-•

 

I found the bathroom and hurriedly got in while panting. God my heart is beating so fast damn. I stared at my reflection in the mirror in front of me. My eyes went wide in shock.

 

 

Damn I looked good. I'm still Kim Jisoo but older? And with a purple hair. Never imagined that I'll ever dye my hair purple. This is making me hella confused. I the faucet and gently wet my face. My heart is slowly calming down.

 

 

'Come on Jisoo don't panick you got this. Just talk to that lady earlier and ask whats happening you can do this'

 

 

I can do this

 

 

I can do this

 

 

I can do this

 

 

Okay here it goes. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply. I turned the door knob and opened the door. I tiptoed walking minimizing the small noises I might make.

 

 

I found myself standing in front of the kitchen. The lady earlier was there in front of me cooking. Unaware of my presence. I started getting anxious again. I fidgeted the hem of my shirt. I  CANT do this. But its too late.

 

 

I cleared my throat trying to have her attention which worked. As she lifted her head.

 

 

"E-ermm h-hi g-goodmorning"

 

 

I tried to sound like a decent woman and act like one yet I failed. I stuttered alot and my voice shaked so much. me.

 

 

She turned around her face contorted. She turned off the stove and prepared the table as she muttered a soft 'sit' which I obeyed. I just sat there awkwardly, that just summarized my whole being.

 

 

Once she's done she sat across me staring at me, rather intensely. Its making me uncomfortable. I shifted in my sit. She sighed.

 

 

"Babe is there a problem?"

 

 


Aahhh! What the actual how am I suppose to reply to that? Tell me or I might go crazy.

 

 

"N-nothing"

 

 

I just stared at the food in front of me trying to ignore the thick air surrounding us. The tension is real.

 

 

"You've been acting really strange"

 

 

Of course I mean I dont know whats happening. How this happened. Why this happened. 

 

 

"U-ummm its nothing"

 

 

With that I started to eat trying to act normal as much as I can. But the lady in front of me wasn't eating. I looked at her nervously.

 

 

"W-why aren't you eating?"

 

 

I tried to ask calmly. I can't totally read her expression, I'm bad at understanding people. Damn it.

 

 

"Its just that you never eat the foods I cook"

 

 

What?! How could the older me not eat her wife's cooking. Aishh ungrateful bastard. I smiled.

 

 

"Its actually pretty good. I like it"

 

 

Her cheeks were tinted with light pink. Is she sick? I stood up and leaned to her trying to touch her forehead. Her eyes went wide. Huh? Hmmm she doesn't seem like she have a fever.

 

 

"You're not sick, why are you getting red?"

 

 

Whats happening to this lady? Once I said that she instantly became a tomato. She hung her head low.

 

 

"I-I need to go take a shower"

 

 

She hurriedly got out of my sight. Weird. I just muttered a low 'okay' I stood up and cleaned the dishes that we used. After awhile I found myself roaming around the place.

 

 

There were picture frames hunged in the walls. It was that girl and me in a wedding attire. So I'm a married woman now. I never knew I was gay. I shrugged it off and continued to look around.

 

 

There wasn't anything special really. It was just me and that lady no other people. My head hurts with all of this thinking.

 

 

Just then the lady came out freshly in suit and tie. She look y. Wait what? Nope definitely not she just umm looks good what am I saying. I'm checking out my older's self wife for pete's sake. I directly turned my vision away from her.

 

 

"Aren't you going to work?"

 

 

She asked. Wait I have a job? What am I suppose to say when I didn't even know I had a job in the first place.

 

 

"Umm no?"

 


Unsure, she looked at me as if I was crazy. I am crazy though.

 

 

"Whats happening to you chu? This is so not you"

 

 

"Ohh"

 

 

I got caught red handed. This is not me I do agree with that. 

 

 


"Let's talk later I'm late for work see you later baby"

 

 

She goes closer to me and pecked my lips softly before going out. Flustered I was not ready for that. Just what is this?

 

 

I need answers. I got back to that room where I found myself sleeping ealier. Hmmm its super tidy surprisingly considering I'm not fond of cleaning at all.

 

 

The table beside the bed there was a phone on top of it. I held it and tried to open it. There's a passcode. Ughhh this wont work I placed it down and scanned the whole room.

 

 

There was a frame hanged beside the door. Its a certificate.

 

 


"Jennie Kim?"

 

 

We have the same surname. Of course you do idiot she's your wife. Well scratch that my older self's wife.

 

 


She graduated with a degree. Oh wow my future self have a good taste. A very beautiful woman and well eduacated. Nice.

 

 

And the other frame stated 'Kim Jisoo' ohhh thats me! Okay calm down.

 

 


I graduate too. I mentally celebrated well thank God I didn't fail. Its a good news really. Considering I'm not good with studies.

 

 

Just then the phone on the table rang loudly filling the quiet room. I jumped back surprised.

 

 

I looked at the caller's id

 

 

'Lalisa'

 

 

ITS LISA! SHE MIGHT BE THE ONE THAT COULD HELP ME. I thanked the heavens above. I directly answered the phone carefully.

 

 

"Hello?"

 

 


There was a pause then a loud voice was being produced from the other line. Aw. My ears.

 

 


"YAH KIM JISOO WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU? YOU ARE AN HOUR LATE YOU IDIOT"

 

 

she sounds really stressed, I chuckled Lalisa is never stressed out as far as I know surprisingly.

 

 

"U-um lalisa?"

 

 

There was a long pause again. Okay this is just weird. I spoke again but this time with a soft tone.

 

 

"Help me"