022. FRAGILE

RED ACE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He’s staring. While ordinarily, Park Chaeyoung doesn’t mind the attention she knows that his intentions are not to admire or appreciate, but to look for some sort of answer to the sudden change in her persona. She can feel the sympathy glistering beneath his eyes and the disappointment before he even speaks. 

 

“Chaeyoung.”

 

She yearned for a peace. Park Chaeyoung doesn’t want an intervention. She needs an escape from her reality. Her eyes fall shut wishing that she could just drag him from the chair beside the hotel bed and out the door. She doesn’t want to speak. Perhaps if she imagines hard enough he’d actually leave. 

 

He doesn’t. 

 

Jeon Jungkook never does.

 

She doesn’t know why he’s still here despite the uncertainties. 

 

“I don’t want to talk,” her voice is bittersweet, soft yet cruel in more than just one respect, “… it will be better if you leave.”

 

She isn’t wrong. 

 

“I can’t watch you be like this.”

 

She wishes more than anything, to be blind to the vulnerability in his voice. 

 

“I’m sorry but it’s better if i’m alone, thank you for everything but it’s best if you leave right now,” her words are louder than before as she finally finds the courage to turn her head to him, an exhausted smile forced against her lips, “… thank you for everything up until this point please send me the invoice and i’ll pay back for the hotel room.”

 

He gets up without hesitation and in less than ten seconds he’s out of her sigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter