10. J

Loving a Stranger

"Yo Jisoo unnie are you readyy?!"


Lisa suddenly bursted out of nowhere opening the door rather dramatically. I jolted out of shock and glared at her.

 

"Why are you here?"


"Lets hang out my treat"

 

Well I've been stuck in this place for about a week now anyways and I'm so done seeing the white walls so why not?

 

"Yeah su--"

 


I fished out my phone and quickly dialed Jennie's phone number. It rang a couple of times till it was picked up.


"What?!"


Oh okay not in a good mood definitely not. I glanced at Lisa while talking to Jennie slowly. Lisa had an hopeful eyes how could I say no to this idiot?

 

"Umm--ermm--"


"Kim Jisoo just say it! Or I'm hanging up!"

 

"N-no wait c-can I hang out with Lisa?"


I muttered a soft please crossing my fingers closing my eyes. There was a long pause and a sigh.

 

"Fine, but come back home quickly"

 

"Really?! Thank y--"


Before I could even finish what I was about to say she hanged up. I shrugged and beamed at Lisa as I nodded.

 

She quickly dragged me out to the parking lot. While driving Lisa broke the silence.


"Lets eat lunch first"

 

"Okay"


I just nodded and stared outside again. After awhile of driving we arrived at a fancy restaurant. Wait what?


"Why do we need to go to a fancy one?"

 

"Umm because I want to? And besides its my treat comeon Jisoo unnie"

 

We are way too undressed for a place like this. Its too.. grand I must say.

 

"Umm Park Chaeyoung"

 

Lisa said to the girl, she nodded and smiled to us while leading the way. Wait. Chaeyoung? Park Chaeyoung?

 

We arrived at a table and there we saw Park Chaeyoung. She looked beautiful as ever. And oh. We have another person beside Chaeyoung but her face was covered with the menu book.

 

"JISOO UNNIE!"


Chaeyoung yelled rather loudly and ran towards me hugging me tightly.


"C-chaeyoung c-cant b-breathe"


"O-oh im sorry got really excited there but anyways its been awhile since we saw each other I've missed you"

 

"Yeah me too"

 

We talked a little till thr waiter asked for our order.


"Jennie have you chosen already?"

 

Chaeyoung asked the person beside her-- What?! The person lowered down the menu book and revealed a person I've been seeing alot in the house. 

 

"Jennie?!"


I almost yelled out loud as she glared at me. She raised her eyebrow to me questioning. I can't believe this girl Jesus.

 

"I-I didn't expect to have lunch with y-you"


"And your point is?"

 

Damn this girl is just... is just.. annoying the hell out of me. She have bee driving me mad lately. She is like a baby you should take care of. She may look like a and act like one but believe me when I say she is indeed such a childish person. I feel like her servant whom is taking care of her 24/7.


"N-nothing"

 

"Good then"


With that she diverted her attention to the waiter as Lisa and Chaeyoung chatted.

 

"Umm guys we have something to say!"

 

Lisa started she looked at Chaeyoung and nodded as they both smilef widely.


"We are getting married!"

 

I choked on the water I've been drinking. They are what?! Holy I didn't even know they were together let alone engage. Jennie wasn't surprised at all she just shrugged.

 


"Not surprised but congrats both of you"

 

"Y-yeah I'm happy for the both of you"

 

I seconded as we celebrated their engagement. Well they are my friends after all so I should just support them instead of questioning.

 

After lunch we parted ways I was about to hail a cab when Jennie stood in front of me as Chaeyoung and Lisa have somewhere else to go. 

 

"What are you doing?"

 

"Umm getting a cab?"


I smiled sheepishly as she rolled her eyes. She held my arm and dragged me to God knows where.

 

"You are coming with me"

 

We arrived at the familiar building and walking inside all the people we've encountered always bowed to us. I dont even know why.Getting in the elevator I saw a familiar face.

 


"Nayeon?"

 

"Ohh Jisoo"

 

We talked for a bit and Jennie suddenly held my hands intertwining my fingers with hers I looked at her and she just glared at me.

 

"Umm it was nice seeing you Na--"

 

I couldn't finish my sentence as Jennie dragged me harshly outside the elevator.

 


"Whats your problem?"

 

"I told you I dont like seeing you talking to that girl!"


"But Nayeon is a nice person!"


She suddenly pushed me away.


"Fine then! Have it your way, go to her and hang out as much as you like"

 

She started walking away as I followed her silently. One thing I've learned is that Jennie is sensitive I knew she was hurt and she gets hurt easily.

 

 


She entered at what seems like an office and I followed her.


"Look I'm sorry okay?"

 

Jennie just kept mum and sat on the chair clearly doing her work.

 

"Jennie-ah please forgive me for yelling"

 

I came close to her and hugged her.

 

"Go away"


She said through her gritted teeth. But I didn't give up. I turned her chair towards me and kissed her forehead this'll make her feel better and hugged her tightly.

 


"I'm so sorry it wont happen again okay?"

 

She just burried her face in my chest as she nodded. Such a cutie. The hug lasted for a couple while.

 

"I still have to do my job will you wait for me?"

 

She asked softly. Tell me why is this human so cute and intimidating at the same time?!its driving me mad. I just want to put her in my pocket.

 

"Of course, I'll wait here take your time"

 

I just said. Sitting on the couch in front of her desk reading a magazine I was entertained by it which helped killed the boredom I've been immune to.