020. UNDERSTATEMENT

RED ACE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The concept on maintaining good posture seems like a distant notion as he collapses into the sofa in a way that almost seemed as though he were dissolving into the suede material, blending with the piece of furniture. Jeon Jungkook ordinarily was careful against his natural tendency to slouch, especially with years of training and years under the spotlight but he seemed to have a weakness on instances like tonight where he’d find himself with the temptation of alcohol and beautiful women all jam packed around him like sheep. He had separated from the other boys sometime between the first and only round of shots that he’d end up participating in and about eleven o’clock when he’d check the time on his way to the bathroom. He tries hard to conceal the disappointment behind dark chocolate rims as he scans the room nonchalantly, eyes clashing to see that they were a little less than ten minutes away from midnight. He sat alone in the middle of the crowded luxury venue, on the eve of the new year hoping that he’d spot her at some point in the night. A dismayed sigh departs from crimson lips, before he feels a tap across his shoulder, head shifting faster than a cheetah only to reveal some trainee he was once acquainted with, but couldn’t quite remember. His days of drunken rendezvous were over. He shakes his head no before slowly peeling himself off, gathering his thoughts along the way. Had he known that the new year would be spent alone and without her, Jeon Jungkook would’ve left a long time, and fallen into the appealing impulse of crumbling into a world of complete dreaming instead of sitting sullen and alert around a world of vibrant drunkenness. He wonders why, out of all nights, she decides not to attend the biggest party among their agencies though knows he’s in no place to be angry given that he hadn’t checked in on her attendance before coming. 

 

Agile fingertips promptly reach for his phone from the coffee table mere inches from him before reaching for a set of keys, cussing as he notices the way that his phone battery had been drained sometime ago without his knowledge. He plays with the idea of staying for a few more moments in the case that she’d make an appearance but given his luck, the idea of driving home without new year traffic seems a lot more compelling. If he speeds fast enough, he’ll most likely make it in time before the clock strikes and won’t have to deal with the sight of couples around the city making out and enjoying the end of a long year. 

 

“Leaving already?” 

 

Every inch of his tired body freezes in complete submission, lips slightly agape in astonishment at the instant recognition of her sapid tone, laced with a tone of challenge almost. 

 

Before he could even turn, he feels the warmth of her slender fingertips wrapped around his wrists as she pulls him through the pool of bodies, until they make their way through a hallway where no one seems interesting in standing. His eyes blink in complete shock, wondering how it was possible that she could find him in the madness of the party and how, her t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter