004. RAINCHECK

RED ACE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The plump of cherry blossom lips curl downwards, into a frown-like expression as dark hues clash against hers, almost criminally. 

 

He doesn’t really know why he’s surprised to feel such an omnipresent sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach, doesn’t know why he’d expected anything other than the femme’s sour mien. Her lips press together, eyes glistering with an admirable gleam of sorts, a couple of blinks to acknowledge his presence before she turns her back away and back into the whatever meaningless conversation was occurring beside of her. 

 

It’s cold. 

 

Despite their lack of acquaintance, it’s the furthest she’s ever been away from him.

 

No polite waves from the distance or hidden glances. 

 

An acknowledgement against distant eyes.

 

Notorious dark pigments scan the interior, looking for his next target of sorts in his usual manner ; a burst of ual gratification that’ll pull him away from the darkness of the week. 

 

It’s a routine. 

 

To show up to whatever event someone was hosting ( this time being in his own home ) and to find someone to be his for the night. 

 

It’s a never ending cycle. 

 

One of complete destruction.

 

There are a few familiar faces that are smiling back at him, open invitations that he knows he barely needs to lift a finger to get them in bed and had this been another day, he’d surely find whoever was closest ( and easiest ) and throw them into his bed, but for some reason, today seems a little different. 

 

He feels a hunger hanging above him, like the air above his shoulders was a little more dense than usual. 

 

Perhaps, the air that surrounds him is the vaped cameral air from a few hours ago…

 

Jeon Jungkook wants her. 

 

Their story resumes in their usual way, within the realm of another party, this time one hosted in his dorm, playing out their usual routine almost perfectly through those unspoken glances before they diverge back into their differing crowds. Except this time, he’s mad it his own little game to ensure a different outcome than usual. His eyes follow her charlatan smiles, hues b with complete delight as she rests her finger on the shoulder of another gentleman. He doesn’t know who, but he quite frankly doesn’t care. 

 

In some respects, he’s a predator inspecting his prey, eyes gaping with ambition. 

 

She was endgame. 

 

He equates the feeling of being around her akin to torture, eyes following each movement of her sequinned dress as she carried whatever conversation was occurring around her but it isn’t truly an unbearable pain until he watches an unfamiliar had rest against the curve of her waist. 

 

He doesn’t move. 

 

Jeon Jungkook can feel the muscles in his body tightening, jaw completely clenched as his eyes move towards her expression. 

 

She looks uncomfortable. 

 

He doesn’t want to trespass. 

 

But she doesn’t look like she’s enjoying it. 

 

It’s only then, that he realises that he’s never seen her with another man. He’d seen her group mates on occasion with other idols, but she was someone who seemed to attend these functions alone, nomad in some way. 

 

Somewhere between the inner dialogue of his brain, finds tired feet making their way over to her with his fingers wrapped firmly around her wrist, dragging her away impolitely. 

 

He doesn’t care, that people were looking. An eruption of goosebumps and butterflies, seeps through her touch as he barely navigates his way through the crowded hallways and into his room, shutting the door shut. He’s becoming more and more frustrated with each silent second as she stares at him with a perplexed expression, arms actively crossed as though she was waiting for an explanation.

 

The young gentleman most certainly doesn’t have one, in fact, his actions and the consequences of them seem more like afterthought than anything. 

 

“  I know I’m probably

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter